Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 10:03 PM   #1
tkatka
AF Newbie

Whats the best burnout you did with your car

What the best burnout you did with your car. And tell us about it
tkatka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 03:13 PM   #2
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

It wasn't in my car, it was my friends sierra HD. some guy on a horse was riding up my street and his horse decided to shit in front of my house, so my mom told us to go and find the guy and yell at him. so we hop in the HD and when we found him, instead of yelling at him we popped it into reverse and let the 8.1L V8 do its worst. i think the horse was pretty spooked.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:37 PM   #3
Grendel
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboarder
It wasn't in my car, it was my friends sierra HD. some guy on a horse was riding up my street and his horse decided to shit in front of my house, so my mom told us to go and find the guy and yell at him. so we hop in the HD and when we found him, instead of yelling at him we popped it into reverse and let the 8.1L V8 do its worst. i think the horse was pretty spooked.
Why reverse? Lower gear or something? *shrugs*

Best burnout I did was kinda lame, I was cruisin my moms 1983 Toyota Tercel Wagon, and wanted to show my friends how I could spin the tires in it... We went behind my friends work, I reved it to the redline and dropped the clutch... Tires made a ton of noise... Left some black marks for a few feet.

That car was a POS, but it would actually do better burnouts than my Z

-Grendel
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:31 AM   #4
Jimbo_Jones
AF Enthusiast

this one was kinda kewl actually...

sitting at a set of lights in three lanes of traffic in the turning right lane of traffic, and there was a police car in the lane on the far left of us, so there was one row of cars then the police car, this was in a lowered VL so it was pretty hard for the cops to see... but while the light was red my brother arked 'em up (he used the one foot on accel. and one foot on brake) did this for about 30 seconds until the police jumped out of their car and looked for the car that was doin it... never actually caught us, but they did give us one hell of a death stare when we took off... i think they knew who it was, but i think they were just appreciateing the smoke
Old 08-03-2002, 10:39 PM   #5
Steel
AF Fanatic

hmm, my best would have to be in my pathfinder at an empty teahtre parking lot when we skipped school to go watch spiderman. Since no one was there, and the other 2 had jeeps, we were just screwing around. I was doing donuts like crazy, i went around like 5 times before i gave my tires a rest. AFter i tried a reverse burnout, but i guess those are a bad idea, casue my truck started shuddering like a bucking broncho, and would barely run after that! i thought i broke a valvespring or something, but as it turned out, the intake hose just came loose and the air sensor wasnt sensing enough air, LOL.. wow that scared the shit outta me.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #6
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
My best would be at a light in Sandy. There was a guy going straight and I was turning onto the freeway. He was right next to me trying to do a burnout in his F150 and failing miserably. So I honk at him and he looks over. I applied my parking brake, brought up the RPMs to about 5500, and then I dumped the clutch. The tires started spinning and then stating smoking, A LOT. I then released the brake and continued to sit there burning my tires. I then shut it down and the light turned green and I took off. I am just glad there weren't any cops around cause' that was a hell of a lot of smoke.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 12:04 PM   #7
lifeiscars
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lifeiscars
it wasn't actually my car, it was my dads. a 95 e320- he came home to trade cars with me and took mine out, so i decided to go out and take his for a ride. I went down a backroad near a farm. and stopped and put my foot on the brake and right foot on the gas and let it go. i peeled out for a good 30 seconds, and then i let go of the break and peeled for maybe 20 feet. the right tire peeled the most, and the left barely did. why is that? anyway that was my best
lifeiscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:01 AM   #8
King of the Road
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to King of the Road Send a message via Yahoo to King of the Road
with my dad's 190E ive done:
burnouts
peel outs
360 degres donut
slide

burnout i use to spin the wheels when i wasnt moving for like 5 seconds
peel out for 10 seconds
i did 360 degres donuts 2 times
i use to slide on the left then on the right then go straight

with the Bmw 320i of my cousin:
i slided and did a small burnout (my cousin didnt want me to wreck his car!)
Old 01-08-2003, 11:43 PM   #9
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
For all of you who like doing burnouts and taking pics and vids like me...Try this. Drop a puddle of bleach and roll the drive wheels through it, then proceed to do a burnout like normal. Creates a TON of THINK WHITE smoke! Best for me would be in the Best Buy parking lot with about 20 others cars just messing around. Dropped the bleach then burned out through third gear. I'm surprised somebody didn't call the fire department and tell them Best Buy was on fire
Old 01-09-2003, 03:06 PM   #10
Misundaztood
AF Enthusiast

Burnout...what's that?...seriously though, with my first car(89' Camaro RS modified)I did a sweet sideways once.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:44 PM   #11
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Just over a 100 feet long was only on the brakes until the speedo hit 115kph or 71mph. I dumped the clutch in second gear @ 7,500 rpm.

http://www.nissansilvia.co.nz/events...aDrags/198.jpg

R32 GTR with the 4wd fuse pulled

The marks I left at the strip from it.

http://139.81.142.25/img.php?264211theresult.jpg
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 11:49 PM   #12
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
I have had so many but I think the best one was after I went to see "The Fast and the Furious" all these civics and shit were doing these sad burnouts in the movie theather parking lot. So my friend kept eggin me on to do one. So finally I gave in, pulled my car right by the movie theather entrance, flipped on my line lock. I burned them all the way shifting to 4th then just let it burn in 4th for about 30-40 second. You couldn't see one single thing in the parking lot looked like Top Fuel Dragsters had been there. I had to buy new tires the next week

GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 02:34 AM   #13
Deniz
AF Enthusiast

the best i did was with my dad's 1.3L fiat palio. I stopped at the lights and just floored it.. i shifted 3 gears without any break... i was really impressed with that...

I put that car through hell and some more. Almost flipped couple of time because of the powerslides. also removed the lock from the handbrake lever so i could use it easier without locking. pretty mush on every corner :d
right now i have a 79 olds with 350 4bbl and it can barely do burnouts when ground is dry.. i guess its not built to do those..
Deniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 03:13 PM   #14
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Quote:
Originally posted by lifeiscars
the right tire peeled the most, and the left barely did. why is that? anyway that was my best
Unlimited slip diff! Send the power to the wheel that'll do the least good (in other words the wheel with the least grip)
In my 82, the wheels always chirp in going from 1st to second (can't handle 60hp I guess) The only time I really burned rubber was when I got the ass end stuck in a 3ft snow drift and front wheels had one hell of a time trying to pull it out!

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 09:29 PM   #15
JeffBoudah
AF Newbie

Grandma power......

this was 5 days ago, it was the last day of school (for the Sr.s) and all of got together and decided to have a burnout contest after school that day (has'nt everyone????) so before we got started we waited till the school cop had left, then we got started but as everyone else was burning off their nice price tires (especialy the guys with the super swampers on their trucks) i was at the junk yard about 2 miles from the school and picked up some decent full size spare tires and rims for $15 (about 60% treadand both were 235/70/15's) well i get back we jack up my car take of my sweet turbines (lol) pop on the steel rims and we got started, since my car has a posi they both started up.... it's about 30seconds later and i finalt take my foot of the brake, since the motor in up in it's peak torque range the tires just go and go and go, i whip a 180 and i stop the car get out (now the have been spinning for about 50 seconds) and to top it all off the tires that i got must have been a stick compund cuz all i could see was white, it took over 5 minutes for the smoke to clear once we could see and breate again we see that the two tires on the rear are completly flat, i had burned them down to the belts and past, in the drivers side you could get your finger in a hole it made! GOD I LOVE BEING A STUPID TEENAGER!
1991 Grand marquis, 3.73 posi, AOD with shift kit and 2400 stall, re-built 5.0L bored .030 over, converted to mass air, and i big cam to top it all off, all going to bbk mustang shorties, and to a full flow master 2.5" dual with an x-pipe. yet to run at the strip but surprizes the hell out of everyone!
JeffBoudah is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General