|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
problem with power after fixed tranny?
ok, I just got my car back from a local tranny place and now I got a question for you guys. They said it was a "sprage" that they fixed and I just picked it up and it seems like it doesnt pull as hard as it did, my boost gauge used to max at 10psi all day, now the most it will hit is 8-9. It is definetly noticeable. So my question is, is there anything they could of done that would cause loss of power when they were fixing my tranny? I checked the vac lines and they seem fine. I am so pissed I spent $1200 on the tranny and expected my car to run as it did, should I call them back or do you guys have any ideas what might be causing this, from a dig it just doesnt seem like it used too.Please help!! Thanks guys
__________________
2000 GRAND PRIX GTP RED 14.345 @97.8mph ubend delete 3in jimmyC downpipe magnaflow high flow cat Joeflo CIA (made it myself) free bypass mod 3.4 pulley from zzp Gates premium belt 1 step colder plugs zzp PCM ss 409 xl turbo mufflers |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: problem with power after fixed tranny?
We would just be speculating and too hard to tell. However, it is quite obvious if they replaced a sprag gear then the tranny was pulled. But that shouldn't affect the engine and why you have a perceived loss of power. Did they do any other work to the tranny?
Just to be sure run an engine vacuum test and see if vacuum is in spec. 15-22 in-hg.
__________________
'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8 '02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6 '99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6 '03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc '97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold) Timeslip 08/12/06 AF Community Guidelines |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|