|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Tamiya PS for kits?
Are the Tamiya PS line of paints okay for kits? Or they are only meant for RC poly bodies?
__________________
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Tamiya PS for kits?
They are only meant for polycarbonate bodies but will probably work on styrene too. The main thing about that line of paint is it is not gloss paint.
__________________
There is a lesson in every kit. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Tamiya PS for kits?
I have used their color change PS and cleared it with Tamiya clear. It was a great success and I would do it again!
Mark |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Tamiya PS for kits?
I've used the Pactra brand of paints for Polycarbonate RC bodies before with very good success. I would assume that the Tamiya brand PS paints would work also. They just have to be cleared and I suggest a good primer coat prior to painting.
__________________
Eric Cole Other Model Pictures Here: http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/justdande/ |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Tamiya PS for kits?
a good LAQUER SAFE AUTOMOTIVE primer should be used, as this kind of paint is of the "SELF ETCHING" type and will destroy poly styrene if not carefully applied (REALLY THIN COATS and let each coat dry thoroughly)
__________________
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Tamiya PS for kits?
Awesome! Thank you all for the replies and advice. I really appreciate them.
rsxse240, So don't use Tamiya primer at all?
__________________
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|