-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Register FAQ Community
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:30 PM
webuser webuser is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Renting vs Own for long drives

I have 2001 honda civic with 120k miles and still running good. I have plan to go 5 long drives this summer and little confused to take my own car OR rent car.

if I take my car it will be adding 5*1200=6,000miles in 5 weekends + wear n tare.

if I take rental car it cost 5*120(incl insurances)=$600 in 5 weaks to trade off 6k milage in my own car

Which is the best option? $600 or 6k milage, which is the most expensive affair out of these two?

Any ideas?

Last edited by webuser; 07-20-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: format
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2007, 06:21 PM
00accord44's Avatar
00accord44 00accord44 is offline
High on Potenuse
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,575
Thanks: 320
Thanked 407 Times in 346 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Re: Renting vs Own for long drives

I always prefer putting extra miles on somebody else's car rather than my own but thats just me. As a matter of fact, I have to drive from chicago to florida and back next weekend and I'm getting a rental instead of putting the extra 2K on my accord.

See if you can rent a hybrid and save some money on gas. I believe Hertz rents hybrid camrys
__________________
ECNATSISER AL AVIV

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2007, 12:55 AM
AudioGuy93DelSol's Avatar
AudioGuy93DelSol AudioGuy93DelSol is offline
NA is Best!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,506
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to AudioGuy93DelSol
Re: Renting vs Own for long drives

When I move next month I'm renting a car and towing mine. I vote you thrash a rental.
__________________
Oil leak? What oil leak? That puddle under the car is just sweat from all that horsepower.

"How many NASCAR passes is that worth? 500?" (Schumacher passing Raikkonen)

Emily is amazing, and she messed with my sig AGAIN!

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts