|Automotive Forums .com Member Rules
Automotive Forums is a community of auto enthusiasts, we welcome all automotive fans and encourage an open-minded and helpful approach to being a member.
Please keep in mind: We are all here to share our knowledge and have fun! Don't forget that!
Our rules are simple, but you need to read and understand them before you start posting.
1. The "be a nice member" stuff:
2. The "what happens when you’re not nice" stuff:
- Automotive Forums (AF) is a community and you will behave in a manner that is helpful and kind to other members.
- Be nice to new members, not everyone is familiar with how a forum works and may need your assistance in guiding them.
- Be respectful of each other. AF is a global community, you will meet people with differing opinions and ideas to your own. You are welcome to debate such things, but you must do so without attacking the person.
- If you are about to post something that is flaming, attacking, or disrespectful of another member - stop. Take a deep breath and go do something else for a couple of minutes.
- All fans of any brand and model are welcome here. We are here to share and learn and participate in the community.
- The Moderators are here to help, if you have any problems and need to contact a moderator please use the report post button.
3. Use of Signatures
- By joining Automotive Forums you agree to meet our expectations of membership and be nice. If you are not, if you break any of the rules, or if you are not deemed suitable for membership you will be contacted by the Moderators.
- Any contact with the moderators is private and any communications can not be posted on the forums.
- If you are banned for a limited period of time, use that time to consider your behavior and how you may improve.
- If you are banned permanently there is no return. Attempts to rejoin will only result in you being banned again, and repeated attempts will force us to contact your ISP.
- If you are having a bad day, feeling angry or upset, or in a mood that may cause you to behave inappropriately on the forums, log out and go do something else.
- Moderators will, as seen fit, remove any objectionable material, edit or delete posts and threads etc.
4. What happens now?
- Your signature should reflect who you are, but it can not include anything offensive or objectionable.
- It may contain links to sites you own, including your own automotive business, but it can be a link only. You are not allowed to use your signature for advertising. e.g. “Go here to buy xxxxxxx.”
- We do not allow affiliate links, advertising, links to other forums, or to anything offensive or objectionable including porn. Such links will be removed and you may be banned.
5. Advertising, Spam etc
- Be nice to other members.
- Respect everyone.
- Read the stickies at the top of each forum you enter, many contain rules and guidelines specific to each sub forum
- Have fun, and if you really enjoy your time here consider becoming a premium member: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=628509
- Remember you can use the report post button to report spam, bad behavior of if you just need an online hug.
- The most important thing: We are all here to share our knowledge and have fun! Don't forget that!
- Any spam will be deleted immediately and the member banned. Spam is any unsolicited advertising of products or services.
- If you wish to advertise on Automotive Forums.com, please refer to the following page at Google AdWords for instructions on how to specify “automotiveforums.com” as the URL filter to display your ads specifically on our website: http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21716
6. The legal stuff:
- Upon the submission of each post on Automotive Forums .com you give Automotive Forums .com and/or its partners the permission to reproduce any part of your post in any form, for any purpose, and at any time.
- Automotive Forums is not responsible for copyright material posted by its members, but will take all practical steps to remove such content upon being informed of any infringement.
- You must be at least 14 to join Automotive Forums and participate in our community.
- You agree not to violate the rights of others.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You will not register with multiple identities.
- Linking or giving information about any site that distributes illegal software, ROMs, media, or emulators, seeking help to circumvent any copyright laws, admitting to possessing and/or distributing illegal copyrighted material, or encouraging software or media piracy is grounds for an immediate ban.
- The moderators and administrators have the final say on membership.