Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 01:46 AM   #61
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Send a message via AIM to GTi-VR6_A3
Quote:
Originally posted by RedNeck383
*jumps up and down*

OWNZ JOO!!!

Hahahah... I had to say it.

*shrugs* Ok, back to my reading...
sorry j but they kinda do have a point here but hahah who really cares.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-20-2002, 01:50 AM   #62
supra-rx7
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to supra-rx7
i told you, in japan there are taxi cans that are base model skylines

and come on and bring it, i doubt i will win because im only expecting 270-290rwhp when it goes to the dyno on the 4th, but im not scared to lose.

and i only bashed the skyline because everyone makes a big deal about it like its special...the only special thing about it is that it wasn't sold here
its the same class as all the other TT imports here.
of course the engines are electronically controlled...shit i check the ecu codes every week it seems with this piece of crap....its always burning the check engine light and breaking hoses...my point is, the skyline has a lot of electronic devices for things that are driver dependent in most sports cars.

and as for hybridsol, i never doubted his intelligence, i just didnt understand why he would put something about the rb26

so come on up to san fran. and on the up stop in goleta and slap my ex for me, that dirty cheatin ho!

anytime, just bring it
-j
No cats
Jmbc
12psi
86 Mazda Rx7 NA
Ported intake manifold
Intake
Turbo TII hood

"Real men get BLOWN!"
Old 12-20-2002, 01:54 AM   #63
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by supra-rx7
i told you, in japan there are taxi cans that are base model skylines

and come on and bring it, i doubt i will win because im only expecting 270-290rwhp when it goes to the dyno on the 4th, but im not scared to lose.

and i only bashed the skyline because everyone makes a big deal about it like its special...the only special thing about it is that it wasn't sold here
its the same class as all the other TT imports here.
of course the engines are electronically controlled...shit i check the ecu codes every week it seems with this piece of crap....its always burning the check engine light and breaking hoses...my point is, the skyline has a lot of electronic devices for things that are driver dependent in most sports cars.

and as for hybridsol, i never doubted his intelligence, i just didnt understand why he would put something about the rb26

so come on up to san fran. and on the up stop in goleta and slap my ex for me, that dirty cheatin ho!

anytime, just bring it
-j
thats j for ya guys. always ready to race even though he might loose. someday j when you get enough $$$ your car will get reallly friggin fast. until then keep on movin on up...

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-20-2002, 06:24 AM   #64
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Quote:
grandpa? im 18.
im not talking about the engine...sure the rb series are great motors, and i wouldnt mine one...but i'd take a 2j over it anyday..as for skylines ...they're just too over-rated here in america...all these little ricers see one and they faint. all that money just for an 4WD boxey supra with a whole bunch of electronics.

wow, copy and paste huh? i dont really see a point to this post....if u want i could go blab for hours about the 2j, 1j,7m, or the 13b even.

for the price...the skyline is not worth it, and as its car type....it is more towards a luxuary-sport car than a true sports car. i mean look at it....its a box...and this ATTESA 4 wheel steering, 4 wheel drive traction control ABS stuff.....they make those for old ppl in luxuary cars who cant drive for crap....sports car are supposed to have good drivers....if u race 2 similar cars...one with abs and traction control, the other with no forms of these, and both cars have good drivers, the one without the electronics will win.

believe it or not kiddies, u launch faster with out traction control, and u can stop faster with out ABS than with it, it just takes practice...and that is what makes a racer good. u have to be one with your car....bond with it, love it! it will become part of u, and then u will appriciate all that it can do for you
1. ABS is standard equipment on all hi performance cars produced in the states and Europe, funny that.
2. ATTESA 4 wheel steering, um what is that? ATTESA is the 4wd drive system. The HICAS is 4 wheel steering but is only active beyond 80kph and is @ .5 of a degree movement. Honda has used a simular system but it works under 20kph for parking.
4. 4wd traction control? Um *bling* No GTR has traction control. If you are refering to the vicus progressive 4wd system or ATTESA it uses throttle postion, cogs on each axle, and G-force sensors and will transmit varying percentages of torque to the front wheels based on the information recieved by these components.
5. You can stop faster without ABS? Maybe you should go and teach the F1 and Indy car drivers how to drive.
6. "the one without the electronics will win"? I guess you have never watched and understoof an F1 car, porsche, Corvette, Viper, etc.
7. Price? Maybe in the States they are over priced, but since MotoRex is the only place that can get them reg'ed you pay for that. Considering they sell for the following here. R32 GTR @ $15,000 USD, R33 GTR @ $22,000 USD, R34 @ $50,000 USD, while a 90's Mustang GT will set you back@ $40,000 USD here! I could say the same.

As far as the shape the R33 is more "boxy" than the R32. The R34 improved the look greatly. Now bearing in mind there is a factory front mounted I/C so the large grilled opening serves a purpose of performance rather than looks.

The Skyline is not the ultimate production road car, but it has set records with 3 models on the race track in stock trim. If you think an GTR is easy to drive when pushed to over 500hp I guess you have no comprehension. Push it too hard in a corner and back out of the throttle and you will unlock the lsd diffs and go right around unlike a RWD car. You have to have huge balls once you get it out of shape and put your foot into it more! You also get quite a bit of torque steer once the rear wheels break free, couple that with oversteer you better know how to drive. Unlike a true 4wd it takes a lot of understanding on how to control it. Base on your statements you haven't got a clue about the skyline. Maybe you should stick with cars you are more familiar with as all your doing is making statements about the technical information you haven't got the foggiest idea of. It is times like this I sit back and laugh.

While I may not be fully up on the Supra's or the RX's, i am however quite versed in the Skyline.
And for the record mod for mod the 2jz motor is simular to the RB26 in performance but the supra will lose out given equal drivers and mods. There are quite a few supra guys I know of who have to do twice the work to equal that of the GTR.

I should cut you some slack since your only 18, so you do have room to improve. Lets hope you use it. You wont look good spouting off technical information on a Skyline as someone with real knowledge will call you on it. Don't believe every thing you read on the net or in magazines. Hald the time they are biased and full of chit. One of my all time favourites is some knob doing testing say Nissan built factory oversteer into the car. Doh he needs to be the poster boy for birth control.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 12-20-2002, 07:06 AM   #65
Civicgurl
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Civicgurl
Quote:

isint that a skyline motor?
Old 12-20-2002, 11:42 AM   #66
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Note last two pages of thread dedicated to Skyline

I agree with Supra-RX7 in that the Skyline is just another supercar. It may have an advantage here or there, and a good track record, but don't play it up to be something it isn't.

Besides, a 996 TT would clown on it :hehehe:

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:48 AM   #67
R1-rider
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to R1-rider Send a message via AIM to R1-rider
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorgtst

Considering they sell for the following here. R32 GTR @ $15,000 USD, R33 GTR @ $22,000 USD, R34 @ $50,000 USD, while a 90's Mustang GT will set you back@ $40,000 USD here! I could say the same.
you need to double those figures to make them correct. A used R34 STD costs 78 grand, not 50.
http://www.motorex.net/m_uspricing.html
Old 12-20-2002, 11:57 AM   #68
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Those Motorex quotes are prices for the US, prices are considerably lower in Japan/Australia/NZ.

Old 12-20-2002, 10:59 PM   #69
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

I just don't think some punk with a Supra has a right to say anything about not having ABS or other "aids" until he has to live with an "un-aided" car on a daily basis. I do. It's called a 1970 MGB GT. Try living with 1.8L of iron on the nose of a car with a sub-100inch wheelbase, when there is NO POWER STEERING! Oh, and those are manual brakes, totally unboosted. Just your foot and a hydraulic pump that has to grab tiny little Girling discs up front and tinier Girling finned drums out back. Traction control? Nope. High tech on my car is a rear defroster. There's a single, finicky SU carburettor that needs torn down practically every week. (bet you're feeling fortunate to have that big old electronic aid they call "fuel injection" sitting on your lump). Have you ever double-clutched a car? I have to every time I get out of the driveway, there's no synchro on reverse. I have to match revs in the forward gears, too, because I'm running straight cut racing gears in my tranny. Hell, each time the season changes, I have to remove my wheels and grease the stub axle splines. My B has knock off wire wheels which will rust to the axles unless those splines are heavily greased. I don't have the luxury of lug nuts.

The Skyline, well, the GTR Skylines and the turbo rear-drive Skylines are nice cars. I'd like to own an R32 just for interstate cruising. They're potent, easy to tune, and very nicely styled boxes. Yes, boxes, but nicely styled boxes. The Skyline I most want though, and this'll totally deflate your already whiny argument about ricers worshipping Skylines, is the Hakosuka, or KPGC10 Skyline GT-R from 1970. This is the agile Skyline that established the racing heritage of the GT-R badge, and is a handsome little coupe to boot. The R-32 GT-R is second on my list, and third is the KPGC GT-R Skyline of 1973. This one looked a bit like a scaled down AMC Javelin with BRE style flares and spoilers. Again, a handsome car with a great racing pedigree. Next time you want to talk Skylines, try checking out the whole history of the car. You embarass yourself assuming that everyone wants an AWD R32-33-34.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:08 AM   #70
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by Cbass
Note last two pages of thread dedicated to Skyline

I agree with Supra-RX7 in that the Skyline is just another supercar. It may have an advantage here or there, and a good track record, but don't play it up to be something it isn't.

Besides, a 996 TT would clown on it :hehehe:
Finally people realise its a bit overhyped. i never said it sucked. its just played up like a friggin orchestra. And WOOHOO 996TT

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-21-2002, 12:17 AM   #71
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by GTi-VR6_A3

Finally people realise its a bit overhyped. i never said it sucked. its just played up like a friggin orchestra. And WOOHOO 996TT

-GTi-VR6_A3
yea but Cbass dosen't like anything thats not a porshe or a Rx7, so he dosent count........Porshe nazi!....j/p

:hehehe:
Old 12-21-2002, 12:34 AM   #72
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by hybridsol

yea but Cbass dosen't like anything thats not a porshe or a Rx7, so he dosent count........Porshe nazi!....j/p

:hehehe:

hahahahaha so very very true. but really can you blame him they are entoxicating (porche's that is)

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-21-2002, 01:15 AM   #73
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by GTi-VR6_A3

hahahahaha so very very true. but really can you blame him they are entoxicating (porche's that is)

-GTi-VR6_A3
porshe does own, I'll give him that.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:45 AM   #74
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by hybridsol

porshe does own, I'll give him that.
and the #'s in the group grow...

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-21-2002, 12:50 PM   #75
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Heheh, guilty as charged

Actually, I love all cars... except Trabants, as previously mentioned (HATE HATE HATE)

I'm even looking at buying a Thunderbird for highway cruising...

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing