-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 09-04-2003, 02:26 PM
I am b I am b is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Turbo on Galant GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinWRX
Damm , you can only get a 1.7 60 foot time. I grab 1.5's in my WAGON all the time. And its pretty close to stock. Oh yeah , and 5-lug hubs. And I have factory manuals for a few cars , guess that what happens when you are a real tuner. Plus I subscribe to all 3 mags I mentioned , so I don't get left behind like you obviously have. How many times did you get left back in 2nd grade? So far the only tools I've met on this site has been the GVR4 crew. Guess I'm not hangin with you rejects anytime soon. I wouldn't soil my image by doing so. So when I'm running 10's , I won't be claiming membership in your sorry little .org. Funny how Ive never seen it mentioned in the DSM.org clubs , of which I am a member. All the GVR4 guys here are members of the local DSM club. So I guess your little .org is not a recognized body. Which makes you all
Don't worry , I'm not posting in this thread anymore. Don't wanna get my hands dirty. I think you guys have something contagious...........

Really??? Then what is this??
http://www.wrxyz.com/forums/showthre...0173#post20173

You my friend have been own3d.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-05-2003, 01:07 AM
RockinWRX RockinWRX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 560
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RockinWRX
Re: Re: Re: Turbo on Galant GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am b
Really??? Then what is this??
http://www.wrxyz.com/forums/showthre...0173#post20173

You my friend have been own3d.

LOL , thanks for pulling out my old 60-foot time. I've learned how to launch since then.
__________________
'90 Galant GSX , AWD , 5spd. Waiting on an engine swap.
'03 WRX wagon , AWD , 5spd. Waiting on a paycheck.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-05-2003, 02:09 AM
my91gvr4 my91gvr4 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey rockin Fuckstick,

You are an idiot. Even a moderator who closed your other useless garbage said that.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...2&goto=newpost

When will you get a clue ?
You really do need to reevaluate yourself and see that you are as ignorant as everyone else says you are. Everything you have said can be proven wrong by almost 1500 GVR4 owners on the GVR4 board.

Why must you be so disrespectful in insinuating that the GalantVR4.org site is not a respected forum ? It is a respected forum deticated to the correctness of its information about the Galant VR-4.
You are just some teen idiot who makes the rest of us car oners look bad.

Please place the penis back in your mouth and stop yacking.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-05-2003, 06:59 AM
boysetsfire boysetsfire is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You should call up easy street motorsports and tell them how you can get a 1.5 60ft in your stock wagon since they get that in their drag wrx with drag tires and 700+ horsepower. they could probably get a .5 60ft with your technique, that'd be awesome.

-Marc
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-01-2004, 08:24 PM
JBTT JBTT is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Turbo on Galant GSX

didnt know that an auto GSX was made myself--but Just bought one (91w/leather/sunroof/-looks like Vr4 inside---am wondering if the tranywould stand up to a strong turbo 4g63--looks as if the rest is the same) does anyone know if the brakes (gsx) are the same as a vr4????for parts for my wife's 91 vr4 --vote Part out or killer driver JBTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinWRX
One thing about the Galant GSX's is they use the NT 4G63 , but with a 5 spd only. There are no Galant GSX auto's. Normally DSM's have 2 different tranys from the T to the NT cars , even in manual , but not in this case. The NT flywheels are bigger and heavier than the Turbo flywheels , you can tell by the bellhousing size. The Galant's were made in Japan , not the US , so they got all the same stuff as the VR4's , including the tranny , with some minor noteable exceptions. No Active ECS (suspension) and no AWS. But everything else is the same. I've driven both a 1st gen Eclipse and of course my own Galant , back to back , and I know for certain the GSX's tranny has a higher first gear. Its good to almost 20 mph , while the shorter geared Eclipse tranny is barely good to 10. See where you redline at in first gear , and if you've ever driven a 1G , you'll know what I mean. To my knowledge , and I've done some research , the GGSX was not a "variant" of the GVR4 , but rather just a non-turbo counterpart with all the same stuff installed. Its only the American versions that wasted time with installing weaker trannys in NT cars , Mitsubishi Japan had no such hangups. It makes more sense tooling and production cost-wise also , something American manufacturers have no clue about.
Sorry for the tirade , but I'm absolutely sure the GVR4 and the GGSX have the same tranny.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-01-2005, 01:55 PM
HSM HSM is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found this old thread while searching for galant info myself and saw some bumm info in it. The trans and rear diff on the galant gsx and galant vr4 are not the same.
GGSX = w5m31-2 trans, final ratio = 5.208
GVR4 = w5m33-2 trans, final ratio = 4.933
The rear diffs necessarily are different because the transfer case ratios are the same (1.090). The GVR4 rear diff is 3.545. Don't recall what the GGSX rear diff ratio is. I bought a 90 GGSX that somebody had installed a talon rear diff in. Because the front and rear axles were not the same ratio, it cooked the front viscous coupling, then the bearings on the shaft. BTW, the front rotors on the ggsx are smaller than the gvr4 by about an inch.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
02 galant turbo kit keytosilence Galant 0 09-09-2009 11:46 AM
1990 Galant GSX/ 1991 Galant VR4 project Sleepr awd Members Project Cars 31 01-04-2008 05:45 PM
1990 Galant GSX ... wanting turbo, help? Sleepr awd Galant 11 08-28-2006 12:05 AM
Galant GSX, Can it be a VR4,should I buy a gsx? T4T2T Galant 5 06-22-2004 08:35 PM
6G72 swap into a Galant GSX..................... RockinWRX 3000GT/Stealth 12 09-05-2003 04:24 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts