Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SERIOUSLY OT: Calling all chicks! IT'S PART 6!!

CivicSpoon
04-05-2016, 12:36 PM
So... almost 2 months later, and I never got the damn things.

Guess what I got in the mail today, in a nondescript manila envelope with no return address? Anthrax. Probably anthrax. But in the other nondescript manila envelope with no return address, I finally got the tool. Fuckers only sent me 1.

Killa_CRX
04-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Lol, luckily I'll be in Dallas most of the time. I'm like 100 feet from Richardson though. Moving Friday... fucking moving. I also get to tow a trailer with the Jeep... its been 10+ years since I've pulled a trailer, and never in a city. Combined with the bouncy soft suspension and short narrow wheel base it should be a fucking riot.

Settling in fine? I haven't noticed any hillbilly jeeps running around my neighborhood... well, not any more than normal.

I know I'm a little late, but congrats on your son!

Thanks! He's pretty awesome!

TheSilentChamber
04-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Settling in fine? I haven't noticed any hillbilly jeeps running around my neighborhood... well, not any more than normal.

Thanks! He's pretty awesome!

Yeah, starting to settle in I guess. Havn't really explored much, been busy working. Met a girl, went out with her twice so far. We went to the Dallas Aquarium yesterday.

Killa_CRX
04-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Yeah, starting to settle in I guess. Havn't really explored much, been busy working. Met a girl, went out with her twice so far. We went to the Dallas Aquarium yesterday.

Moving along then. What's she drive?

Honda dealership had a neon green Si out front yesterday. I was tempted to stop and take a look.

TheSilentChamber
04-20-2016, 10:10 PM
Moving along then. What's she drive?

Honda dealership had a neon green Si out front yesterday. I was tempted to stop and take a look.

She drives a nissan something or another.

How do you feel about the CR-Z?

Killa_CRX
04-20-2016, 10:31 PM
She drives a nissan something or another.

How do you feel about the CR-Z?

I've never driven one. I know they don't get as good of gas milage as a Toyota hybrid, but I have seen a couple of cool looking ones running around town. I know a guy that has one, but it's just his commuter car. He seems to like it OK.

TheSilentChamber
04-21-2016, 12:00 AM
I've never driven one. I know they don't get as good of gas milage as a Toyota hybrid, but I have seen a couple of cool looking ones running around town. I know a guy that has one, but it's just his commuter car. He seems to like it OK.

I havn't driven one either, and I'm not big into "hybrid hype" since most of them don't really get spectacular mpg or anything. The cr-z looks kinda nice though... looking to pick up something used for a commuter, $10k or less.... havn't looked but I imagine I can get one in that range.

TheSilentChamber
04-21-2016, 12:03 AM
I havn't driven one either, and I'm not big into "hybrid hype" since most of them don't really get spectacular mpg or anything. The cr-z looks kinda nice though... looking to pick up something used for a commuter, $10k or less.... havn't looked but I imagine I can get one in that range.

ouch no, wrong entirely... only used one I can find is 16k... f that noise.

amy@af
04-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I did a product review...yay! I sincerely fell in love with this inverter. I guess if I cant work on my cars, I'll test/review parts :runaround:

https://youtu.be/2vPZg0EqQ14

As a member of the automotive industry media I spend most of my time in the car traveling to events. There is heavy dependence on use of a power inverter. The SNAN power inverter caught my attention having twice the power and $6 less than my current power inverter. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. It measures 5.9 x 1.8 x 3.1 inches, only weighing 1.3 pounds making it easy to store in the glove box. The intelligent cooling fan is extremely quiet running for approximately 2-3 seconds at a time. This model has 2 outlets with an additional 2 usb plugs for convenience of modern day tech toys. There also includes 2 alligator leads for use directly off the car battery. I strongly recommend this power inverter. The quality for such a reasonable price makes this product a great buy even if you don't need it for every day use but rather for emergency "just in case" situations.

Link to product: http://www.amazon.com/SNAN-Power-Inverter-Outlet-Charging/dp/B019IFYMQU/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1457764125&sr=8-18&keywords=power+inverter

Killa_CRX
04-26-2016, 06:18 AM
I think I'm going to buy a small MIG welder this weekend.

TheSilentChamber
04-26-2016, 01:41 PM

I'd recommend going true mig and not a flux core machine.

TheSilentChamber
04-26-2016, 01:42 PM

How do you feel about rx-8's? As car as a mechanics point of view? (if you've ever messed with them)

Killa_CRX
04-27-2016, 06:25 AM
How do you feel about rx-8's? As car as a mechanics point of view? (if you've ever messed with them)

As long as you understand the engine is very quirky, they're not a terrible car. I think the problem with them is having to buy them used and not being able to be sure how the engine has been cared for.
Although not nearly as volatile as the older RX-7 rotaries, it's still really common for them to be run out of oil, because the rotary burns it... lots of it. Mazda recommended adding a quart of oil every 1k miles, from the factory floor. Dealership sales people rarely passed that along.
Otherwise, the few people I've known that have owned them have had few complaints.

I've got a Flux Core welder already. It's on Craigslist now. Getting a real MIG.

TheSilentChamber
04-27-2016, 11:11 AM
As long as you understand the engine is very quirky, they're not a terrible car. I think the problem with them is having to buy them used and not being able to be sure how the engine has been cared for.
Although not nearly as volatile as the older RX-7 rotaries, it's still really common for them to be run out of oil, because the rotary burns it... lots of it. Mazda recommended adding a quart of oil every 1k miles, from the factory floor. Dealership sales people rarely passed that along.
Otherwise, the few people I've known that have owned them have had few complaints.

I've got a Flux Core welder already. It's on Craigslist now. Getting a real MIG.

Yeah I already knew about the oil issues surrounding rotary engines. I've always wanted one, and could actually afford to buy a good quality used one now, so I might starting seriously looking into it in a few months. Kinda torn between that and an s2000, but I think I'd have more fun with the rx8, and cheaper insurance also.

Planning on keeping the jeep GC also, but its got almost 210k on it, and this stop/go commute to work every day on 75 is probably not that good for it.

We'll see though... kinda change my mind all the time, but I got to get serious about finding something as a daily. I'm not too worried about fuel economy, as I know rx8's don't get that great of mpg either, after the single digits I'm getting currently anything teens or better would be nice lol.

Killa_CRX
04-27-2016, 12:13 PM
S2000 is over rated imo.

There are also a bunch of EP3 Civics around the metroplex for sale on Craigslist. And I've got an almost rebuilt k20a3 I'm going to be selling ;)

TheSilentChamber
04-27-2016, 12:21 PM
S2000 is over rated imo.

There are also a bunch of EP3 Civics around the metroplex for sale on Craigslist. And I've got an almost rebuilt k20a3 I'm going to be selling ;)

Yeah, I go back and forth on s2000 so I know what you mean. I'm not a big civic person, and if I got another it would be another 4th gen probably. I've still been looking at preludes though, still wouldn't mind having one of those. Also thought about spending more and getting a used frs/brz but I don't really want to spend that much. Kinda want something 2 door "sporty", preferably rwd but thats not a deal breaker. Something that handles well, not looking for crazy power... looking for leave it stock.

Killa_CRX
04-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I go back and forth on s2000 so I know what you mean. I'm not a big civic person, and if I got another it would be another 4th gen probably. I've still been looking at preludes though, still wouldn't mind having one of those. Also thought about spending more and getting a used frs/brz but I don't really want to spend that much. Kinda want something 2 door "sporty", preferably rwd but thats not a deal breaker. Something that handles well, not looking for crazy power... looking for leave it stock.

Well, if you're not looking for crazy power, the BRZ/FRZ is fine... they're not fast at all :P

I know a Prelude guy on Facebook that networks with a bunch of other Prelude people... I've never personally liked Preludes though.

The CRX just became too much work... it's getting harder and harder to find parts for 4th gens, aside from most of them being trashed or torn up.

And I've worked for Lexus/Toyota for the last 12 years, so I'm kind of moving that direction myself. That's why I jumped on the Starlet... kinda looking for a decent condition old Toyota pickup... casually looking. Hard to find an original truck that hasn't been wrecked or F'd up in some way.

TheSilentChamber
04-28-2016, 12:59 AM
Well, if you're not looking for crazy power, the BRZ/FRZ is fine... they're not fast at all :P

I know a Prelude guy on Facebook that networks with a bunch of other Prelude people... I've never personally liked Preludes though.

The CRX just became too much work... it's getting harder and harder to find parts for 4th gens, aside from most of them being trashed or torn up.

And I've worked for Lexus/Toyota for the last 12 years, so I'm kind of moving that direction myself. That's why I jumped on the Starlet... kinda looking for a decent condition old Toyota pickup... casually looking. Hard to find an original truck that hasn't been wrecked or F'd up in some way.

Lol yeah I know they're not fast. I hear they're fun though. Although my current vehicle is extremely tail happy in 2wd on wet roads. Back end came around on me twice the other day just pulling out from intersections. Roads here are slippery as fuck after it rains. Finally going to replace the AC compressor on the Jeep, probably Monday. Any place you'd recommend to get it recharged?

Killa_CRX
04-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Lol yeah I know they're not fast. I hear they're fun though. Although my current vehicle is extremely tail happy in 2wd on wet roads. Back end came around on me twice the other day just pulling out from intersections. Roads here are slippery as fuck after it rains. Finally going to replace the AC compressor on the Jeep, probably Monday. Any place you'd recommend to get it recharged?

Yes, the roads are very slick after rain.

R134 or R12? If I had a way to pull a vacuum on it, I could charge it at the house, but I have yet to buy a vacuum pump for home use. Otherwise any service shop or dealership should be able to charge it.. the connections are all universal. Don't over pay. Our shop usually charges 1hr labor + freon. Of course, our labor rate is $160 per hour, and we charge about $55 per pound of freon.

TheSilentChamber
04-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Yes, the roads are very slick after rain.

R134 or R12? If I had a way to pull a vacuum on it, I could charge it at the house, but I have yet to buy a vacuum pump for home use. Otherwise any service shop or dealership should be able to charge it.. the connections are all universal. Don't over pay. Our shop usually charges 1hr labor + freon. Of course, our labor rate is $160 per hour, and we charge about $55 per pound of freon.

134. I live in "little mexico" I bet I can find a shop to do a half has job for half ass price.

Killa_CRX
04-29-2016, 05:40 AM
134. I live in "little mexico" I bet I can find a shop to do a half has job for half ass price.

Where are you calling little Mexico? Like major cross street wise

TheSilentChamber
04-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Where are you calling little Mexico? Like major cross street wise

I heard someone refer to it as that, I'm not entirely sure if they were joking or not lol. But its the Coit / 635 crossing.

Killa_CRX
04-29-2016, 12:45 PM
I heard someone refer to it as that, I'm not entirely sure if they were joking or not lol. But its the Coit / 635 crossing.

Well, I'm not sure I'd call that little Mexico, but there are a lot of them from there along up to beltline. I used to go up Coit to go home, but there's less traffic on Hillcrest these days... at least less than Coit. There's a Sears service center right near there off of Preston and 635.

TheSilentChamber
04-29-2016, 01:28 PM
Well, I'm not sure I'd call that little Mexico, but there are a lot of them from there along up to beltline. I used to go up Coit to go home, but there's less traffic on Hillcrest these days... at least less than Coit. There's a Sears service center right near there off of Preston and 635.

I work on Hillcrest down close to SMU. I think that's a pretty straight shot to where I live (coit/635), but I always take 75, haven't ventured out to discover other routes yet. Might do that today actually.

Killa_CRX
05-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Could hear a pin drop in here.

Think I'm going to put a K20 in my Starlet instead of a Toyota motor.

TheSilentChamber
05-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Could hear a pin drop in here.

Think I'm going to put a K20 in my Starlet instead of a Toyota motor.

Inbreeding... I approve.

Killa_CRX
05-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Inbreeding... I approve.

Hillbillies unite!

Parts are just more widely available than for a RWD 3S-GE. Innovative makes a mount kit that'll work Ballade makes a transmission adapter plate for bolting a k motor to an S2000 transmission and Clutchmasters makes a flywheel for using a standard S2000 clutch with that setup.

I've already got almost everything else to get the k20 running. My biggest hurdles now are fuel plumbing and pedals

TheSilentChamber
05-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Hillbillies unite!

Parts are just more widely available than for a RWD 3S-GE. Innovative makes a mount kit that'll work Ballade makes a transmission adapter plate for bolting a k motor to an S2000 transmission and Clutchmasters makes a flywheel for using a standard S2000 clutch with that setup.

I've already got almost everything else to get the k20 running. My biggest hurdles now are fuel plumbing and pedals

Nice man! Keep us updated!

Killa_CRX
05-14-2016, 10:09 PM
Nice man! Keep us updated!

Hey, if you're still looking for some cheap transport, a buddy I work with us selling his civic sometime very soon. It's a 2003 civic EX coupe. We just put a new motor, radiator, catalytic converter, and O2 sensors in it. It's automatic, but it's in good shape.

TheSilentChamber
05-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Hey, if you're still looking for some cheap transport, a buddy I work with us selling his civic sometime very soon. It's a 2003 civic EX coupe. We just put a new motor, radiator, catalytic converter, and O2 sensors in it. It's automatic, but it's in good shape.

I'm going to hold out and purchase something this fall/winter. Wanting to go with an rx-8.

And I worked on the jeep today... I didnt put a new compressor on it because I decided I didnt want to dump that much into it, but I got a compressor bypass pulley (basically a metal plate with a pulley on it that replaces the compressor). And drum roll- STILL have belt squeal. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take it to a shop... at this point I'm just throwing money at it because I don't have enough knowledge to actually figure out the problem.

Killa_CRX
05-18-2016, 10:20 AM
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take it to a shop... at this point I'm just throwing money at it because I don't have enough knowledge to actually figure out the problem.

You know I'm a professional technician, right?

TheSilentChamber
05-18-2016, 10:26 AM
You know I'm a professional technician, right?

I have a better quality belt on the way (I had thrown the old one back on there (autozone durashit belt) so I ordered one of the gatorback "quiet" belts, if that doesn't help I'll give you a call.

Killa_CRX
05-19-2016, 07:47 PM
Well, I shot that using a K20 idea in the face... I started pricing all the items I'd need, and I was rapidly approaching what a complete F20 swap would cost... so since the car is going to need a good bit of attention aside from the engine, I'm dialing it back a little.
Looking like I'm going to use a plain ol' 4AGE, similar to what came original in AE86 Corollas.

TheSilentChamber
05-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Well, I shot that using a K20 idea in the face... I started pricing all the items I'd need, and I was rapidly approaching what a complete F20 swap would cost... so since the car is going to need a good bit of attention aside from the engine, I'm dialing it back a little.
Looking like I'm going to use a plain ol' 4AGE, similar to what came original in AE86 Corollas.

4AGE is a fun engine. Go for it.

Also update #83 of Why I Design Jewelry Not Work On Cars... new belt fixed the squeal. Never buying cheap belts ever again.

*shoots self in head*

TheSilentChamber
05-23-2016, 01:58 AM
4AGE is a fun engine. Go for it.

Also update #83 of Why I Design Jewelry Not Work On Cars... new belt fixed the squeal. Never buying cheap belts ever again.

*shoots self in head*

Spoke too soon.....

After a day the noise is back.... more of a constant chirp this time... and after the engine warms up on a 20 minute drive or so it goes away entirely.

Killa_CRX
05-24-2016, 08:15 PM
Spoke too soon.....

After a day the noise is back.... more of a constant chirp this time... and after the engine warms up on a 20 minute drive or so it goes away entirely.

Normally I would say that's the sign of a dirty or glazed belt, but since you just put a new belt on there, I'd be looking more toward putting the blame on one of the pulleys... perhaps dirty, or just worn out.

Hard to really say without hearing or seeing for myself.... at the moment, I can't even remember what kind of belt Jeep uses.. and I just worked on a Cherokee two months ago. But I am very sleepy from a hard days work and baby getting me up 4 times a night.

TheSilentChamber
05-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Normally I would say that's the sign of a dirty or glazed belt, but since you just put a new belt on there, I'd be looking more toward putting the blame on one of the pulleys... perhaps dirty, or just worn out.

Hard to really say without hearing or seeing for myself.... at the moment, I can't even remember what kind of belt Jeep uses.. and I just worked on a Cherokee two months ago. But I am very sleepy from a hard days work and baby getting me up 4 times a night.

Day after I put it on I took a wire brush and some 80g sandpaper to the pulleys, they had a lot of rubber build up in the groves (standard 7 rib serpentine belt btw). If it stays the same I'm not going to fuck with it anymore. If it slowly reverts back to full time squeal I'm going to light it on fire and collect the $8 insurance check.

TheSilentChamber
06-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Day after I put it on I took a wire brush and some 80g sandpaper to the pulleys, they had a lot of rubber build up in the groves (standard 7 rib serpentine belt btw). If it stays the same I'm not going to fuck with it anymore. If it slowly reverts back to full time squeal I'm going to light it on fire and collect the $8 insurance check.

I guess a few weeks have went by, its no better or worse. It might actually be a little on the better side. I'm tempted to give it a tiny squirt of wd40 to see if it fixes it entirely lol. But its still just a small squeak/chirp when cold, after warms up entirely its quiet.

Killa_CRX
06-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Well, that's not too terrible.
Nothing worth setting it on fire for.

TheSilentChamber
06-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Well, that's not too terrible.
Nothing worth setting it on fire for.

About to hit 210k. Still runs smooth, but I can tell it doesn't have the power it used to. Probably needs a good tune up. I know the plugs/cap/rotor have 80k on them. I need to change all the diff fluids and stuff too. Meh, old vehicle maintenance is almost as much as a car payment.

Killa_CRX
06-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Meh, old vehicle maintenance is almost as much as a car payment.

Don't I know it! I've been thinking long and hard about trading my civic for something new and stock and comfortable to commute in... with ABS! I feel like the 8" wide wheels and tires have ruined it. I have to run so much negative camber just to fit them, they grab every groove and bump in the road... they also oversteer unpredictably, which is odd sometimes. The excess negative camber also cause the upper control arms to Bang hard against the top of the wheel wells wherever I hit even small bumps (the geometry is way different at -3.5°+ of camber than at -1.2°).

TheSilentChamber
06-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Don't I know it! I've been thinking long and hard about trading my civic for something new and stock and comfortable to commute in... with ABS! I feel like the 8" wide wheels and tires have ruined it. I have to run so much negative camber just to fit them, they grab every groove and bump in the road... they also oversteer unpredictably, which is odd sometimes. The excess negative camber also cause the upper control arms to Bang hard against the top of the wheel wells wherever I hit even small bumps (the geometry is way different at -3.5°+ of camber than at -1.2°).

Yeah that's a lot of camber of a wide tire. ABS would be nice sometimes lol. I've had to lock up my brakes once since being here... gotta love when some jack hole decides they need in your lane right this very moment, then slams on the brakes 2 inches in front of you when they realize that lane is not moving any faster than theirs.

TheSilentChamber
06-16-2016, 10:15 AM
Heh, had a lady in an Escalade rear end me a red light yesterday then drive off. My trailer hitch took the impact though :rofl: , so oh well. Goddamn drivers though..... I never understood hitting someone then driving off.

Killa_CRX
06-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Woot! On my way to Sears to order a TIG welder! That is all...

TheSilentChamber
06-21-2016, 12:26 AM
Woot! On my way to Sears to order a TIG welder! That is all...

*thumbs up*

Build me a winch bumper, I'll pay you in frustration and experience.

Killa_CRX
06-22-2016, 05:43 PM
*thumbs up*

Build me a winch bumper, I'll pay you in frustration and experience.

I need a truck to borrow, so I can go buy a massive bottle of argon... or go see how big of a bottle I can jam in my civic. Those suckers are heavy though.

TheSilentChamber
06-24-2016, 09:10 AM
I need a truck to borrow, so I can go buy a massive bottle of argon... or go see how big of a bottle I can jam in my civic. Those suckers are heavy though.

strap it to the roof, knock the valve off.... better than nitrous. :D

Killa_CRX
07-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Well I got the welder in from Sears and out of the box, and it was damaged. The control panel was crushed... so I took it back, and they're sending me a refund check in the mail.

I'm not going to be doing business with Sears anymore... the whole experience with purchasing this thing from them has been a nightmare.

TheSilentChamber
07-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Well I got the welder in from Sears and out of the box, and it was damaged. The control panel was crushed... so I took it back, and they're sending me a refund check in the mail.

I'm not going to be doing business with Sears anymore... the whole experience with purchasing this thing from them has been a nightmare.

I was kinda wandering why you were getting it through sears, but I thought they may have had a good deal. I hear the Eastwood ones are a good entry level welder. http://www.eastwood.com/welders/tig-welders.html

Killa_CRX
07-01-2016, 03:02 PM
I hear the Eastwood ones are a good entry level welder. http://www.eastwood.com/welders/tig-welders.html

I wasn't buying entry level. I was buying light industrial production level.

I went to Sears because they had the welder I wanted on their website, and I had a bunch of Sears gift cards.

TheSilentChamber
07-01-2016, 10:17 PM

I went to Sears because they had the welder I wanted on their website, and I had a bunch of Sears gift cards.

ah, I see.

TheSilentChamber
07-01-2016, 10:22 PM

Also are there any roads in Dallas that are not in horrible condition? I've figured out that red lights are more of a suggestion than a rule... no one stops going through the intersection for a good 15 seconds after they turn red. And turning from the wrong lane seems to be in fashion here. Today I witnessed someone turn left from the right lane, across 3 other lanes of traffic that were going straight... They didn't even seem concerned or ashamed, just a "oh, I'm turning left, why are you honking at me?" reaction.

Killa_CRX
07-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Also are there any roads in Dallas that are not in horrible condition? I've figured out that red lights are more of a suggestion than a rule... no one stops going through the intersection for a good 15 seconds after they turn red. And turning from the wrong lane seems to be in fashion here. Today I witnessed someone turn left from the right lane, across 3 other lanes of traffic that were going straight... They didn't even seem concerned or ashamed, just a "oh, I'm turning left, why are you honking at me?" reaction.

Driving in Dallas
http://cdn4.designbyhumans.com/product/design/u148831/pr140028-5-2022104-640x640-b-p-000000.jpg

You thought my spiked lug nuts were just for show?

Driving rules for Dallas.
1. Everyone is an enemy.
2. The speed limit is only a suggestion that will get you killed.
3. Don't let any other muthafuckers in front of you, because they'll slow you down.
4. Green lights: "Fucking GO!" Yellow lights: "Is there a camera?" Red lights: "Nope! Fucking GO!"
5. Proper etiquette for exiting the highway is to speed up and cut in front of whomever you need to, to get to the exit, but try not to slow anyone else down. The same can be applied to turning across lanes.

There's some crazy stuff here. It's why I finally broke down and got a dash cam.

Killa_CRX
07-03-2016, 04:00 PM
So here's the thing... :D

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/

TheSilentChamber
07-03-2016, 04:49 PM

Wish there were more photos of finished installs.

RoadKill (youtube show) has a project truck thats an old Datson with a GM V8 in the bed via an Olds Toronado transaxle. Looks like it would be fun stuff to drive.

TheSilentChamber
07-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Driving in Dallas

There's some crazy stuff here. It's why I finally broke down and got a dash cam.

Which dash cam did you get? I'd thought about getting one too, but some of them seem really cheap quality.

MikeCStig
07-03-2016, 06:19 PM

I'm now thinking of all the potential crazy Toyota engine/ car combos. Imagine a Corolla with a RWD or AWD conversion and a Supra engine... not crazy enough? How about a V8 Tercel? :naughty:

TheSilentChamber
07-03-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm now thinking of all the potential crazy Toyota engine/ car combos. Imagine a Corolla with a RWD or AWD conversion and a Supra engine... not crazy enough? How about a V8 Tercel? :naughty:

The 2jz is the small block chevy of the import world.... anything it can be put it, it has been put in. Kinda getting boring at this point.

Killa_CRX
07-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Wish there were more photos of finished installs.

RoadKill (youtube show) has a project truck thats an old Datson with a GM V8 in the bed via an Olds Toronado transaxle. Looks like it would be fun stuff to drive.

This is the video I showed the wife, and she was like "Yeah, do that!"
https://www.youtube.com/embed/KV7ENJvWAGc

Also showed her this.
https://youtu.be/YHHBB0H8MMw

Which dash cam did you get? I'd thought about getting one too, but some of them seem really cheap quality.

The one I got is the Falcon Zero F170HD+
Here's my initial voyage.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/HGw-Y9wXVcI

It does full 1080p resolution, but I had it turned down to 720p... The video looked better initially, but I think the Microsoft video editing software I was using to stitch the videos together and remove my actual speed reduced the quality of the final product.
https://amzn.com/B014S09OKO <---- Amazon Link

Driftworks has an AE86 Corolla drift car with an LS7....
2JZ and 1JZ swaps have been shoved in everything. I work with an guy that has a 1JZGTTE in a Toyota Cressida... which is not too difficult, considering it came new with a 5MZ 2.8 liter inline6, almost exactly the same physical size as a JZ motor.
TE71 and older Corolla's (and Toyota pickups) have a short engine bay that makes the JZ series motors a bit long, unless you're willing to have part of it in the cabin with you or put a lot of weight out front.
The idea with using an V8, for me at least, has more to do with the over all length of the assembly, and not having to cut out as much of the firewall, and still be able to maintain some creature comforts like heat and A/C. A/C far more than heat, as I'm in Texas!

MikeCStig
07-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Still no bites on the V8 tercel idea? Come on... That would be hilarious.:grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!