|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I am working on the ac for a 98 Chevy S10. the ac is fully charged. when I start the truck and turn on the ac it works fine. blows real cold. the problem is when you give it any gas at all it blows the 10amp fuse under the hood and the compressor kicks off.
any clues??????????? thanks |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Sounds like a wire shorting to ground when the engine rocks as you hit the gas. I would check for a wire rubbing on a bracket or something. Trace the circuit for the fuse and look for the harness laying or rubbing on something metal.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
that would make sense but you do not have to give it enough gas to rock the engine. just rev it a little and it blows.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: ac problem
hmm.. Sounds like it could be a compressor problem, since the compressor is run off of the crank... Let the car idle and turn the AC on.. Listen under the hood at the compressor, you should hear the clutch engaging and disengaging, check the harness and wiring at the compressor..
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: ac problem
yea, perhaps the compressor itself is shorting out.
__________________
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: ac problem
yes the compressor is kicking in until I give it some gas.
is it possible for the compressor to be shorting out at higher rpms? the wires look good. I'm going to try and hot wire the compressor to the battery and rev it up if that shorts then I will know its the compressor. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: ac problem
thanks for the help will post if its the compressor or not as soon as i get a chance to work on it agine. gona rain twomarrow and i have to work till sunday.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: ac problem
well I stand corrected.
BAMILLER your the winner. I was going to hot wire the compressor and I had to remove a air box to get to the plug and bingo. their were two bare wires. seams the factory chose a pore routing for the wire. so I taped it up and rerouted the wire put every thing back together and were running cool. thanks for every ones help. |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: ac problem
thats big writing...
glad you got your a/c back! |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|