Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 10:42 PM   #76
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
ok I don't think everyone knows what LSD does so I'll explain first off when torque is applied to the differential, the differential case will spin and throw the pinion into the pressure ring cam, ok the pressure ring is then pushed out against the clutch plates squeezing them together. Which causes the wheels to gradually lock together, depending on the power applied. Almost eliminating the wheel spin in a straight away/ hard cornering and pushes power to the wheels evenly when more power is applied to the wheels. On acceleration and deceleration, LSD provides even grip. I understand that rwd has better weight transfer, never said it didint. (Although the difference weight transfer is not as large as you think) also need to factor in the weight of a honda in comparison to other cars. I probably would have lost to a certain muscle car if it weren't for my excellent grab during my launch.
BTW- all I was trying to do was give him a suggestion for a car purchase. He asked for a nissan or a honda. (I like the ITR)
hybridsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:03 AM   #77
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Yeup, but he should really know what he is getting into, before he starts gravitating towards a certain brand...

If you really get into it, Nissan is the best Japanese manufacturer for drag racing, because of their extensive line of RWD turbocharged car, and their ridiculously overbuilt bottom ends.

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:45 AM   #78
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
I was serious Cbass...

Our Friend Hybridsol runs low 10s in his CRX with just that... a LSD and stock Steelies.

Up untill this point you never knew that about his CRX, and you thought it was some super tricked out car. Its a very simple machine. If you feel the need to argue this point, take it up with Hybrid.

So yes, it is possible.

SAF = Stock as f^ck

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:52 AM   #79
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
When you get right down to it though...What are the fastest quarter-mile cars in the world running?? There's your answer on THAT debate then. But that's not really the question at hand. He was asking which Honda/Acura, like Hybrid said. I say the SI engine just because my friend has one and he and I work on it constantly and it's the Honda I have the most experience with. He's running upwards of 20lbs and is looking for 10s this spring
Old 01-16-2003, 01:47 AM   #80
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Quote:
Originally posted by RedNeck383
I was serious Cbass...

Our Friend Hybridsol runs low 10s in his CRX with just that... a LSD and stock Steelies.

Up untill this point you never knew that about his CRX, and you thought it was some super tricked out car. Its a very simple machine. If you feel the need to argue this point, take it up with Hybrid.

So yes, it is possible.

SAF = Stock as f^ck
Actually, I did know that about his CRX, he posted a pic, and I commented on the stock steel wheels, and how they are inherently cooler than alloys.

Now, he's also running a spoon B18C5 engine with a bigass turbo, as I recall... That's an entirely forged bottom end, and it's with the giant turbo, it's flowing like hell. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I didn't say anything about steel wheels and LSD being limiting factors, in fact, a locker differential is essential to putting down power like he has. Just so happens he's got a LSD, which is good for cornering and braking as well.

What I'm interested to know, is what sort of gas he runs that engine one

Old 01-16-2003, 09:58 AM   #81
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
I say stick with a nissan ..... thier i said it go on and flame me im ready for ya:twoguns: :machinegu :aug2: :badass: :flamer: :rocket:
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 10:08 AM   #82
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNeck383
I was serious Cbass...

So yes, it is possible.

SAF = Stock as f^ck
Is the RedNeck defending the Honda driver...you guys...

*tears well up in his eyes*

...wha, WHA? THAT? That's just some dust in my eye FOO!

Anyhow, as much as I am an advocate of Hondas, I still say to go with the new Scooby STi...300HP, 305TQ...more powerful than the Japanese version (for once) because the USDM version gets the 2.5 liter flat-4 instead of the 2.0 mill (FYI: the old Porsche Turbos came with 2.3 liter flat motors...there's potential for ya).

If you had 20grand more, I'd say do a one-off project like a Civic/Integra body with a CR-V powertrain (CR-V is a Civic-based chassis, so in theory, it's AWD system can fit under a Civic/Integra chassis). Beef up the AWD, stick a turbo-charged b20 or b18 in there with 400+HP (hybridsol will show you how ), and shock everybody.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #83
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Quote:
Originally posted by carrrnuttt

Is the RedNeck defending the Honda driver...you guys...

*tears well up in his eyes*

...wha, WHA? THAT? That's just some dust in my eye FOO!

Anyhow, as much as I am an advocate of Hondas, I still say to go with the new Scooby STi...300HP, 305TQ...more powerful than the Japanese version (for once) because the USDM version gets the 2.5 liter flat-4 instead of the 2.0 mill (FYI: the old Porsche Turbos came with 2.3 liter flat motors...there's potential for ya).

If you had 20grand more, I'd say do a one-off project like a Civic/Integra body with a CR-V powertrain (CR-V is a Civic-based chassis, so in theory, it's AWD system can fit under a Civic/Integra chassis). Beef up the AWD, stick a turbo-charged b20 or b18 in there with 400+HP (hybridsol will show you how ), and shock everybody.

ya thats evan better get the sooby thats what im doing that or a BMW im just waiting for the devil to call me back we worked out a deal i think it was 22,550 for my sole
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 09:42 PM   #84
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Actually, the 930 had a 3.0 engine... Damn you, now I'm filled with 911 Turbo lust... :hehehe: Oh well, time to go play NFS5

Old 01-16-2003, 09:51 PM   #85
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

40K???

It has to be new? You're sure? Absolutely sure? You must have a new car? There is no way you'd want to buy used?

Okay.

*sighs and puts away classified for fuel injected Ferrari 308GTS*

:angel:
Old 01-17-2003, 12:37 AM   #86
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Um, how about a Lancia Stratos kit car, with a turbocharged 3.0 Alfa Romeo engine?

It should only make about 500hp, but then again, it's only 1800lbs...

http://www.aerosim-research.com/stratos/stratos.html

Old 01-17-2003, 03:52 PM   #87
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
I'll take 5!

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:11 PM   #88
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Click! :hehehe:

They originally came with Ferrari Dino V6s, making 190hp, but the competition versions sported superchargers, and dominated rally from the late 70s to early 80s... Nice little car, considering the money you pay for a replica...

Old 01-17-2003, 06:47 PM   #89
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by Cbass

What I'm interested to know, is what sort of gas he runs that engine one
I'll give you a hint its clear and formulated for high compression/ high rev. it comes in a drum and is expensive as shit.:silly2:

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 12:59 AM   #90
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

I'll give you a hint its clear and formulated for high compression/ high rev. it comes in a drum and is expensive as shit.:silly2:
Its gotta be 110-114 octane Race Fuel... But if its clear... Methanol?

I thought Race fuel was tinted blue... Hmmm

Do you order it in 55 Gallon drums?

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing