-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
View Poll Results: How should the classifieds be run?
Classifieds ONLY thread 6 15.38%
Post threads as stuff is for sale 26 66.67%
I don't care 5 12.82%
They belong in AF's Classifieds 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-23-2003, 06:01 PM
amy@af's Avatar
amy@af amy@af is offline
Traffic Directing Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,893
Thanks: 226
Thanked 119 Times in 95 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af
Classifieds....please read

i'm not exactly sure what happened but suddenly there is an issue with the word "classifieds"

this is my suggestion:

if it is a general part, please put it in the AF classifieds. if it is an 88-91 Civic or CRX specific part, then i think it is okay to post it here.

now the question is...should we try another "classifieds ONLY" thread? except all posts must be a classified....all other replies will be removed. or should people just post a thread as they have parts for sale? please vote.
__________________
"hi! my name is Lady, and i'm a HONDA-holic"

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!



*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
  #2  
Old 01-23-2003, 06:08 PM
toontowncivic's Avatar
toontowncivic toontowncivic is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 468
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see what you are saying Lady. The way i see it is if someone has a classified they should just put that i the subject line. then if peeps want to read it they can if not skip over it...no big deal!
__________________
STOLEN!
  #3  
Old 01-23-2003, 06:13 PM
GTA's Avatar
GTA GTA is offline
Whee..
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,494
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I agree it should be anything that is 88-91 civic/crx parts can be in our forum, but it should say For sale in the threads subject. Anything non 88-91 civic/crx should be posted in AF's classified forum.
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew
RIP Melt

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR
2007 Toyota Prius



I <3 and miss my 4g
  #4  
Old 01-23-2003, 06:19 PM
BLU CIVIC's Avatar
BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC is offline
調整器
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,255
Thanks: 11
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
Quote:
Originally posted by 88CiViC_DX
I agree it should be anything that is 88-91 civic/crx parts can be in our forum, but it should say For sale in the threads subject. Anything non 88-91 civic/crx should be posted in AF's classified forum.
I AGREE B/C NOT MANY PEOPLE LOOK IN THE CLASSIFIEDS AND THERE WERE TIMES THAT I WENT SEARCHING THRU THE CLASSIFIEDS ONLY TO FIND IT POSTED LIKE A MONTH AGO AND ITZ ALREADY SOLD...PLUS IF ITZ STRICKLY FOR 88-91 CIVC WHY NOT POST HERE INSTEAD OF A GENERALIZED AREA
  #5  
Old 01-23-2003, 07:59 PM
gunnmen01's Avatar
gunnmen01 gunnmen01 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gunnmen01 Send a message via Yahoo to gunnmen01
I say if its general stuff post it in the classifieds, but if its civic/crx stuff post it as for sale in the subject so people who arent interested can skip that post....


gunnmen01
__________________
My other ride..... is YOUR MOM !!!!!!
  #6  
Old 01-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Melt's Avatar
Melt Melt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Melt
Quote:
Originally posted by gunnmen01
I say if its general stuff post it in the classifieds, but if its civic/crx stuff post it as for sale in the subject so people who arent interested can skip that post....


gunnmen01
I agree, what we should also do is away with the classifieds thread sticky, and make a link to the main classifieds area like kris made a link to the ripped off thread a while ago.
__________________
AF Bay Area Crew
97 Toyota T100 xcab 3.4l v6 5spd 2wd
  #7  
Old 01-23-2003, 09:40 PM
plkelley's Avatar
plkelley plkelley is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to plkelley
I also agree...kill the classified sticky thread.

And also, what did happen to the ripped off thread...that one I liked, Its hard to get feedback about sights.
  #8  
Old 01-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Tony's Avatar
Tony Tony is offline
TLD Member #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,860
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Tony
I really have no problem with either way. Classified thread or not. But there should be some rules laid down on either one. If we use the Classified thread, all replies not containing sales should be deleted, and once something is sold, you should remove your post.

If we just post a new thread on it, the main thing to do is, when it is sold, get a mod to delete the thread so i don't take up as much room, and no one stumbles upon it once it the item is sold.
__________________
Tony


91 Civic Sedan DX - Stock 287k Miles
  #9  
Old 01-24-2003, 07:53 AM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Theodditie

get a mod to delete the thread so i don't take up as much room, and no one stumbles upon it once it the item is sold.

Why make us work for you?

How about either 1. Edit your post saying it's sold. 2. Reply saying its sold?

Myself, I actually like the way the 4th gen area was a long time ago.
  #10  
Old 01-24-2003, 08:18 AM
sastanley's Avatar
sastanley sastanley is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,906
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sastanley Send a message via Yahoo to sastanley
Thumbs up

I guess I am leaning the direction of most everyone else. I like having classifieds pop up in here. If it isn't 88-91 specific, then I say AF Classifieds..there is so much junk in there, it is hard to find something specific to our cars.

I do wish there was a way to search ONLY within a specfic forum...Sometimes I search for things like "header", and i get a bunch of crap from Mustangs and Camaros..if there is a way to do this, someone please enlightnen me

I also like how Kris has his stuff "for sale" posted in his sig. Too bad it is a Mustang tho...If his sig had said "Nasty old LX Mustang for sale" I wouldn't have bothered to check it out....good luck with that

K, there's my $0.02:frog:
__________________
-Shawn
'91 Civic DX sedan
DOHC ZC, I,H,E, urethane bushings and mount inserts, rock chipped hood, some rust, stock steelies, nice comfy Integra seats, and the A/C works! What else could you want from an 18 year old car with 241,000 miles? Working on getting the Si tranny in now
  #11  
Old 01-24-2003, 08:27 AM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sastanley

I also like how Kris has his stuff "for sale" posted in his sig. Too bad it is a Mustang tho...If his sig had said "Nasty old LX Mustang for sale" I wouldn't have bothered to check it out....good luck with that



:finger:


Anyways, yes, you can search a specific forum. Below the keyword box, there is the section for search options. Just select the forum you want.
  #12  
Old 01-24-2003, 09:28 AM
kicker1_solo's Avatar
kicker1_solo kicker1_solo is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
Quote:
Originally posted by kris

Myself, I actually like the way the 4th gen area was a long time ago.
Before I got here?
why not talk to Igor about having a seperate forum inside of this one. Have a little link at the top of this forum that takes you to the 4th gen classifieds forum?
__________________
2000 BMW 323IT
1954 Ford F100
With every post my penis grows smaller

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
  #13  
Old 01-25-2003, 11:30 AM
MyFirst4G's Avatar
MyFirst4G MyFirst4G is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,777
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MyFirst4G
Quote:
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
Before I got here?
why not talk to Igor about having a seperate forum inside of this one. Have a little link at the top of this forum that takes you to the 4th gen classifieds forum?
Thats a really good idea, like on Super HOnda!!! I like this idea!!
__________________
88 DX Hatch SOLD!

90 Si Hatch Wreck'd :

Done parting out.. Shell is going to fire dept soon to get roof chopped off for some kind of drill.. wait for the movie!!

96 Saturn SL2:
Daily Driver untill 91DX is running!

91 DX Hatch:
Its gonna be Painted CL Type S Grey w/ WW RS kit from 90 Si and JDM CRX front end conversion... Powered by a Turbo'd GSR Motor..... Loot is on the way!!

Official 4th Gen OG
Hype Race Crew
  #14  
Old 01-25-2003, 12:29 PM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
I disagree with all of you.


Why? ...cause i'm an asshole
  #15  
Old 01-25-2003, 12:34 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
Before I got here?
why not talk to Igor about having a seperate forum inside of this one. Have a little link at the top of this forum that takes you to the 4th gen classifieds forum?

Yeah, it was setup like this, kind of.

4th gen
-general
-OT
-Boost/N20
-Classifieds
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Help!! Please Read!!! Please Help!! FromZtoSUV MX-6 0 10-10-2008 08:41 AM
Classifieds Rules: READ BEFORE POSTING KustmAce Classifieds 0 05-23-2006 02:47 PM
94 prizm problems, please read, please help JasonKnight General Discussion 7 02-10-2005 08:28 PM
Please read before question (Mod please sticky) Haibane Car Audio 2 08-17-2004 05:51 PM
ESI talon owners please read i need help within 4 hours please help!!! schneidey Off-Topic 2 04-19-2004 08:53 AM

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts