-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Firebird Firebird is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sick of racism

I have officially had it with the place I work I can't belive that many racist ass holes can all be in one place at one time. I'm a white guy so I don't get any of it and none of my coworkers are either because my boss is a racist ass hole and would never hire a minority if he had to. I would really love to tell all of the guys I work with that they all suck ass and that I hope they burn in hell . I work in an auto parts store (one that gives discounts to good customers) so we are able to change prices both up and down so the typical thing for my co workers to do is to over charge most of the minoritys that come in unless they speak perfect english and know exactly what they want. and I get so pissed off cause they laugh about it and say it's what they deserve for not speaking english. no what they really need is to be treated with respect and not get fucked over. man it really pisses me off and the only reason I don't say anything is cause I need a job and they will work hours for me so that I can go to class and work and not get overwhelmed but as soon as I get another job I can't wait to tell them all how much they piss me off. ah thats better, everyone have a good day and remember we are all the same inside and thats all that matters. :sun:
__________________


1989 Nissan 240sx XE(coupe) stock except K&N air filter, and some of the ugliest wheels ever >.<
  #2  
Old 01-12-2003, 12:19 PM
jon@af's Avatar
jon@af jon@af is offline
The Media Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Well said. Though racism Isn't as dominate as it was in the early years, those who still believe in it are making use of their belief. And don't worry, they'll get theirs sooner or later, what goes around comes around, and if you are there to witness them in their downfall, then it makes it all the more sweet.
__________________




AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz


Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
  #3  
Old 01-12-2003, 11:30 PM
TerminalVelocity's Avatar
TerminalVelocity TerminalVelocity is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity
i'm sick of being discriminated

I was assed out of a promotion because I wasnt aminority,

I get hell from alot of people because i'm "a dumb ass white kid"

I get treated like shit at work because i'm not mexican, or black...whites and asians get the shaft there, especally sence so many illegal mexicans work there who decided to come over because they get a free ride dont work at all, ,I have to pick it up. Naimly because 80% of the supervisors are mexican, and they have the "I look after my own race" attitude

I'm sick of being the majority and always sticking up for the minority only to be treated like shit by so many of them

(1, I am not racest, I have mexican friends, and have had black friends and asain friends etc
2, the illegals told me this is why they came over, so dont start shit.
3. Untill I can walk through compton or west LA and not have to fear being killed because i'm WHITE, I wont stop saying there are color differences, naimly whites being the minority in my area.
and lastly, a black or mexican man walking through Beverly Hills, being stoped by the police...ok...put a white guy in watts, NO POLICE, he just dies.)

I fight racism, ALL racism...
__________________
My new RHD project!


Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
  #4  
Old 01-13-2003, 09:29 AM
YogsVR4's Avatar
YogsVR4 YogsVR4 is offline
Funding the welfare state
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I can't imagine anyone here admitting they are racist. And I hope no one is. I do know that I've had had a few “discussions “ between my fists and the face of those who disparage my wife. Not to often, but it happens. She tells me she runs into it when she’s out and about and she says she sees it more in metropolitan areas then here in a small northern town. She stands up for herself as best she can, but one small woman can only do and say so much safely.













__________________
Resistance Is Futile (If < 1ohm)
  #5  
Old 01-13-2003, 11:38 AM
freakray freakray is offline
AF Modelrater
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,894
Thanks: 18
Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
I grew up in South Africa(please note: I was NOT born there), so I have seen racism taken to a whole new level.
You may not know and I doubt you want to hear it, but there are as many racist african people as there are white people.....and you can't just blame apartheid.
Some people use their position to empower themselves over another ethnicity, I have seen it happen on a daily basis.
I have stood in a line at a grocery store, where the cashier was african, there were other african folk waiting to be served, but I had been waiting the longest, I was served last!! Because I was white, I had to wait longer and they were served ahead of me.
Do you see the picture I am painting here?
I have even had PM's on here from people calling me a racist bastard because they found out where I grew up, what is wrong with that?

I am not racist, I even speak some African languages, but I get angry being treated different because I am white.
I get treated different in America because I have an accent, people I work with make fun of it, that is discrimination too, just like racism, and the best is, I am American.

Ray
__________________
AF User Guidelines
  #6  
Old 01-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Graphik Styles's Avatar
Graphik Styles Graphik Styles is offline
Sikh Pride
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Graphik Styles
im brown (sikh, the religion that wears turbans....i my self dont wear one)........you know what im pissed off about.........im pissed off about how just cause of the 9/11 attacks everyone thinks its us cause Osama wears a turban........................Man where i live many of our temples were destroyed by people who attacked our religion cause they couldnt see past the fact that we wore a turban.............................MAN FUCK THAT............IT FUCKIN PISSES ME OFF.......
__________________
Formerly known as De$i Gank$ta


Current Status:100%
New Project:Audi Chop
Currently Working On:Nothing
Current Mods: Everythings done
Link:Click Here
  #7  
Old 01-13-2003, 09:56 PM
freakray freakray is offline
AF Modelrater
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,894
Thanks: 18
Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
Desi,
It's amazing how ignorance breeds intolerance.
I thought the way the Sikh wore their turban was different to the Muslim manner....I may be wrong.
Either way, associating every other person that wears a turban with one crazy guy is wrong.....I am sorry to hear what you go through and understand your anger.

Ray
__________________
AF User Guidelines
  #8  
Old 01-14-2003, 02:23 AM
Toksin's Avatar
Toksin Toksin is offline
Non-profit Organisation
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,854
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Toksin
freakray: I was born in South Africa, I lived there til March 99 when I moved to NZ, I know exactly what you're talking about. I came here and people immediately assumed I was racist just because I was South African. My family is racist and I can't stand it, and this country, no matter what they say, is racist. It's discrimination here, people of minority groups get all these extra things given to them without having to do anything, if a majority wants part of that they have to jump through a million loops, or they get a flat out NO.Come to think of it, don't even get me started on this government, I'll wear my keyboard out... Don't get me wrong, I'm not racist, I've got friends from many different ethnic groups, and I can't stand it when people I know talk about the "fucking kaffirs/coconuts/curry munchers" etc, it just pisses me off no end...

As firebird said, on the inside we're all the same

*edit*I am white btw
__________________
  #9  
Old 01-14-2003, 02:45 AM
Jimster's Avatar
Jimster Jimster is offline
Here for the pussy, man.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
I am a white New Zelander.


My parents are both extremely racist- They hate everybody who isn't from Europe, North/South America, the Carribean South Africa or Australaia/NZ.


They don't like many Maori people- they think they are mostly whingers and crims.

They don't like Asians- for some true reasons- But they are stereotypes that can't be applied to all of them.

My dad even refuses to hire Asians- thier friends are all the same.


It is funny when my mother bitches about immigrants..................In her Itallian accent
__________________
Check out my Pride and joy in AF- and discuss your favourite Alfa Romeo

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
  #10  
Old 01-14-2003, 08:41 AM
YogsVR4's Avatar
YogsVR4 YogsVR4 is offline
Funding the welfare state
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster
They don't like many Maori people- they think they are mostly whingers and crims.
I am not familiar with the term "whingers and crims" or is that two different terms?













__________________
Resistance Is Futile (If < 1ohm)
  #11  
Old 01-14-2003, 10:56 AM
freakray freakray is offline
AF Modelrater
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,894
Thanks: 18
Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
Yogs,
A whinger is somebody that whines a lot and complains nothing is going 'their' way.
A crim is just short for a criminal....

I am glad this thread was started, it is interesting to hear all of your feelings and experiences when it comes to racism......especially how many of you hate it, that is a good start to getting rid of racism.

Ray
__________________
AF User Guidelines
  #12  
Old 01-14-2003, 11:42 PM
Firebird Firebird is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well I'm kinda suprised that my little post prompted such a wide variety of responces. to tell you the truth I never really thought much about racism untill I took a sociology course last semester in college about "racial and ethnic relations" it really opened my eyes to the kinds of things that members of minorites have gone through, some even brought about by the goverment that said it would protect them (bastards) . anyway now when I look at the way people treat other people I am shocked, and I never would have been in the past I just would have ignored it, which (even though we won't admit) is taught to us (mainly white americans) all the way from childhood by the actions we see in our parents, peers, and media. In Soc. this is called the "cultural transmission theroy". Of which I belive in very strongly. here's an example: think of when you were a kid watching cartoons, ever seen "speedy Gonzalez"? on the surface you may not notice it. but if you pay attention he represents many of the stereotypes that surround mexican american people; such as his very quick and (sometimes) very broken english, furthermore his friend (who name I can't remember, I think it was Pepe.?) is always sleeping and/or getting drunk. Most people never even notice these things in these cartoons, because we have been subjected to them our whole lives, but the younger generations that see these cartoons are born having no ideas of racism or stereotypes, and then they see things like this, and then we as a society wonder why racism won't dissapper. I think the answer is obvious we allow too much stereotypical and racist additudes to be seen by our youth. and even though "speedy gonzalez" is not responsable for all of the racism that exists, it is a contributer of this behavior. so in closing if you have kids or plan to have kids becareful as to what you say around them, or let them view because even if you don't think they will get these "hidden" messages THEY WILL! and racism will always exist in a society that does nothing to resolve it. Have a good day everyone, and remember our uniqueness should draw us toward one another not push us appart. (I apologize for this posts length I let my mind wander too much )
__________________


1989 Nissan 240sx XE(coupe) stock except K&N air filter, and some of the ugliest wheels ever >.<
  #13  
Old 01-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Graphik Styles's Avatar
Graphik Styles Graphik Styles is offline
Sikh Pride
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Graphik Styles
Quote:
Originally posted by freakray
Desi,
It's amazing how ignorance breeds intolerance.
I thought the way the Sikh wore their turban was different to the Muslim manner....I may be wrong.
Either way, associating every other person that wears a turban with one crazy guy is wrong.....I am sorry to hear what you go through and understand your anger.

Ray
yo we do wear our turbans a different way..........but dumbshits cant see that...........all they can see is the fact that we have sumthing on our heads so they automatically think that were part of the taliban...........this pisses the fukin hell outta me......fuckin shits
__________________
Formerly known as De$i Gank$ta


Current Status:100%
New Project:Audi Chop
Currently Working On:Nothing
Current Mods: Everythings done
Link:Click Here
  #14  
Old 01-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Diesel2NR's Avatar
Diesel2NR Diesel2NR is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 963
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Diesel2NR Send a message via Yahoo to Diesel2NR
I'm a white American, and not to piss anyone off, but look over to the left of this message. That flag is also in the back window of the Camaro. Just because I fly that flag to my heart's content doesn't mean I hate all "African Americans". The truth of the matter is that most "blacks" at my school hate me more than I hate them. If they wouldn't try to push me around because I'm white, I wouldn't hate them. Now, not all colored people are bad. Hell, my aunt is black and she's one of the coolest people I know (and drives a bad toyota celica). I had a black cop save me when I was being jumped by a "gang" of blacks. If I wasn't given reason to hate someone, do you think I would? I give everyone a chance, as long as their pants are sagging and they aren't calling me "cuz" or their "nigga". I get sick of that crap. And Desi, if people think that ALL muslims hate america, they have to be the most dumbassed bunch of idiots in this world. I know a couple of muslims (one born in Iran) than are some of the best people I know.

If this pisses you off, :finger4: . You all are the ones who brought it up.
__________________
  #15  
Old 01-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Graphik Styles's Avatar
Graphik Styles Graphik Styles is offline
Sikh Pride
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Graphik Styles
Quote:
Originally posted by 94 Mustang GT
I'm a white American, and not to piss anyone off, but look over to the left of this message. That flag is also in the back window of the Camaro. Just because I fly that flag to my heart's content doesn't mean I hate all "African Americans". The truth of the matter is that most "blacks" at my school hate me more than I hate them. If they wouldn't try to push me around because I'm white, I wouldn't hate them. Now, not all colored people are bad. Hell, my aunt is black and she's one of the coolest people I know (and drives a bad toyota celica). I had a black cop save me when I was being jumped by a "gang" of blacks. If I wasn't given reason to hate someone, do you think I would? I give everyone a chance, as long as their pants are sagging and they aren't calling me "cuz" or their "nigga". I get sick of that crap. And Desi, if people think that ALL muslims hate america, they have to be the most dumbassed bunch of idiots in this world. I know a couple of muslims (one born in Iran) than are some of the best people I know.

If this pisses you off, :finger4: . You all are the ones who brought it up.
No man i totally agree with you.........and yea i know that all people arent ignorant bastards but as you know some are.................................

and btw im not muslim just so you know
__________________
Formerly known as De$i Gank$ta


Current Status:100%
New Project:Audi Chop
Currently Working On:Nothing
Current Mods: Everythings done
Link:Click Here
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts