-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:37 PM
mkuquvr mkuquvr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Shifting Problems Grand Prix 2001

I have a 2001 Grand Prix GTP Supercharge Special Edition 3800 4 speet auto transmission.
When I accelerate and let the trans. shift,the car is sluggish and slow to go. If I manual shift it,I can accelarate better yet not correct.The fluid is full and is clean. Can anyone help? Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
jml755 jml755 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Shifting Problems Grand Prix 2001

Sounds like my '01 GTP at around 43K miles. Ended up with a trans replacement when it got worse and worse. Though, it's been a long time and I don't remember the details of the symptoms.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jml755 For This Useful Post:
mkuquvr (05-18-2011)
  #3  
Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Scrapper Scrapper is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,723
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: Shifting Problems Grand Prix 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkuquvr View Post
I have a 2001 Grand Prix GTP Supercharge Special Edition 3800 4 speet auto transmission.
When I accelerate and let the trans. shift,the car is sluggish and slow to go. If I manual shift it,I can accelarate better yet not correct.The fluid is full and is clean. Can anyone help? Thank you.
i would still change fluid and tranny filter then take a magnet see how many shavings to got in old tranny fluid and if you find chunks time for tranny hope not.

good luck..........
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 AM
tblake's Avatar
tblake tblake is offline
In God We Trust
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,971
Thanks: 4
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via MSN to tblake
Re: Shifting Problems Grand Prix 2001

Sounds almost like a cat converter issue. How many miles are on your car?

See this post regarding cat converter warrenty on your car.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=681283
__________________
-2000 Grand Prix GTP 170,000mi (daily driver)
-2000 Olds Alero 100,000mi (soon to be DD with gas at $3.45/gal)
-1997 Chev K1500 4x4 115,000mi (Natalie's truck [nans_grandprix])


AF "2.0" Community Guidelines

Conservative Victory 2012!!!

"I'll Keep my Guns, Freedom, and Money. You can Keep the Change!"

----->>>>> Did You Know? <<<<<-----
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 AM
mkuquvr mkuquvr is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Shifting Problems Grand Prix 2001

I will give it a try and with hope I do not have to put my other trans. in. Thank you for you advise and time.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
99 Grand Prix acceleration problems MConder Grand Prix 7 12-11-2010 10:08 PM
No Dash Lights in my '01 Grand Prix Heartless1 Grand Prix 2 11-17-2010 07:41 PM
1990 Grand prix le problem Erik23512 Grand Prix 1 11-05-2010 12:14 PM
1997 grand prix anti-theft system components Konstantin Grand Prix 8 10-13-2010 10:20 AM
98 Grand Prix Wont Start, need help ASAP! atdudonis Grand Prix 3 06-17-2010 08:57 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts