-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-07-2004, 09:09 PM
miriv365 miriv365 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to miriv365
Brake Warning Light

I have 2000 Ford Mustang GT with 46,000 miles on it. Recently I have noticed that if I press my brakes really hard or suddenly, the brake warning light will briefly come on, then turn off when i begin to release the brake. I do not have any obvious loss of braking power, but I need to know if this is a serious problem, or if its something that simply happens. I don't think its the ABS kicking in because then I think that the ABS light would come on instead of the brake warning light. Does anyone have any ideas? If it is the a faulty brake system, I want to take it in right away, as I drive on Houston freeways all the time.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brake light and dashboard cleaning sailor86 Engineering/ Technical 4 12-29-2009 07:40 AM
Brake Warning Lights? Traction Off Light? ABS Light? krivasauto Intrigue 1 12-12-2009 09:17 PM
Changed brake pads now trac off light and brake warning light stay on Lotusluvver Cavalier Problem Diagnosis 1 06-28-2009 01:17 AM
Locked front brakes, brake light out, headlights gone kruqnut Problem Diagnosis 19 02-26-2009 08:49 AM
brake warning light stays on even though park brake is released in 1998 ranger john collins Ranger | Courier 2 12-04-2003 08:49 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts