|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
GTO vs. Impala SS
It was like a 98, 99 Impala SS and it sounded nice. I was at a light and the car pulls up next to me, two young looking dudes looking over at me. The driver starts inching forward, then a bit more then a bit more. Light is still red. I drop it in 1st, hit the TC off and hammer the gas, wheels kick free and Im smoking and screeching the tires a bit, I ease off and pull nose to nose with them. That should put them in thier place right? nope, they start reving.
Light goes green and we both peel off the line screetching tires madly. ( I totally blew it just sat there spinning). I fuck up again and let the revs climb too high to 5500 and shift to second. When this happens 2nd kicks in high and the tires break loose again. usually I roll off on 1st and short shift in order to keep the rear planted. So im spinning again in 2nd and the Impala is gaining on me, I shift to third and the tires bite down. I pulled like 2 cars then in 4th I just got away like maybe 6 or 7 car lengths. they turned and went down another road. Bad driving and bad traction on my part. Oh well at least their car looked very nice and sounded primo! and I still got the win.
__________________
![]() 06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake, Ported Intake Manifold, Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete. Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq. 07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package. In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby: Quote:
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GTO vs. Impala SS
Nice race,
might have been a fake SS. They made an SS impala 94-96 and i believe it had the LT1 engine in it. Then they made it again in 2003 with the 3800 Supercharged. Finally in 06 they came back with the V8 303 FWHP version. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GTO vs. Impala SS
Nice race Mushman.
__________________
The bad, and the ugly. '91 318is - '02 330Ci - Bone stock - for now |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GTO vs. Impala SS
nice kill man
__________________
96 3000gt vr4 -K&N FIPK -Proboost mbc -Cusco front + rear strut bars -Greddy type-s -ATR downpipe -no cats -15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly. Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GTO vs. Impala SS
good kill
__________________
1987 Mercedes Benz 190D turbodiesel -5 speed transmission swap |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GTO vs. Impala SS
I'm pretty sure those have a 3.4 litre V6 that they put in the Buick Century, and the SS was just pretty much all appearance in the newer ones like that. Now the 06's and 07's have the 305's in them with the displacement on demand, and those fuckers will move.
Way to put the chump in his place on the food chain though
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GTO vs. Impala SS
Quote:
I doubt the 5.3 in the Impala is making 303 wheel horsepower, it's rated at 303hp. Probably closer to 250fwhp... ftw of torque steer. All that power, and it's still going through a 4-speed automatic... c'mon GM, get with the program. I mean, we're JUST now getting 6-speed automatics in the Corvettes, and Cadillac Escalades. Seriously... the GTO should of had a 6-speed auto option with the 6-speed manual.
__________________
2003 Chevy 1500HD - Hauler 1971 Chevy Camaro RS - Track Car User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: GTO vs. Impala SS
Quote:
It really doesnt take much to tranform a Caprice Classic into a SS. Just got to make sure to paint it the right color, some badges, and some 17 inch knock off Impala rims, and BAM!!! you pimpin in yo "96 big body sittin on chrome"....
__________________
![]() 358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|