Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 05:32 PM   #46
Midnight Racer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Midnight Racer
Wow great job.Congrats.
Midnight Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 06:01 PM   #47
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
Quote:
Originally posted by wkma7six
Hawk, I won't be finishing anytime soon because I jump from one kit to another. I'm very bad at that. I'll think something takes too long or I'm waiting around for something to dry and I'll start another, but when I'm building something for someone that's paying me or there's a contest of some sort, I'll get a kit done within a week or two. Depending on how much customization there is too be done. The mustang took me 3 days for the putty to cure and took 1 hour to reconstruct the bumper and make the fender flares/side skirts and the rear tail. I'd like to finish it soon because many of the shops that have seen it think that is the only one I should finish. Classic muscle car lovers I guess. Soon enough, it willl be done. -Walter
What happened to your Hamman 360?
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 06:16 PM   #48
wkma7six
AF Regular

Flyonthewall, The 360 is being done for a customer at a local hobby shop. I was just there yesterday and the customer hasn't decided on the type of Rims he wants put on yet. I'd like to get it done already because my Revell 360 Spider is 90% done. You still remember that thing? WOW. I think I put that up 3 months ago. I will get pics when I finish. Too bad I can't keep it though.

Hawk, I just responded to Fly's post. To answer yours I would charge about 200.00 U.S. dollars for something like the Mustang with the side skirts, fender flares, Lowering job, and paint (included). Rims, kit, accesories are left up to the customer. This usually depends all on what the person wants. The Ferrari 360 that Flyonthewall is referring to is about the same price. Its got some body modifications, lowering job, aftermarket wheels and some extra engine detailing, and an Italian red paint job. Oh well there are many factors that I consider. Box stock kits like Fujimi's, I have charged 80.00 U.S. Tamiya's at about 110.00-120.00 with engine. Seems like a lot of money, but when you think about time and effort over a span of a few weeks. This ends up less than part-time wages. Just extra cash on the side. I've known people who pay a lot more for finished kits and I'm trying to be fair and within reach for working class people.
wkma7six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 06:40 PM   #49
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
Quote:
Originally posted by wkma7six
You still remember that thing? WOW.
I remeber it coz u were doing an excellent job and i fancied doing one myself. There aren't many good pics available and that's why i was impressed. I was at a car show recently and there was one there so i took the opportunity to take a couple of close up pics in case i ever get around to it. The funny thing about it was that there was a model (female type) stood next to the car, not very pretty, the stupid bitch thought i wanted pics of her and started bending over the car sticking her arse out etc Your welcome to see the pics when they get developed
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:42 PM   #50
Honoturtle
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Honoturtle
Damn u guys make me want to get my own one of these Mustangs!!!

~ 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe Sprinter ~
"Oh what a feeling.- Toyota
Honoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:49 AM   #51
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
Very nice Hawk but i'd love to see some more pics when done.
The colour and stripes look great and go together well.
Excellant looking job.

Walter...get your arse into gear and finish something:finger: :finger: ...i've been hanging out waiting for you to finish yours

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 08:22 AM   #52
Hawk312
AF Enthusiast

Pman:
Quote:
Very nice Hawk but i'd love to see some more pics when done.
I put more pics in the thread 'Eleanor pics. This time, they are legible. (warning, big post)'.

1/12th `69 Z/28 Camaro and 1/12 `67 Corvettes
Hawk312 is offline   Reply With Quote