-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-09-2002, 02:18 PM
mikey_944 mikey_944 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to mikey_944
Lightbulb Converting the doors?

I have an '84 Porsche 944 that I am restoring into a show car. My only problem is the doors. I am converting the doors into a new style and need input. My biggest desire is to convert them into "gullwing" doors. However, anybody who knows anything about 944s and gullwing doors (hey, that rhymes) would know that the moonroof gets in the way. So, my next choice is "flip forward" style doors. However, again I might run into a small problem: the front fenders flare out and might get in the way. So, last but not least, I should choose "lambo" doors.

Another questions remains... does anybody have a photo of a 944 with different style doors? Does it even exist? Let's see it!

Anybody know of any people/places that might sell kits THAT FIT A 944? I might have to do it myself.

- Mikey
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2002, 08:07 AM
Cbass's Avatar
Cbass Cbass is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,892
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
No, but I know that Hamann did conversions on BMW M3 doors, to make them scissor type(lambo). They might be able to provide some info...

http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/homee.htm

http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/specials_e.htm
__________________


Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts