|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Lowering cars?
My friend says his dad can lower my car for free, so i'm lookin into it. He says you can just heat the springs then they adjust or something. Also I think his dad is fairly good with cars.. but any opinions on if I should do it or not? is heating the springs unsafe? or not a good way of doing it? Thanks in advance.
__________________
Ignore the user name! 2007 Honda Civic Si, Taffeta White -Injen CAI -DC Sports Race Header -Megan Racing Cat-back Exhaust -TWM SS -shifter base & cable bushings patiently waiting for k-pro.. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
i heard that heatin them is unsafe i think you are better off cuttin them instead
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
You can cut or heat springs if your cheap. Why shouldn't you do it.... Cause good luck cutting or especially heat springs to the exact same hieght and also the same overall ratings. This will make your handling unpredictable. Do yourself a favor spend the money and buy lowering springs
__________________
R.I.P. Hypsi- Andy your one of the best people I ever had the priviledge to know. AF and the world has lost one of the truly wonderful people...
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
^couldn't have said it better myself^
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
don't ever cut springs. they will make your car even bouncer then it already is. if you want to lower your car, you buy lowering springs. you can get decent ones for under 200 if they have them for your car. then you have to upgrade your shocks to increase the dampening rate to compensate for the increased spring rate. if you don't, you'll blow your stock shocks very shortly after. esp one that is tuned as soft and for comfort like the ones found on a corrola.
__________________
303whp stock internal KA-T 94 Acura NSX Best E.T. 13.559 Best Trap speed 107.62 mph |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Don't do it!
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000 "Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!" -Tenacious D(Jack BLack)- "Official Moron Crew Founder!" |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Do not cut or alter your existing springs in any way! Bad idea. They'll be lower but you wont have them even and make your ride unstable. Lowering springs can work, but there are issues with that as well. The car was built with certain specifications, anytime you change something as intigral part of your suspension as your springs are to something outside of spec, you'll be opening up the car to damage. I know lots of people have done it to a lot of different cars. Just know that its not a "risk fee" mod.
__________________
Resistance Is Futile (If < 1ohm) |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I agree with the others, don't cut or heat the springs.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Alright, thanks everyone
I told him I didn't need it. I'd rather have a balanced car..
__________________
Ignore the user name! 2007 Honda Civic Si, Taffeta White -Injen CAI -DC Sports Race Header -Megan Racing Cat-back Exhaust -TWM SS -shifter base & cable bushings patiently waiting for k-pro.. |
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|