Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

off topic/ place to chat

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Z_Fanatic
08-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Wondering if anyone used to virtual racing? Pick up a Midnight Club II, a year old game, but still stands out today. Go against cages (on a 600 or 999 Italia v-twins or a R1 look-alike liter/1200cc bike) or another rider, just don't bust your balls leaning on turn 3 going 168 mph. Oh yeah, wheelies gives you boost and rolling endos won't make you stop.

aussieidiot
08-05-2004, 10:48 PM
used moto gp but found it to hard not to slide out and drop it. absolutely nothing like the real thing

Z_Fanatic
08-05-2004, 11:55 PM
So you're saying the real thing is easier? It took me a while, but I'd get the repsol honda or yamaha team, suzuki was better acceleration than handling. i found it easier to downshift when leaning through tight curve and blow all the the other players away, didn't have to use the brake. Since the AI slows down but doesn't downshift. The hard part was playing cat and mouse through straight line. Around track 5 is when twisties got really harder.

Granted that in the real thing, when you go down over 100 MPH, you're done for the day.

aussieidiot
08-06-2004, 12:10 AM
more to the lack of feedback. going 200k's (120mph) into a corner you really feel the bike resisting and when it starts to slide it suddenly gets easy to steer. on virtual there is no feedback so i had trouble. on a game you can't tell speed and braking distance but when you do it for real it's easy.

ps don't you ever sleep.

Z_Fanatic
08-06-2004, 12:31 AM
oh c'mon mate, i wasn't here for past 2 days, not this time regularly anyway. and yes, I'm nocturnal like a bat.

you've been riding long while, and currently the only active senior left here. so what's the fastest you been on a bike? ever think of switching to Italian bikes? It's a thought, since many riders after riding for a decade, try something new, er.. v-twins.

Btw, what's MV Agusta's position in the racing field? They don't race even with inline 4s?

aussieidiot
08-06-2004, 02:35 AM
the only 'senior' without a life!

fastest speed was listed iin 'top dog' thread but was 260k's (160mph)down eastern creek international raceway main straight and first corner at 210k's. trying to overtake a duke 749 on the outside but left myself no room for brakes without cutting the duke off, so i hit the gravel and kept the bike upright

that was on my old 1996 GSXR750t that was usually modded

aussieidiot
08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
this reply is from another thread that we took over again.

Z-man, ducati are in the Moto GP and ran 5th in GBR with troy bayliss. he used to ride in the SBK for ducati as well

Z_Fanatic
08-06-2004, 07:59 PM
that was this year? whoa, in what rock was I hiding.

aussieidiot
08-07-2004, 03:13 PM
yep marlboro ducati team and bayliss is going pretty well for his first season in 500's

Too New To Know
08-07-2004, 04:15 PM
morning blayne, didnt want to clutter the other thread with a greeting :) hehehe... just back from work an hour ago.. little story for the morn,

i got a job as a security guard, and went into one of the local car dealerships to use the little boys room, as i was walking to the toilet door a big fat single tyre in the dark corner of the workshop caught my eye, a shiny blue r1... after i walked around it about 50 times and cleaned my drool off the floor, i though "hey, no ones around, why dont you hop on?".... i had to pull myself away from it, A) its immoral, id be pissed if the security guard was sittin on my bike.. B) fear of dropping it on its side..

so so SO tempted, hehehe

aussieidiot
08-07-2004, 04:24 PM
yeah, it's not good to sit on anothers bike with an invite. that really shits me. 1st day i had my bike (blade), a neighbour put his kid on it before i could say anything and his shoe scratched the tank. very pissed!

Too New To Know
08-07-2004, 04:29 PM
ouch, id hate to be that kid, or the dad for that matter...

its just im really curious as to how comfortable (or uncomfortable) these bikes are, and want to know before i take the interest any further, ive already got a bit of a shabby back, and im only 18! :(

thats right, give me some sympathy...ahhhhh... :)

aussieidiot
08-07-2004, 04:39 PM
I see a chiropractor every month. he said riding a sports bike's the worst thing for my back but i still have to do it.

you should go to a dealer and sit on those bikes.

i used to work at Darling Harbour and one day i was getting ready to leave work during a motor show and when i got to my bike, a bloke had his kid sitting on my bike while he held the bike OFF its stand by the tail piece. I went off! i even went to his car and sat on the bonnet and lay across the thing. made sure my studs on my leathers left a mark on his bmw for life. lucky i'm mates with the security and the carpark takes no responsibilty for damages

Too New To Know
08-07-2004, 04:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH, man thats the funniest sh!t ive heard in a while, thats one of not many times ive actually burst out laughin from a comment on the net... you've made my day!

gotta wonder though, how many times does this happen and you DONT see it! :(

Z_Fanatic
08-07-2004, 09:35 PM
I see a chiropractor every month. he said riding a sports bike's the worst thing for my back but i still have to do it.

you should go to a dealer and sit on those bikes.

i used to work at Darling Harbour and one day i was getting ready to leave work during a motor show and when i got to my bike, a bloke had his kid sitting on my bike while he held the bike OFF its stand by the tail piece. I went off! i even went to his car and sat on the bonnet and lay across the thing. made sure my studs on my leathers left a mark on his bmw for life. lucky i'm mates with the security and the carpark takes no responsibilty for damages

gotta watch that temper Bruce Banner, those road rages are institutional material.

good thing you don't have many a-holes carrying shotguns in their car.

aussieidiot
08-08-2004, 03:07 AM
yeah i know. but i've calmed down now that i've got a wife. no balls left!

Hey lyndon. check out www.maxmc.com.au and go to the red max page. last years jeans are only $150 compared to $200 and if you send me your postal address i'll send you a cool dvd, also my old gloves if you really want them. dainese plain black and used. let me know either way

flex339
08-09-2004, 01:16 AM
I sat on a silver R1 about three days ago. I was for sale so I figured it was ok in that situation. It felt pretty comfortable. I won't be riding anything like that for a long long time though.

Too New To Know
08-09-2004, 02:10 AM
hahah yeah same flex, im starting on 250, nice and safe for me :)

Too New To Know
08-09-2004, 02:15 AM
yeah i know. but i've calmed down now that i've got a wife. no balls left!

Hey lyndon. check out www.maxmc.com.au and go to the red max page. last years jeans are only $150 compared to $200 and if you send me your postal address i'll send you a cool dvd, also my old gloves if you really want them. dainese plain black and used. let me know either way

not that im not happy with the fact your helping me out, but wtf? are you like the sales rep for redmax jeans?

arent last years jeans not as good as this years? didnt they improve the technology?

and whats with the dvd? free? whaaat?

got pics of the gloves? im a guitarist so i need to keep my hands in tip top shape, i want the best protection for em :)

aussieidiot
08-09-2004, 02:24 AM
not a rep, just a fan of good quality goods at a fair price. a mate has a pair and i'm jealous. as soon as the misses isn't watching i'll order some. they look better than draggin' jeans. draggin' are for oldies not trendies.

as for the dvd. umm slightly illegal to copy so its a real copy. really it is. just found out that i can burn certain material. its VERY similar to x-factor moving violations or urban assualt. rrp 45 bucks.
its mad bastards doing stunts and stuff for about 45 min

can take photos of gloves or you can just have them. they are just sitting there ready for some lovin cost me 189 new. i'll take some photo's and upload into my gallery

Too New To Know
08-09-2004, 02:39 AM
haha mad, did these dvds fall off the back of a truck or something?, either way, ill take one :D
i think ill spend the extra 50 and get the new jeans out, they pretty nice looking, and they come in blue as well :D

as for the gloves, like i said i want the best protection out there, are these going to deliver that? or am i going to be up for $4369895726 for a good pair?

Too New To Know
08-09-2004, 02:41 AM
also, its 190 to get my licence (230 if you've never rode a bike before, i have but its been a long while)

do you reckon i should get that first to see if ill enjoy it anyway?

Z_Fanatic
08-09-2004, 03:08 AM
Seat cowls... I'm wondering do they work as a cover, as in a plate of plastic to cover the passenger seat? Or do you have take out the passenger seat and then replace it with the cowl?

speediva
08-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Seat cowls... I'm wondering do they work as a cover, as in a plate of plastic to cover the passenger seat? Or do you have take out the passenger seat and then replace it with the cowl?
Cowls can work either way, depending on the bike. On bikes with "banana seats" the cowl just covers the passenger seat. On bikes with separate rear seats, the cowl takes the place of the passenger seat.

Too New To Know
08-09-2004, 04:05 PM
is this just the little 'hump' thing at the back im guessing?

which leads me to my next question, what the hell is a hugger?...

blayne, just got paid 700 big ones for less than a weeks work.... getting licence real soon :D

Z_Fanatic
08-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Cowls can work either way, depending on the bike. On bikes with "banana seats" the cowl just covers the passenger seat. On bikes with separate rear seats, the cowl takes the place of the passenger seat.

Thanks. Yeah, had to guess, I saw some cowls for the old F2/F3, but none for the new '04 F4i.

aussieidiot
08-10-2004, 02:57 AM
the dvd's are not stolen. i can give you a copy from mine. the gloves are in ok condition and are worth about 150 bucks new. My replacements cost 380. If you want basic cheap, $60 or for good quality basic $130 or for good quality and top of the line in protection $300-$400
my understanding of a hugger is the rear wheel cover from the swing arm over to almost the 'mudflap'

hey z. my 954 cover bolts in and replaces the pilion seat but my old gixer used the lock mechanism and i lost it one day! lock mech was easier to do but cost me alot to replace it once i lost it due to a faulty lock closer

Too New To Know
08-10-2004, 03:13 AM
damn blayne, thats expensive! :S

well, if your giving them away, id be more than happy to take them off your hands (no pun intended) :D

Z_Fanatic
08-10-2004, 03:15 AM
you got luggage space underneath the seats or somwhere in there right?

aussieidiot
08-10-2004, 03:19 AM
yes but you can appreciate the quality. my new ones feel so much better and give me freedom in the fingers. nothing worse than cramped digits on a long ride

under the 954 i get tools, lock, chain, phone, wallet and a set of wets if need be. but under the old gixer i got all that plus a first aid kit

Too New To Know
08-10-2004, 10:38 AM
lol, where the hell is this storage blayne? are you carrying a trailor behind your 954?

aussieidiot
08-11-2004, 02:52 AM
it's like the tardis. small on the outside yet massive inside. the old girl had a massive seat. wife was comfy compared to now

aussieidiot
08-12-2004, 01:59 AM
had a f@#ked up arvo today

I saw a kid on a NSR 125 that had stalled twice at lights. Obviously a learner and a squid to boot (full power ranger outfit) Any how, he was in the left lane and I was in the right of a three lane road and I was being polite and nodded to him to say G'day. He ignored me and stick his nose up. "Fine F@#k you, you little shit. suck on this" I thought as the lights change. I boot it up to 120k's in a 70 zone, first gear. Blew him away and then realised that a highway cop come up behind me while I did it but just as I came back to the limit. Only really slowed due to traffic at a red light. Then he tailgated me in a school zone (40k's or 25mph) pushing me to go faster. The bike doesn't like 39k's. She coughs and spluts. I slowed down to 25(15mph) and changed lanes and so did he. Prick was toying with me for ages waiting for me to make a mistake. Bastard!!

then a bitch in a BMW decided to spray wash her windscreen and it got me without my shield down. pulled up next to her and tapped on her sunroof. when she opened the window, I leant into her car and took a tissue from her dash board, wiped my face and said thanks for the bath!

Z_Fanatic
08-12-2004, 02:54 AM
had a f@#ked up arvo today

I saw a kid on a NSR 125 that had stalled twice at lights. Obviously a learner and a squid to boot (full power ranger outfit)

At least he's fully geared.

then a bitch in a BMW decided to spray wash her windscreen and it got me without my shield down. pulled up next to her and tapped on her sunroof. when she opened the window, I leant into her car and took a tissue from her dash board, wiped my face and said thanks for the bath!

:rofl: what did she say? now really, it wasn't really her fault, wrong place at the wrong time.

aussieidiot
08-12-2004, 03:58 AM
yeah he was kitted but he thought he was king shit. full one piece leathers (including the hump) to match his bike is a little overkill don't you think. nice and shiney leather too. needs some battlescars.

as for the bitch, sorry lady, i'm very stressed and it shit me. she apologised and i said nothing rude

flex339
08-12-2004, 11:33 AM

:rofl: Sorry Blayne, but that's F'ing hilarious. At least she was sorry about the whole thing.

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Is there any advantage or gain on putting exhaust/mufflers in one set up or another? I.E. peole opt their stock exhaust to change the position and put in high-mount exhaust? Im not talking about putting aftermarket exhaust, but the position they're put in. Another example is Yamaha decided to put undertail exhaust for R1 or Honda doing the same for 600rr and 1000rr.

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 02:14 AM
:rofl: Sorry Blayne, but that's F'ing hilarious. At least she was sorry about the whole thing.
yep. If I saw it I would have pissed myself laughing.

What's the difference between comedy and tragedy?

Whether it's you or not!!!!!

flex339
08-13-2004, 03:13 AM
I'd say that saying fits that incident perfectly.

On another note. I replaced my ignition switch tonight only to have the bike still not work. I checked the fuses again and then whipped out the old voltometer. I started probing with that and it lead me back to the fuse box. Under closer inspection I noticed a hair line crack in the fuse. I replaced it and the bike lights up again. Yay! I know the fuse was ok before the new switch, because I closely inspected all of them. Anyways next on the repair list is to put in new brake shoes and then the new fork seals.

Too New To Know
08-13-2004, 10:36 AM
hahahahaha @ blayne, if i'd tried that, i would have wiped myself out trying to get the tissues, lol.. nice touch though! :D

my mates coming with me to get his licence, another 2 on the aussie roads soon! yay! hehe

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 02:10 PM
exxxxxcellent smithers! just don't become temporary citizens. when you go with mate you tend to do stupid stuff to show off. i know you will because we all do and no-one can tell you what to do. you just have to make your own mistakes in life, that how we learn. just hope that it sticks in your head and you remember it when you go to do somthing REALLY dumb.

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 02:25 PM
exxxxxcellent smithers!

Drunk Aussie: Ya call 'dat-a knwife!? I call 'dis-a knwife!

Lisa: Uh... that's a fork.

:D Awesome, I didn't know you watched the Simpsons as well? It's my all-time favorite show.

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 02:29 PM
we get the simpsons at 600pm-630 and again at 700-800 weekdays. i have all the dvds available but i prefer futurama.

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 02:32 PM
we get the simpsons at 600pm-630 and again at 700-800 weekdays. i have all the dvds available but i prefer futurama.

futurama is my least favorite. it pretty much has bender being repetitive. hehe.

1. simpsons.
2. family guy.
3. futurama.

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 02:48 PM
we don't get the family guy and with so much simpsons and re-runs, futurama is a fresh change BIKES CARS BIKES THROTTLE (trying to keep thread on motor topics. shhh don't tell anyone )GIXER, R1 WHEELIES
he he

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 02:56 PM
ya... :D, did I ever tell you just the other day I flipped Rossi?

Is there any advantage or gain on putting exhaust/mufflers in one set up or another? I.E. peole opt their stock exhaust to change the position and put in high-mount exhaust? Im not talking about putting aftermarket exhaust, but the position they're put in. Another example is Yamaha decided to put undertail exhaust for R1 or Honda doing the same for 600rr and 1000rr.

yo Bling-Blayne, know any technical reasons why? I mean is it all just for looks? It's getting F'king weird now. Think about how bikes will look like in next 5 years. Scary shit.

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 03:06 PM
i think it's for looks more than anything else. i know some vtr owners get high mount pipes for more ground clearance on corners. As for under seat pipes it may be for technical reasons. they can then sell the bike with seat warmers as a selling point! i prefer the look of under seat but the lack of 'trunk' (bloody yanks and there wierd language) space is a downer

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Z_Fanatic]ya... :D, did I ever tell you just the other day I flipped Rossi?

what? please explain

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 03:17 PM
[
what? please explain

well this is a bike forum right? lol. went to Venice last year, saw Rossi digging at a lasagna with his friends. I was in my Testarossa. Anyway, got out of the car in with a cricket bat, took a swing at his moped. Would you believe he rides a moped??? then took off in my Ferrari with a French girl.

haha, seat warmers, it really wouldn't be high selling point in my book. so the R1 and RR lacks trunk space huh? What you call trunk in OZland, luggage compartment?

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 03:21 PM
i'm finding it hard to believe that story!

had a laugh because i found a thread in the coffe club section entitled aus/nz dudes and the whole thing was based on trunk/ boot relationships
we call them "boots"

rossi rides a moped in his home town and one of his best stories is that he out run the cops on one when he was 12 or 15.

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 03:26 PM
found a site in Ozland for armour
www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au

these guys make just about anything and can custom make stuff. do a google search and i came up with a guy in the us who loves the stuff

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 03:29 PM
i'm finding it hard to believe that story!

rossi rides a moped in his home town and one of his best stories is that he out run the cops on one when he was 12 or 15.

see that validates my story.

and you say bloody yanks have strange lingo. haha, boots in kangaroo speak. here we either wear boots or get booty call, but never keep it in the trunk.

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 03:36 PM
no it doesn't. i knew that he RODE a moped when he was underage. so i could have said that exact same story doesn't mean its true. its the bit about you being in a testarossa thats got me

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 03:45 PM
its the bit about you being in a testarossa thats got me

testarossa for rent? they're widely available there. and if I had a good $35k-40K, I could buy one with less than 10K mileage. i thought the french girl would give it away, seeing how it's more susceptible to pick up an Italian chic.

found a site in Ozland for armour
www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au

these guys make just about anything and can custom make stuff. do a google search and i came up with a guy in the us who loves the stuff

found the carbon fiber lower fairing. is this what you were referring to as engine armour? thanks.

aussieidiot
08-13-2004, 03:50 PM
usually a clutch cover armour but depends on the bike

ps what bike is it for. i've forgotten

Z_Fanatic
08-13-2004, 03:58 PM
oh ok, thanks. just getting my sources in a bunch, in case I drop the bike. it's an old sv650.

Too New To Know
08-14-2004, 01:07 AM
HAHAHAHHA @ blayne! .....

lol my mates a level headed bloke, we were stupid enough to fuck around in school (which i now regret) and we're not squidly 'stunters', we just cant wait to get our bikes and cruise down the great ocean road (basically a big winding road with a cliff on one side, dropping down to a beachline) on a hot summers day, stuff like that....

although im sure first gear wheelies will be on the agenda once im confident i can ride well :) ... by the way, would that be possible on a gsx250 across?

aussieidiot
08-14-2004, 11:03 PM
it is possible but may not be healthy for the bike depending on method for wheelies. I, personally, don't do them because i ride in traffic and don't really want to damage my bike. the front on mine comes up under power if not controlled precisely but on a 250 it won't happen easily. some one else will be better answering this one. i don't have the experience with wheelies. my old FZR250rr didn't wheelie unless i fucked up and dropped the clutch from start but that can end badly.

Z_Fanatic
08-15-2004, 02:42 AM
hey Aussie, personal question, how long did you learn and keep your 250 before upgrading to 750? what's the ideal learning curve? I know it's different for every one, thanks.

aussieidiot
08-15-2004, 03:24 AM
i had ridden trail bikes when i was 12 but then got into bikes when i was older. had my 250 for the minimum time of 18 months (6mths learner and 12mths as a 'p' plater). when i could i went out to ride 600's but wasn't overly impressed. rode the 750 and realised it was something i could grow into. if i got a 600 at the time i would have been ready to upgrade within 6 months. i believe you are always learning how to ride better but getting something you can 'grow' into is the best given that you don't push it from the start

Add your comment to this topic!