Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Off-Topic Thread...

k3smostwanted
01-24-2005, 10:54 PM
What the hell is this? (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/670452)

i dont know but i would love to ahve that interior and engine!!! look like a wanna be ferrari looking poser body kit...you always seem to find the shit of the shit broke...

Broke_as_****
01-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Its not like they're hiding.

freakonaleash1187
01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
it looks photoshopped to me.

-Jared

DeleriousZ
01-25-2005, 05:49 PM
way to completely block off direct flow to the radiator.... moron

1viadrft
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM
GEORGEY I LIKEY!!!!!

http://takumiproject.com/web%20photo/c0404073.JPG

those would look f***ing SICK on my car!!!!

anyways, can you PM or post anymore used wheel site you know of??? that site had a few that i liked or that i might be interested in powdercoating the center's black.

those are nice...

DeleriousZ
01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
oooh... purdy

k3smostwanted
01-25-2005, 07:03 PM
those are nice...
they are still too expensive...

tell me what you guys think of these...these are more than in my price range. these may be mine...only downfall is they arent as light as i want but still alot lighter than most wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/kazera/swap/kazera_kz_a_bml_ci3_l.jpg

freakonaleash1187
01-25-2005, 07:48 PM
those look pretty sweet, how heavy are they?

-Jared

k3smostwanted
01-25-2005, 07:50 PM
those look pretty sweet, how heavy are they?

-Jared

20.8 lbs and 21.2 lbs in the rear...

freakonaleash1187
01-25-2005, 08:03 PM
they weigh less than my aftermarket wheels.

-Jared

k3smostwanted
01-25-2005, 10:24 PM
they weigh less than my aftermarket wheels.

-Jared

well actually i dont know what they are now...tire rack says they weigh 23 lbs but another wheel info site said they weigh 20lbs. :dunno:

it doesnt really matter...

Broke_as_****
01-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Sex, Love and Rock & Roll by Social Distortion owns you.

k3smostwanted
01-26-2005, 02:09 AM
1 more kill for the Z32...

brand new pontiac bonneville...i know nothing about this car so i dont know if it is worth talking about or not. i was just excited because it was my first kill in forever...

we were going about 45mph down a very straight street with the roads wet and i know this road is slippery when wet, from past experience. so he comes up next time and guns and then stops, he does this 3 or 4 times. then i get on mine for a split second...then we go back to normal and he guns it right away so i get on mine but not floor it because i dont want my rear end to slide out...i give it enough gas to drop down to the appropiate gear and then i floor it, this gives him about a 2 car headstart on me...i catch up in a hurry and pass him even faster. blew the friggin doors off that car...he didnt even have a chance. he then catches back up and gives me a thumbs up...and then takes a right turn off the road in embarrassment. j/k :lol:

freakonaleash1187
01-26-2005, 07:03 AM
how can you race on wet pavement? if i got past 5k rpms in 1st-3rd gear, i will start sliding. but i still do it for fun, i love the feeling of tail-wipping and sliding.

-Jared

k3smostwanted
01-26-2005, 03:33 PM
how can you race on wet pavement? if i got past 5k rpms in 1st-3rd gear, i will start sliding. but i still do it for fun, i love the feeling of tail-wipping and sliding.

-Jared

mine only slides out if i floor it right off the bat...if i give it half gas so it drops down a gear easy and then i floor it, im fine. remember i was already going 45mph...so its not like i was going 25mph and i dropped down to first from 4th.

freakonaleash1187
01-26-2005, 04:01 PM
even if i am going 45 mph in 2nd gear, my tail likes to get out from under me.

-Jared

k3smostwanted
01-26-2005, 05:27 PM
even if i am going 45 mph in 2nd gear, my tail likes to get out from under me.

-Jared

without dropping the clutch a little???

hmm...maybe your tires arent very good on rain. i know a guy with a 425rwhp TT and he doesnt have problem in the rain unless he floors it in 1st gear...

DeleriousZ
01-26-2005, 07:18 PM
i found that in the automatics i drove it was a lot harder to get the tires spinning than in standards... something to do with the throttle response perhaps... i really don't like auto's for racing or anything compared to standards... just the way the car responds as you give it gas seems so much different... then again it could be different in the 300zx's...

either way... nice kill k3... i had a kill of my own a couple nights ago

DeleriousZ
01-26-2005, 07:22 PM
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?adID=6475376

hmmm... if i could sell my car now for 3500... get a 6k loan... talk the guy down to 10 even... i maybe could get it... if only i had a job....... well i guess i can always dream lol

k3smostwanted
01-26-2005, 07:51 PM
i found that in the automatics i drove it was a lot harder to get the tires spinning than in standards... something to do with the throttle response perhaps... i really don't like auto's for racing or anything compared to standards... just the way the car responds as you give it gas seems so much different... then again it could be different in the 300zx's...

either way... nice kill k3... i had a kill of my own a couple nights ago

thanks delerious...

i find the automatics are rather impressive in the 300zx...they shift alot quicker than your average car. like i said, if i were to just floor it, it would slide my back end out evertime on wet roads no matter how fast i was going. i slid my back out in 3rd on the highway once and i learned quickly not to floor it in the rain. i have been driving my car long enough to know what i can get away with and what i cannot. anyways, the 300zx auto trans. is not sloppy what-so-ever but they may be becasue it was just rebuilt 10k miles ago. :dunno:

DeleriousZ
01-26-2005, 10:34 PM
alright guys.... check this shit out... but i warn you.. not for the people that get queasy at the sight of blood....

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=777869

Broke_as_****
01-26-2005, 11:05 PM
This doesn't really warrant a thread so here is some stuff that arrived today:

Complete gasket set, new fuel rails, belts, oil pump etc and so on. It will pretty much be a new engine when its done. In the bottom left is my JWT ECU fresh off the line. (http://img153.exs.cx/img153/1456/10002444el.jpg)
Shut up. Mine didn't have any in it. (http://img150.exs.cx/img150/8955/10002456ry.jpg)
The only real performance upgrade in the package, the UD pulley. Hard to see it but the size and more over the weight difference is huge. The stock is 13lbs or so, the UD is 3-4. (http://img150.exs.cx/img150/7271/10002477qm.jpg)
Got this for spending alot of money. (http://img175.exs.cx/img175/4038/10002461zk.jpg)
This was the popcharger that was on my car. The one I got with my dual pop kit is blue, and as you can see this one is grey (no, its not that dirty). Can't be having that. So I bought another new blue popcharger. Anyone want this one drop me a PM (http://img150.exs.cx/img150/2167/10002483zi.jpg)

k3smostwanted
01-27-2005, 12:12 AM
you know it will be blue again if you would have just re-oiled it, right???

mine is grey too but it was blue when i bought it. im sure you knew that but i guess that is for anyone who wants to buy it but thinks it is really dirty, its not, it just needs cleaned and re-oiled.

anyways, nice broke!!! 0 mile engine with 0 mile parts, you cant beat that!!!

and delerious, are those the deer's organs laying in the back of the truck there or is that just a piece of flesh, either way...ewww.

did the deer jump and hit the windshield or what??? i mean those truck dont sit low to the ground. i would think it would have just hit the front and go down...ehh...that sucks.

Broke_as_****
01-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I started washing it and it wasn't changing color, seemed to be gray. Anyway, all it means is I have two fresh ones now.

k3smostwanted
01-27-2005, 12:28 AM
I started washing it and it wasn't changing color, seemed to be gray. Anyway, all it means is I have two fresh ones now.

:lol: yeah the filter is gray, the JWT oil that comes on them is blue...the oil wears off after a month or so and then it goes back to its normal color which happens to be gray...im just letting people, who are interested in buying it, know that it is not super dirty, it just needs re-oiled so it can be nice and blue again.

Broke_as_****
01-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Well. Thats good to know.

I got a new shift knob too. Mine was worn through on the top.

Anyone else like pudding?

k3smostwanted
01-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Well. Thats good to know.

I got a new shift knob too. Mine was worn through on the top.

Anyone else like pudding?

did you get a stock replacement or did you get an aftermarket piece???

maybe freak can answer this better, is it possible to remove the leather from the shift knob and restitch it back together and then glue it and put it back on the knob?? the reason im asking, i dont know if i want the red stitching in my car from the JDM nob and boots but i think silver would go well...i know i can get the boots custom done but what about the knob???

DeleriousZ
01-27-2005, 03:10 AM
i like pudding... i think... if it's the kind that comes in the jello container then yes...

as for the deer... it was struck by a minivan going the opposite direction then hit the suv... and yes those are organs... a heart at the very back, a liver and something else in there... and yes it is real.

freakonaleash1187
01-27-2005, 07:04 AM
i would think it is possible to remove the leather. talk to redline and see if you can send your shift knob in and have them do it.

i have seen that deer before at 300zxclub. it is pretty disgusting.

-Jared

k3smostwanted
01-27-2005, 04:20 PM
i would think it is possible to remove the leather. talk to redline and see if you can send your shift knob in and have them do it.
-Jared

ill email them and see what they can do...i might just end up with the stock pieces or the JDM things, but i dont want to be like you!!! j/k :lol:

1viadrft
01-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Don't they make JDM e-brake boots too?

k3smostwanted
01-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Don't they make JDM e-brake boots too?

yeah, do you live under a rock or what??? :lol:

DeleriousZ
01-27-2005, 10:19 PM
broke check your pm's

Broke_as_****
01-27-2005, 11:43 PM
My shift knob is OEM. What the **** you think this is, a Honda?

I think my shift knob weighs more than my underdrive pulley.

Seriously.

Anyway, Delerious, if you can take the stock airbox off and get a picture of the flange mount with some center measurements on the bolts then I'll check the filter and see how close it is. If it's pretty far off it would still probably just be a simple matter making up a filler piece to mount it to.

Broke_as_****
01-28-2005, 02:09 AM
Don't Drag Me Down (http://socialdistortion.com/audio/qt/drag.movl) by Social Distortion is probably still the best song ever.

This must be a really close second however:

Reach for the Sky (http://socialdistortion.com/audio/qt/reach_for_the_sky.mov)

"Reach for the sky because tomorrow may never come"

The motto of a man building a 600hp Z. :cool:

Any bets how on far my life expectancy drops after its running again?

Broke_as_****
01-28-2005, 02:54 AM
http://www.zheaven.com/

Videos section

k3smostwanted
01-28-2005, 03:16 AM

hm...i would expect the average person to live till 80 so i will say about 59 years!!! :lol:

1viadrft
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
yeah, do you live under a rock or what??? :lol:

Sometimes...

Don't Drag Me Down (http://socialdistortion.com/audio/qt/drag.movl) by Social Distortion is probably still the best song ever.

This must be a really close second however:

Reach for the Sky (http://socialdistortion.com/audio/qt/reach_for_the_sky.mov)

"Reach for the sky because tomorrow may never come"

The motto of a man building a 600hp Z. :cool:

Sorry... "Ball and Chain" and "Sick Boy"... timeless classic Social D. I seen Ness and the boys at the Glass House about four years ago. Haven't had a chance to pick up the New Social D but I heard that single and was okay...

1viadrft
01-28-2005, 02:07 PM
So now that we are on music... list your fave artist, bands, DJ's, rapper, type of music, etc.

Mine are:

Johnny Cash

Hank Williams Sr.

Morrissey, The Smiths

The Clash

The Ramones

Sex Pistols

Social Distortion, Mike Ness

Bjork

Angelic Upstarts

Marilyn Manson

Reverend Horton Heat

Tiger Army

Depeche Mode

Gutter Mouth

Samshing Pumpkins

I like Punk Rock, Psycho/Rockabilly, Indie, Goth... anything different. I also relish in electronic music like Trance and House. Your turn!

freakonaleash1187
01-28-2005, 03:17 PM
korn (*cough* screenname *cough*)
mushroom head
slipknot
breaking benjamin
mudvayne
rammstein

i like basically anything that is nu metal.

-Jared

k3smostwanted
01-28-2005, 05:38 PM
i dont really have favorites...

-mos def
-common
-i listen to some old linkin park (i dont know any new stuff)
-techno

thats about it, but basically i listen to whatever catches my attention.

DeleriousZ
01-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Anyway, Delerious, if you can take the stock airbox off and get a picture of the flange mount with some center measurements on the bolts then I'll check the filter and see how close it is. If it's pretty far off it would still probably just be a simple matter making up a filler piece to mount it to.

What?? lol, i just need to know the diameter of the opening... i'm pretty sure mine's 3"... i'm putting a piece of pvc/whatever pipe where the resonator is... so i just gotta match up the diameters... correct?

http://www.zheaven.com/
awesome couple vids:thumbsup:

ZedEx
01-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Ooo lets see here...

Metal wise...

-Earth Crisis
-Between the Buried and Me
-Beloved
-Prayer for Cleansing
-ZAO
-The Black Dahlia Murder
-Candiria
-Bury Your Fucking Dead
-Throwdown
-TOOL
-Samhain
-Danzig
-Misfits
-Black Aria
-Henry Rollins Band
-Dimmu Borgir
-Cradle of Filth
-Eighteen Visions
-Boy Sets Fire
-Underoath
-UnEarth
-UnDying
... God I dont feel like going on

Chill music...

-Jack Johnson
-Ben Harper
-Led Zeplin
-Robert Plant and Jimmy Page
-Pink Floyd
-The Who
-Frank Zappa
-Janis Joplin
-Radio Head
-Miles Davis
-Candiria (Yea I posted them in Metal too... They cut Jazz into all of their CD's... Cool idea)
-Aesop Rock

And for industrial type deal...

-LTJ Bukem
-DRS
-Aesop Rock
-Big Bud
-CEX
-Kid 606
-St. Germain
-Drift Wood

I have a pretty wideband of music... Just have to listen to different types at different times.

... O and sorry, I havent been around much, been busy again. Working really late nights... But hell, money is money either way you slice it.

-Wes

DeleriousZ
01-29-2005, 12:16 AM
s'alright wes.. we haven't missed you much:D just kidding man... it gets lonely around here w/o a mod bouncing around other than that redneck character :p

k3smostwanted
01-29-2005, 12:22 AM
it has been getting alot slower and boring around here. i sometimes like the newbies coming in and answering dumb question, makes it lively and fun around here because you can make fun of them. :lol:

k3smostwanted
01-29-2005, 12:48 AM
hey guess what?!?!!

i finally got a friggin job...i have been waiting for them to get my background check back from the state for a week or so...i start out making $8.00 an hour, yeah i know not very good, but let me finish...

after 90 working days, they will evaluate me and if i am approved i will be bumped up to $12.50 an hour with full benefits with still more chances to be promoted. he said most guys after a year are making close to $20 an hour...not bad for a 18 year old going on 19. they also offer to pay for your schooling if it is relevant to their business and you agree to stay with them for atleast 3 years after completing your degree.

i guess, it was well worth the wait...

i think my Z32 is gonna be very pleased with me working again. :lol:

DeleriousZ
01-29-2005, 01:02 AM
sounds like a good gig man... where at?

k3smostwanted
01-29-2005, 01:10 AM
sounds like a good gig man... where at?

well thats the only catch...its at a near-by factory called Bunge. they make food oils. but the guy said that i wont be touching the oils, i will just be moving empty drums and disposing of recyclables. so whatever...got to do what i got to do!!!

DeleriousZ
01-29-2005, 02:59 AM
sounds alright.. especially for that pay!

DeleriousZ
01-29-2005, 03:00 AM
oh.. and h00ray for 100 pages! feel sorry for anyone reading from the beginning...

ZedEx
01-29-2005, 12:21 PM
$8.00 and hour? How is that bad?

I get $6.25 and hour, and I've been at the same place for 8 months, so I dont want to hear it :p

Sounds like a really good job though... Sounds like great money as well.

-Wes

DeleriousZ
01-29-2005, 01:40 PM
damn wes that would suck... i haven't had a job under 7 and most have been around 10 or 11.... altho.. haven't been able to work at one for more than a month without having to leave or getting laid off or whatever... at least it's been enough to keep my head above water for the last 3 months... hopefully now i'll actually start making money... once i get a job that is!

probehtr300
01-29-2005, 02:27 PM
lol this is a little late but i gatta supportmy bands

Muse....god i love them, sa them live a few weeks back
and pink floyd
the who
silverchair
living colour
and so on....

and a for pay, ive been workin lanscaping for 3 summers now nd im gettin 10.50.not too bad, but it tough work

k3smostwanted
01-29-2005, 04:31 PM
damn wes that would suck... i haven't had a job under 7 and most have been around 10 or 11.... altho.. haven't been able to work at one for more than a month without having to leave or getting laid off or whatever... at least it's been enough to keep my head above water for the last 3 months... hopefully now i'll actually start making money... once i get a job that is!

but isnt your guys minimum wage higher and everything is more expensive causing people to have higher wages???

DeleriousZ
01-29-2005, 04:34 PM
minimum wage before 500 hours of catalogued work is 6.50.. after that it's 8... but nobody ever follows that... it's usually around 7... and everything is expensive because of the 14% tax

k3smostwanted
01-29-2005, 04:40 PM
oh i see...

here in illinois, our minimum wage was $5.25 the last few years but it just get bumped $6.25...

DeleriousZ
01-30-2005, 12:32 AM
goddamn ebrake... really could use some serious adjustment (as in i can push the car when it's in neutral and on the 2nd last click) but the bolts are rusted solid onto the adjuster... so i think i'ma have to pick up some of that stuff that eats rust away when i go get the cleaner stuff for the throttle body.. maybe i should pick up a gasket while i'm there too.. the best part is, i don't own any jackstands or a jack for that matter, and my dad refuses to chip in for some (he'd use em too) so i'm using that dinky little scissor jack that comes with the car, hoping it doesn't give out while i'm reaching under the car... it's really... invigorating.. lol

k3smostwanted
01-30-2005, 12:39 AM
i had to use my scissor jack to jack my Z32 up until i could get my jack underneath the car to a proper spot. that was a pain in the ass...

but i ended up just buying a very nice professional low-profile floor jack a few months ago...it only needs a 4.5" clearance. they were on sell a while back in some magazine for $50...hm...now that i think about it, thats where i got every one of my big car mechanic objects and they are all very heavy duty and alot cheaper than retail prices. ill try to find it for you guys...

Zgringo
01-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I have a low also...real pain in the ass if you need to jack one

DeleriousZ
01-30-2005, 01:08 AM
well here's something that's a little discouraging...
http://z31.com/board/read.php3?id=595853&srf=faqyou

Add your comment to this topic!