Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Grand Am Off Topic Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Gir-_-
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
i've been keeping myself busy the past 2 days playing xbox 360... just bought forza motorsport the first one that was on original xbox... amazing fun... just waiting for the 2nd one to come out... they just released forza motorsport 2 demo on xbox live marketplace and so I grabbed that... much like the first but everything is 10x better?.... the graphics on forza 2 are like photorealistic :naughty: basically from far away you could mistake it for a real race on TV lol :lol:

xeroinfinity
05-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes gaming has came a long way over the years.

We have the regular Xbox and the PS2 which are holding me for now. I have some single friends who hav the 360 or the PS3. Both of which are super realistic! Look great on big screens!

Maybe when the new models are released in a couple yrs I'll pick up one of these :grinyes: :lol:

Hey Gir, I'm working on a build sheet for our weak 4t40-45e's !! :D Its going to be much much stronger and more reliable.:naughty:
WHen I have it all put together I'll post it. It'll have part #'s and everything listed that I replaced. Just ordered that LSD from engineered.net, $500+ shippin :disappoin

Vipey1337
05-10-2007, 07:27 PM
SWEET let me know how the build goes :)

I might buy myself a new compy... er at least parts. Selling my cpu+mobo+RAM to my ex-gf and buying myself a E6600 w/mobo and 2G G.SKILL RAM. And re-using my X1800XT gfx card until the DX10 cards become cheaper. Wewt ;)

Running an AMD X2 4600+ right now... but the core2duo's are sooo much better... even though I <3 AMD more :( Gotta move to Intel tho, they really raped AMD here...

Gir-_-
05-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey Gir, I'm working on a build sheet for our weak 4t40-45e's !! :D Its going to be much much stronger and more reliable.:naughty:
WHen I have it all put together I'll post it. It'll have part #'s and everything listed that I replaced. Just ordered that LSD from engineered.net, $500+ shippin :disappoin

build sheet as in, Build up sheet? or "how to take ur tranny completely apart" sheet lol.... both probly :rofl:

pretty awesome, LSD goodness :naughty:

btw, I dont know what it is about this GA but theres something
http://www.cardomain.com/id/sikmindz and its NOT the carbon fiber... just looks cool

Just kinda sat back.... "Wow..."

xeroinfinity
05-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Yes Vipey Intel is the shit!
All the home desktops use intel 64 b Duo chipset w/intel boards, which arent the best. I like Assus or Epox, they are easily to overclock, but I'm sure thier are alternatives cheaper.

Though my lap top (http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_mALX/aurora-m_specs.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AURORA-M-ALX&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT#pdp-nav)(which I did get back) is a bad MOFO !

:lol: I paid the same for my laptop as I did for my GA GT :banghead:

Yes and No Gir !
Build sheet, parts and upgrades.
No way I would even attempt to explain how these MF's come apart :grinno:

I had to buy a manual just for this from GM :rolleyes:
Tried finding a used one but I didnt want to look and wait.

Yes the limited slip differential (LSD) is tough! Hardend steel gears with three HD springs. I'll be getting some possi trac for sure now :D :grinyes: :D

:uhoh: here is the link...
http://www.engineered.net/eplsd.htm

grfnkl
05-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Jeez, what's with the highend computers? I feel so out of date with my Desktop and laptop being P4's... and limited memory ram etc... and my Mac pretty well equipped, but have no clue what's in it. :grinno: No complaints though on any of them since i got them DIRT cheap or free! I wouldn't mind playing xbox or a playstation on my 27 in flat screen TV.... that would be lots of fun! :grinyes: Knowing the future wifey she'll end up wanting to play and before i know it I'll be sitting on the side just watching.....

I can't wait to see how the tranny buld up goes. It's gonna be bad ass when it's done!

Gir: that G/a you found is nice. I normally don't care for that body kit but for some reason it looks good. I see what you mean by sitting back and saying Wow.

Vipey1337
05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Jeez, what's with the highend computers? I feel so out of date with my Desktop and laptop being P4's... and limited memory ram etc... and my Mac pretty well equipped, but have no clue what's in it. :grinno: No complaints though on any of them since i got them DIRT cheap or free! I wouldn't mind playing xbox or a playstation on my 27 in flat screen TV.... that would be lots of fun! :grinyes: Knowing the future wifey she'll end up wanting to play and before i know it I'll be sitting on the side just watching.....

I can't wait to see how the tranny buld up goes. It's gonna be bad ass when it's done!

Gir: that G/a you found is nice. I normally don't care for that body kit but for some reason it looks good. I see what you mean by sitting back and saying Wow.

I had to sit and watch one of my ex girlfriends play counter strike for 5 1/2 hours once... oh my god I wanted to shoot myself lol... I had no idea women could play games, much less COUNTER STRIKE, for that long. Everyone treated her really nice... either because she was a girl or because I was an admin on the server and I liked torturing poor infidels :rofl:

My other ex wants to buy my comp parts so I'd build a new comp with the same gfx card (X1800XT) but with the E6600 conroe and a badass motherboard as well. But I also want to build my car up. Hmmmmm...

BTW How does a Limited Slip Differential work?

xeroinfinity
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM
PC's are so cheap these days, rather you can buy cheap ones.
I prefer to build them and they seem to be less troublsome then the over-the-counter pc's.

Some of those are real pieces of crapp!

Gir-_-
05-11-2007, 07:31 PM
ah counter-strike... after I was sponsored and went to dallas for cpl winter and won money... I called it quits :)

LSD vipey will control how the tranny connects to the wheels

basically right now you can prob burn out on 2 wheels going straight.... turn ur wheel all the way to left or right and then peel out... all of the power is going to goto just one tire and not the other :thumbsup:

LSD will fix that so its 2 wheels all the time, mucha bettaarr

guess another example, when you turn Left on a street, the power is going to goto the right tire because it is getting more surface area basically.. nifty idea eh?, great for autocrossing probly and some strut bars lol

xeroinfinity
05-11-2007, 10:15 PM
LSD's are a little more complex then that Gir.

The problem with our two spring LSD is that it doesnt transfer the power to the wheels very well. Which under High torque and HP(boosting) the LSD can bust the pin that holds the gears in place making a big mess. It can break the case of the trans tooo :yikes: Another problem is the drive gear it's self being made of weak temper so they can get teeth chipped. And lastly the chain that transfers power from the torque converter to the drive train gear can break because it is to small and weak :disappoin
So this wont ne an easy or cheap build.

the differential has three jobs:
- To aim the engine power at the wheels
- To act as the final gear reduction in the vehicle, slowing the rotational speed of the transmission one final time before it hits the wheels
- To transmit the power to the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds (This is the one that earned the differential its name.)
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/differential-ch.jpg

Also car wheels spin at different speeds, especially when turning. Each wheel travels a different distance through a turn, and that the inside wheels travel a shorter distance than the outside wheels.
Since speed is equal to the distance traveled divided by the time it takes to go the distance, the wheels that travel a shorter distance travel at a lower speed. Also the front wheels travel a different distances than the rear wheels.

:uhoh: did that all make sense...... :confused:

Vipey1337
05-11-2007, 10:56 PM
LSD's are a little more complex then that Gir.

The problem with our two spring LSD is that it doesnt transfer the power to the wheels very well. Which under High torque and HP(boosting) the LSD can bust the pin that holds the gears in place making a big mess. It can break the case of the trans tooo :yikes: Another problem is the drive gear it's self being made of weak temper so they can get teeth chipped. And lastly the chain that transfers power from the torque converter to the drive train gear can break because it is to small and weak :disappoin
So this wont ne an easy or cheap build.

the differential has three jobs:
- To aim the engine power at the wheels
- To act as the final gear reduction in the vehicle, slowing the rotational speed of the transmission one final time before it hits the wheels
- To transmit the power to the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds (This is the one that earned the differential its name.)
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/differential-ch.jpg

Also car wheels spin at different speeds, especially when turning. Each wheel travels a different distance through a turn, and that the inside wheels travel a shorter distance than the outside wheels.
Since speed is equal to the distance traveled divided by the time it takes to go the distance, the wheels that travel a shorter distance travel at a lower speed. Also the front wheels travel a different distances than the rear wheels.

:uhoh: did that all make sense...... :confused:

Yep :) Both of you guys made sense. Wheee :)

Wow gir can't believe you got to CPL... I never cared enough to be that good lol... doubt I would have been anyway but I never liked the game THAT much :p

xeroinfinity
05-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Oh yea Gir, good job on that counter strike !
I'm not realy good at that game, though I lov Halo :D

Well at 2am this morning some one called and left a meesage on my voice mail.
Seems that town that had the fire had more drama, a Methhead shooting at the Cops (http://www.journalreview.com/articles/2007/05/12/news/01standoff.txt)and a stand off :screwy:

Kids :rolleyes:

Vipey1337
05-12-2007, 12:42 PM
he got owned :boink:

I just bought a new game... Supreme Commander... dear god is it awesome! I was dropping nukes on things and the graphics are unreal. Check this screenshot out... If I cant get this loaded right lol...

A quiet, peaceful wartown:
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2236/86665329js8.jpg

UNTIL THE NUKE ARRIVES!!!!!:
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/804/11ew5.jpg
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4844/14yq6.jpg

aaannnnd the aftermath:
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1690/29jd4.jpg

Dear god watching the nuke go off is awesome... the music changes too and your screen goes completely white... then it dims and you see this giant ball of fiery death expand outwards as a mushroom cloud rises... maaaannnn my jaw dropped when this hit...

SO awesome... everyone should buy it and we can have a Grand Am forums free-for-all!! haha :)

Oh and if these images are too big xero let me know and I'll make them smaller again ;)

xeroinfinity
05-12-2007, 07:37 PM
:thumbsup:

Thats badash !!
I wish I had more time to play games :(
I have a few but nothing real new.
Supreme Commander looks like it would be fun.

I like Everquest but online via a snialup isnt any fun :grinno:
The only PC games I play are Roller Coaster Tycoon II, Diablo II, and Half Life but it has a "freaky Mod" and its totally creaped out :ylsuper:
Oh I guess I have a Sims 2 thing(not my games), I just try and see how fast I can P. off the neighbors. Or see if I can get them electricuted by having the coffe pot or microwave to close to the sink :sly: eventually they will get Zapped :naughty:

Vipey1337
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
:thumbsup:

Thats badash !!
I wish I had more time to play games :(
I have a few but nothing real new.
Supreme Commander looks like it would be fun.

I like Everquest but online via a snialup isnt any fun :grinno:
The only PC games I play are Roller Coaster Tycoon II, Diablo II, and Half Life but it has a "freaky Mod" and its totally creaped out :ylsuper:
Oh I guess I have a Sims 2 thing(not my games), I just try and see how fast I can P. off the neighbors. Or see if I can get them electricuted by having the coffe pot or microwave to close to the sink :sly: eventually they will get Zapped :naughty:

Diablo 2 roxxors. I play that online sometimes and have the most godly stuff in the game within a couple weeks. It's amazing :)

Gir-_-
05-13-2007, 07:46 PM
hmm

been thinking of what other 'new' cars I could buy thats around $300/month in payments .... the mazdaspeed3 is going to be pricy either way but I'd be worth it IMO :D

Since ive been playing this forza motorsport, was going thru the D-class which is basically good selection lol for all around stuff that CAN be great...

Was thinking 2003 toyota celica GT-S, and at a local site I use often, highest 03 "GOOD" condition should be around $15,500 at the most.. which isnt half bad.... option of turbo or supercharger.... turbo would have to go on the 03, only SC I found online is from greddy, granted WOO for SC but then turbo is more gain in the long run with some tuning and fuel management....

I dont know about the engine internals tho, building it up and such.... such a long road now that I'm at a new job where the pay isnt near as great

just thinking what car can I put money into that ill be happy with in the long run lol,

ms3 would be VERY nice, already semi built up internals, stock turbo that can be upgraded, not much to do on it... hmmm I guess we'll see

job situation is in the air right about now, I hate my job very much.. Old people + samsung electronics DO NOT MIX.... I might go apply at my local kwik kar place, I'd actually show up to work everyday, do oil changes and w/e thru the summer and goto school this fall (hopefully)

speaking of which, Im in the air with that as well.... local ACC commune college or ITT of Austin for some hard crap computer technical w/e lol... OR, I can find a automotive college, theres some around here.... and see about that.

since my new hobbies include cars + computers.... in career choices I've gone from wanting to be a computer systems analyst to something car related like working in a shop tuning cars using computers....

Do something you love and you wont work another day in your life... =)

edit:--

thats long lol, my bad

Vipey1337
05-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I changed majors four times before settling in this one, and I get my degree in less than a year. I give you a 90% chance you'll change at least once :)

That said, I <3 pontiac GTO's... totally considering getting one of those once I get hired for a real job someday :)

xeroinfinity
05-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Sounds like a Good plan Gir !

I have spent way to much time and movey on school :banghead:
I Wished I had all that Ca$h :( I could buy 3-4 GTO's..... :disappoin

Computers are the way to go. Its not like we'll stop using them anytime soon. I just picked up the computer stuff along the way from trial and error :eek:

Should have bought a Mac ............ :grinno:

Vipey1337
05-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Should have bought a Mac ............ :grinno:

... blasphemy!!!! :grinno:

Macs are yucky :p

grfnkl
05-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Gir you will change your mind and major a couple of times. I went to school originally for Photography, then went into Graphic Design. Techincially i have a degree in Graphic Design and 2 unconfirmed minors one in Photography and one in Art History. The worst part is i don't really use any of it!!!! I'm still changing my mind on what i want to do!!!! :shakehead Computers are great, just becareful with which career path you go down cuz some are dead end roads!

On to cars... get a G6! LOL nah j/k. The way i look at it get what you like and you would like to drive ( within reason). Then look at the modification part, definetly keep in mind the gas mileage though. If you want it bad enough you'll get it. I got both my G/a and G6 and i wanted both of them ( and got them for under 250 a month). Now I haven't been able ot achieve any of teh "exotics" i want... but maybe in the future!!

Mac's are good... just somethings that PC's do better then MAC's and somethings that MAC's do better then PC's! I have both, and no complaints here... other then my friggen Pc's constantly crashin or running slow! :newburn:

Gir-_-
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
btw, its an amazing feeling when you put the first mod on your car =).... I wanna do it again w/ the new car

when I first started I had that pos holley straight pipe glasspak right after the CAT, my K&N drop in filter with the honeycomb screen removed and JUST brand new plugs/wires :grinno:

I was unstoppable... till it snowballed, cold air, dhp pcm, full cat-back exhaust, throttle body, 180 stat, coolant by-pass on both heater core and TB, gauges, strut bars, dyno run.... Only thing else I would do is maybe tranny upgrade if any and headers w/ new high-flo cat...

I wonder who's going to buy my car when it comes time lol because most of my stuff is un-reversible....

which btw, if I am able to get rid some of my grand am, ill post it for sell, I still have my original TB that I can put back on (grrr) but I can re-sell it.. its cleaaan :D

grfnkl
05-14-2007, 02:31 PM
btw, its an amazing feeling when you put the first mod on your car =).... I wanna do it again w/ the new car

when I first started I had that pos holley straight pipe glasspak right after the CAT, my K&N drop in filter with the honeycomb screen removed and JUST brand new plugs/wires :grinno:

I was unstoppable... till it snowballed, cold air, dhp pcm, full cat-back exhaust, throttle body, 180 stat, coolant by-pass on both heater core and TB, gauges, strut bars, dyno run.... Only thing else I would do is maybe tranny upgrade if any and headers w/ new high-flo cat...

I wonder who's going to buy my car when it comes time lol because most of my stuff is un-reversible....

which btw, if I am able to get rid some of my grand am, ill post it for sell, I still have my original TB that I can put back on (grrr) but I can re-sell it.. its cleaaan :D

I agree!!!! I haven't done many performance mods, but all the visual stuff I've done I'm always proud of. I put some chrome trim around my fogs on my G6, It looks hot.... can't wait to see how it looks at night :naughty:. I woudn't worry about taking everything off. People want them slightly moded. I turned my G/A with most things on except the strut tower braces which i sold on ebay. I wasn't about to taking the wing off or the interior stuff,... etc. I'm sure whomever has it now probably like the stuff i have on it... or some old lady is driving a slightly moded G/a right now. :lol:

I am Looking forward to doing more stuff to the G6... hopefully window tints soon!

BTW On a side note. I had the G6 up to 120 this weekend ( with more to spare). My girl and my brother didn't even realize how fast i was going... a nice SMOOTH RIDE! muhahahahah :evillol:

Vipey1337
05-14-2007, 04:40 PM
So I go out to get my SERV number to order a DHP PCM... to find that not only does my 4awg wire from my battery back to my amp (for my sub and speakers) run RIGHT ACROSS it with NO SLACK, but ALSO the brain to my alarm system is attached to the side of it, precisely right over where the SERV number would be...

...so this has turned into an incredibly complicated process that involves disassembling my alarm system and audio system just to replace the PCM. And I can't even GET to the SERV number! I'm about to just give up on that idea for now and let someone else take care of it later...

xeroinfinity
05-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I like mods :D and moding :grinyes:

Yea Vipey sometimes the PCM can be hard to get out even without other things in the way.
My SE it just falls out when you open the door. But the GT wouldnt come out with me pulling on it. So its staying :)

Been getting this 4T45E taken apart....
.....seems thier are other things wrong :banghead:
Looks like I might have to spend about $4000 in rebuilding this POS :disappoin

Vipey1337
05-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I like mods :D and moding :grinyes:

Yea Vipey sometimes the PCM can be hard to get out even without other things in the way.
My SE it just falls out when you open the door. But the GT wouldnt come out with me pulling on it. So its staying :)

Been getting this 4T45E taken apart....
.....seems thier are other things wrong :banghead:
Looks like I might have to spend about $4000 in rebuilding this POS :disappoin

ouchhhh....

Vipey1337
05-14-2007, 09:05 PM
LMAO... There's a party in Sweden's pants... and you're invited!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E13L9ljaGjA

Gir-_-
05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
$4000 wow, just get a new one lol!

btw vipey, RIPPIN IT TO SHREDS MF! :lol: funny vid

xeroinfinity
05-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Yea right Gir :thumbsup:
A new one would be cheaper, but it would also be stock and would break just like all the other stockers.
I'm building this one up big time.
Well I'm trying any way :lol:

I'll check out this vid....
btw you guys see a vid where this dog attacks a shark ?
I'll see if I can find the link.....

Edit>>
:rofl: more then high taxes, suicide, and cancer in Sweden!
Its like a swedish borat. SHould we call him Mualrat ?

too much !! I'm still laughing and I watched it 5 mins ago :lol:

xeroinfinity
05-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Here is that video of the dog attacking the tiger shark (http://community.fishdeo.com/kickapps/service/displayMediaPlayPage.kickAction?mediaId=40086&mediaType=VIDEO&as=2169&b=):eek:

Thinks he's super dog or something :rolleyes:

Vipey1337
05-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Here is that video of the dog attacking the tiger shark (http://community.fishdeo.com/kickapps/service/displayMediaPlayPage.kickAction?mediaId=40086&mediaType=VIDEO&as=2169&b=):eek:

Thinks he's super dog or something :rolleyes:

lmao! The dog won!

grfnkl
05-16-2007, 08:22 AM
JEEZ! That dog just bit the shark like it was nothing and just dragged it in. DAMN!

$4000.00 tranny build up? It better be one powerfull tranny when done!!!!

I don't know if any of you watched the Bullrun series on Spike TV. Well last night they finally got to the finish line...and the best team IMO won! Team Pontiac Trans Am. Go Pontiacs! Out did all the exotics as well as imports and domestics! +1 For us! Wohoo!

xeroinfinity
05-16-2007, 08:40 AM
JEEZ! That dog just bit the shark like it was nothing and just dragged it in. DAMN!

$4000.00 tranny build up? It better be one powerfull tranny when done!!!!

I don't know if any of you watched the Bullrun series on Spike TV. Well last night they finally got to the finish line...and the best team IMO won! Team Pontiac Trans Am. Go Pontiacs! Out did all the exotics as well as imports and domestics! +1 For us! Wohoo!

I told you the dog attacked the shark!
You dont see that everyday :grinno:

Well , $4k was a high estimate. After going over things lastnight , not including the EP LSD, it's at about $2000 so far. But thats everything inside replaced with better then OEM parts.
I also ordered a better torque converter with reinforced fins inside.
Also I heard through the grape vine that thier is going to be a performance shift kit coming out in 2-3 months. So I might wait on that.
I have all the updated VB specs, but its just a stock conversion that GM has to improve shifts and VB performance, just an up date realy no performance gains.

Gir-_-
05-16-2007, 01:33 PM
sounds good with the tranny XI

I also watched that last show of bullrun, TRANS AM FOR THE WIN!!!.... that was a good show, hope they do another set with faster cars or something

Vipey1337
05-16-2007, 04:40 PM
They need to make a "awesome Grand AMs stomping Civics" series. It would be my favorite show ever.

xeroinfinity
05-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I missed the last Bull Run show, I'm sure they will repeat it again though.

Its all about how much balls you have to speed acrossed the country. I get the SE fitted with the new trans and I might have to see about this :naughty:
Only if I had the time ..... :lol:

I didnt think the TA would have won though.
Thats racing, you never know who'll win :grinno:

grfnkl
05-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I missed the last Bull Run show, I'm sure they will repeat it again though.

Its all about how much balls you have to speed acrossed the country. I get the SE fitted with the new trans and I might have to see about this :naughty:
Only if I had the time ..... :lol:

I didnt think the TA would have won though.
Thats racing, you never know who'll win :grinno:

I agree, it's all about having balls. Considering the Lambo that was in got knocked out early enough just showes it's not all about the horses... it's about how you use them. I would do the series with the G6 if i could... For $250,000! Hellz Yeah! Take off about 2-3 weeks from work.. i could so do that!

I hope they do another season as well!

Vipey1337
05-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree, it's all about having balls. Considering the Lambo that was in got knocked out early enough just showes it's not all about the horses... it's about how you use them. I would do the series with the G6 if i could... For $250,000! Hellz Yeah! Take off about 2-3 weeks from work.. i could so do that!

I hope they do another season as well!

I'd try the race with a Spitfire just so people could get a good laugh :rofl:

xeroinfinity
05-17-2007, 06:24 PM
:lol: $250,000 will pay a lot of speeding tickets :D

Spitfire , you mean one of these ........
http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/ww2-pacific/spitfire-oz.jpg :lol:

Vipey1337
05-17-2007, 08:08 PM
:lol: $250,000 will pay a lot of speeding tickets :D

Spitfire , you mean one of these ........
http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/ww2-pacific/spitfire-oz.jpg :lol:

Sure ;) Steering will be a problem but I'll just chop people up lol

xeroinfinity
05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Oh you can steer that thing just fine :D

It the stopping that gets ya ....

You must have meant this then.
http://classic-car.y2u.co.uk/Photo_caq/Cl_Triumph_Spitfire_01.jpg

Vipey1337
05-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Oh you can steer that thing just fine :D

It the stopping that gets ya ....

You must have meant this then.
http://classic-car.y2u.co.uk/Photo_caq/Cl_Triumph_Spitfire_01.jpg

Yep!! :D My dad had one "back in the day" and fixed it up all nice and had a loud sound system and stuff (not even close to what I have today tho, thx to technology!), and he wants to buy another one to fix up again. I told him to drop a turbo in one and watch that lovely 75 hp engine ROAR!!!... from 0-60 in like 9 sec lol

grfnkl
05-18-2007, 08:07 AM
I'd try the race with a Spitfire just so people could get a good laugh :rofl:

LMAO. It's just as bad as the Scion and the Honda Civic that was in the rally on the show. The scion didn't even make it past the first race before getting eliminated... and the civic made it a little further, but kept getting pulled over. :lol: I kept laughing at both cars,since they wre up against some top end cars.

Now i think a stock VW beetle would probably get more laughs! At least the spitfire looks a little better overall.

Vipey1337
05-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Xero... you could have just gotten something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Grand-Prix-GTP-4t65e-HD-transmission-Supercharged_W0QQitemZ230128849591QQihZ013QQcatego ryZ33727QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

for your SE :)

used GTP trannies are cheaper than I thought... Install is the only b!tch though...

Gir-_-
05-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Xero... you could have just gotten something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Grand-Prix-GTP-4t65e-HD-transmission-Supercharged_W0QQitemZ230128849591QQihZ013QQcatego ryZ33727QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

for your SE :)

used GTP trannies are cheaper than I thought... Install is the only b!tch though...

I wish that'd work... make everything easier...

xeroinfinity
05-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Yea I was surprised the Lotus was out so early they were doing over 150mph in this one episode.
But they stopped for "trinkets" :gay: :rofl:
Did any of you guys see that show DRIVE ?
They killed it after 2 episodes...
I guess they are going to play it on another station later this year. :rolleyes:

Vipey, I already hav one of those I bought several weeks ago ..........:uhoh:
The engine blocks are different between the 3.4 and 3.8.
So I'm not sure it would bolt "right up" as one is a 90deg V6 and the other is a 60 deg V6.

Plus all the BS that has to be changed. Shorter axles, different Hub's, relocate trans mounts :banghead: any questions :lol:

So if and when MMS ever get's his butt in gear , his kit will make it easier. But it'll be pricey!! probly around $2500 is what he told me we''ll just have to wait and see.

I'd almost try and find a Cavi with a 3.1/ 5spd ..
REAL Hard to find though :crying:
..... would make the SE more interesting :naughty:

Vipey1337
05-18-2007, 05:17 PM
:( I want a GTP tranny :(

Vipey1337
05-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Wow gotta love when shipments get delayed FOUR DAYS over a "barcode" being unreadable... especially over an important shipment too...

Instead of getting it tomorrow, I get it Wednesday... DOUBLE the shipping time? WTF is that crap?!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

xeroinfinity
05-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I cant believe how much people rely on some BS barcode :disappoin
Happens more then you think Vipey, every damn DAY!
Even too me :angryfire

What R you ordering? More MODS ?? :naughty:

I'm still waitin for my EP LSD....
(they did say it had to be made, none in stock :rolleyes:)

Though it'll probly be another 2-3 weeks before I get this POS 4t45e - HD ?!? back together.
Not something I want to rush and screw up either :eek:

I've just been unusually busy of late.
.... cant complain, it's like I got a raise or something :rofl:

FTA9597
05-19-2007, 07:50 PM
haha something fun with the grand am to do, those who haven't already:

Unbolt your flex pipe on your exast, right after the y pipe.
get a straight, think steel bar and bolt it up on the bracket directly above.

Drive.

We did this to my friends Grand Am before he totalled it, with the 3400 kinda sounds like a ricer with broken glass in the packs. I like it, unique sound, but very VERY illegal.

xeroinfinity
05-20-2007, 12:13 AM
:rofl: Little rough on the ol' vavle train too :lol:

Gir-_-
05-20-2007, 05:26 PM
I saw a vauxhall monaro vxr-500 driving right by my house =/ ... made my day

xeroinfinity
05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
A what ? vauxhall monaro vxr-500 .....

Kinda looks like the new GTO's .....
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/VauxhallMonaroVXR500.jpg
More so in this pic...
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_419/car_photo_209585_7.jpg

http://blog.vehiclevoice.com/Pon_06_GTO.jpg

looks like the same headlights and lower front bumper.... :screwy:

Arent they both made in Australia ??

grfnkl
05-20-2007, 10:07 PM
A what ? vauxhall monaro vxr-500 .....

Kinda looks like the new GTO's .....
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/VauxhallMonaroVXR500.jpg
More so in this pic...
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_419/car_photo_209585_7.jpg

http://blog.vehiclevoice.com/Pon_06_GTO.jpg

looks like the same headlights and lower front bumper.... :screwy:

Arent they both made in Australia ??

I like the Vauxhall.... pretty sweet looking. I know its the same as the GTO.... but i think i like the front bumper better... looks more aggressive. Aren't they the right side driver car or the opposite of us?

xeroinfinity
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes thier RHD. I too think the red one above looks like a Pontiac grilll :D

Probly the same crew designed them both.

grfnkl
05-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Yes thier RHD. I too think the red one above looks like a Pontiac grilll :D

Probly the same crew designed them both.

I just realized what it reminds me of after reading your statement. The front bumper on the red one has a Grand Amesk look to the front bumper especially the grill inlet area. Just like the G/a Gt's! And its repeated on the bottom part of the bumper as well! It's like a G/a and a GTO breed or something! :naughty:... maybe a little one night stand.. hahahhaah

xeroinfinity
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
I just realized what it reminds me of after reading your statement. The front bumper on the red one has a Grand Amesk look to the front bumper especially the grill inlet area. Just like the G/a Gt's! And its repeated on the bottom part of the bumper as well! It's like a G/a and a GTO breed or something! :naughty:... maybe a little one night stand.. hahahhaah

Hey why mess with Greatness :nono: :lol:

I just caught this video, Gir posted it , thanx Gir :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGF5SRSqUFQ

I hadn't even heard of the VRX untill recently, I guess after they stopped production everyone's buzzing about them on the Net.

I am seriously thinking about an 06' GTO, be a fun little car to build up & drive ! ! :evillol:

Vipey1337
05-21-2007, 04:48 PM

I hadn't even heard of the VRX untill recently, I guess after they stopped production everyone's buzzing about them on the Net.

I am seriously thinking about an 06' GTO, be a fun little car to build up & drive ! ! :evillol:

I'll buy ur SE :rofl::smokin:

Vipey1337
05-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh btw... check out my friend's 540 chevelle: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1KhjJA6OQ

This is NOT something you mess around with... about 600 whp NATURALLY ASPIRATED. It makes any grand am imaginable look like a hot wheels car.

The engine is insanely built up... obviously not even close to stock.

http://project71.net/skeeveman/2007-05-20/IMG_0369.JPG

Eye candy for you all :D

xeroinfinity
05-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Well Vipey if I got a GTO I'd probly consider trading both in with a little cash..... ..... well probly not both :grinno:

Nice Big block , that's a 71' ?
I like the clean engine compartment too.

Pretty easy to build something like that, about any parts store would carry most mods you would need.

Not very loud for a V8 ...... .... but you can tell it has a bigash cam :naughty:

Gir-_-
05-22-2007, 11:44 AM

pretty sure the vxr 500 uses the LS2 engine, vauxhall has their own supercharger.... wouldnt it be able to mount on our latest GTOs? :naughty:

id rather have the SC Vauxhall than our pontiac GTO lol, I like the look.... wonder if you could do body kits to get it like the monaro :D

oh btw, I have a hole in my pocket from all this money sitting around from saving for stageII heads... I think I just might grab the headers, P&P upper and lower intakes milled and TB matching 62mm, and a stageI N/A cam (depending if the supercharged Cam has more lift that'll work with stock heads) ... Thoughts on this?

Also, im about to rip out my back seats and everything in my trunk cept for rear strut bar and speakers lol... btw I did my rear strut bar... feels very tight in the back lol

Add your comment to this topic!