-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Meridivs's Avatar
Meridivs Meridivs is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 202
Thanks: 28
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trans Sport average life

How many miles would a typical Trans Sport go before needing his first engine/trasmission rebuild?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
chris_eitniear's Avatar
chris_eitniear chris_eitniear is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to chris_eitniear
Re: Trans Sport average life

Well, my '93 has 185,000 miles and still runs like a top. The most expensive thing I ever did to it was replace the alternator about 5 years ago. But, as with any vehicle, it depends on how well its maintained as to how long it will last.
__________________
'07 Buick Lucerne
'99 Jeep Wrangler
'65 Ford Mustang Coupe
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
guido0136 guido0136 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Trans Sport average life

My 1993 with a 3.8 has 338,000 KM on it and it runs quite well. Hard Idle but I have found the the series one of the 3800 always had a rough idle. (I owned a 1991 Park Avenue with the series one 3800 and it had a rough idel as well - it went to 340,000 before I sold it (in good shape) for a 1990 Lumina APV) I always change the oil between 5000-7000 KM and never let a strange noise go un-attended.

The 3.1 engines from 1990 to about 1993 or 1994 only went on average 300,000 KM. I had a 1990 Lumina with the 3.1 and at 290,000 it pretty much kicked the bucket. I blame the 3 speed tranny. RPM's too high for a 3.1 engine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
'97ventureowner's Avatar
'97ventureowner '97ventureowner is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,311
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Re: Trans Sport average life

I've seen some in my area that have over 200,000 miles and some close to 300,000 miles on them. They were well built and as member chris_eitniear said in the post above a lot depends on how well taken care of can greatly influence a vehicle' lifespan.
__________________
Thought for the Day… Alcohol does not make you fat - It makes you lean... against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.



If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 PM
daman daman is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 315
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Trans Sport average life

properly serviced regularly it'll go for a long time, my '95 has 180,000miles and
runs super,love it not one problem with it..
__________________
1999 GMC 3500 SRW 4x4 7.4 4:10's FF G80
2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 3800

"ALWAYS"...... full synthetic!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2007, 07:41 PM
StLouisJohn StLouisJohn is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Trans Sport average life

I am on my 3rd Trans Sport.

The first was a '93 -- I traded that in on a different car, and regretted doing so.

The second was a '95. It had about 160,000 miles on it when an idiot pulled out in front of me and I T-Boned him at highway speed. Air Bags are a good thing, I walked away without a scratch.

I have another '95 now. It currently has 180,000 miles and runs beautifully. It does have a few problems which I am going to post about, but none that I think is major.

Seeing these posts about the number of miles people rack up on these loveable tanks makes my heart sing!

Cheers,

John
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts