-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-06-2004, 06:58 PM
senorphrog2000 senorphrog2000 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question turn signal switch removal

When I got in my surburban this morning, my low beams did not come on. I hit my high beams and heard a loud click when the switch was pulled. The high beams came on but won't click off. I think my switch is broken in the 99 Surburban. I pulled off the lower cover and can see the switch. I have a manual but it doesn't tell how to remove the switch on this model. Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2004, 06:25 PM
old school bigdadd old school bigdadd is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: turn signal removal

You have to remove the upper cover also. There are two screws holding the switch, one on top and one in front. I can't remember if the front screw can be removed without removing the the steering wheel. If you have to remove the steering wheel, the SDM must be disabled to prevent the airbag from deploying. If you are not familiar with the disabling procedures, I strongly recommend you take it a quailified repair shop.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-08-2004, 04:44 PM
senorphrog2000 senorphrog2000 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks

My mechanic said he didn't think I would have to remove the airbag. The part seems to be about 200dollars though.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
02 Windstar - turn signal problem ethanaw Windstar 12 07-02-2016 10:40 PM
04 Saturn Vue - turn signal keeps clicking even when there's no signal on richter343 Vue 4 07-19-2010 06:20 PM
turn signal right - sometimes KronVickan Crown Victoria 6 01-29-2010 02:14 PM
turn signal lights not working x3mtm Durango 4 01-11-2010 12:49 PM
turn signal/remove steering wheel 92 Regal HarleyK Regal 3 08-23-2004 02:28 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts