|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Completed: 1983 Camaro Z28
As from the previous WIP thread, this is a buddy's '83 Camaro with a nitrous'd 350 setup. I'm pretty happy with the engine bay, and I think the paint turned out great. Note that I did not clearcoat it despite it being metallic, because I wanted a true clone of his car, which was in no way shiny
EDIT: as per the recent post in the main forum, here's some details on the kit! Paint: -Tamiya light gray primer (tried the dupli-colour primer, it was JUNK) -Dupli-colour GM Charcoal Gray for the body. I decided to forego the clearcoat, since his real-life car wasn't too shiny -Testor's Cream interior Assembly: Chassis box-stock, interior box-stock, detailed using art pencils Wheels are Draglites, just like the real life car. Engine is the box-stock version, but not a 305 (real one is a 350,) with an aluminum intake a Holley double-pumper. The braided line is made using twisted up speaker wire and the "AN Fittings" are simply paint applied thick. The cylinder mounted to the wheelwell is a nitrous solenoid, again like the real life version. Exhaust is side-exit from the kit.
Last edited by tigeraid; 05-12-2005 at 08:43 PM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed: 1983 Camaro Z28
Looks nice! lovley engine bay.
__________________
Best Regards Anton |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed: 1983 Camaro Z28
It looks great to me!
Nice work!
__________________
http://public.fotki.com/tonioseven/ |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looks great, well done. Is that a zz top Eliminator in the background on one of the pics, if it is could you show us a couple of pics.
Cheers, Mike
__________________
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v149/aoshima/?start=0 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
hehe, nope, that's just a 1/64th Willys Gasser, and my Grumpy Camaro
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Might want to use some clear red and orange on the taillight lenses, otherwise awesome job! Beutiful engine!
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed: 1983 Camaro Z28
you bring up a good point. I saw how it was a decal underneath the clear plastic, and I thought "man, that's kinda unique, and so easy!"... but I think the fact that the plastic is so thick really ruins the whole thing, I'm disappointed in it. I do have proper paint, I think I'll give it a try...
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed: 1983 Camaro Z28
Nice work on that engine bay!
__________________
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed: 1983 Camaro Z28
here's a tip: wouldja believe all that fancy braided line is just twisted speaker wire and good paint?
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
looks nice, i like the engine bay
__________________
Formerly Blownalcoholboy 1986 Z28, 400ci SBC, Twin borg warner billet S467 turbos, Reid case powerglide, Moser 9". Holley EFI, Boost Leash. 950RWHP on pump gas, 1200rwhp on race gas (22 psi) Best ET 1/4: 8.35 @ 170mph (275 drag radial) Best ET 1/8: 5.44 @ 132mph (275 drag radial) Best 60': 1.31 on the back tires (275 drag radial) AF User Rules/Guidelines http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed: 1983 Camaro Z28
Quote:
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|