-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
tigeraid's Avatar
tigeraid tigeraid is offline
Authorized Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Surprisingly, this is the first B-Body sedan I've made other than my own! Based off the Impala SS kit, with the moldings shaved and bumpers smoothed.

Window trim detailed with a Sharpie, wheels are 9C1 Police wheels from modelhaus.com. License plate and skunk stripes are my own custom decals.

Taillights and headlights were blacked out with Tamiya "Smoke," with SS fender badges from a Camaro SS kit. Mirrors were relocated to the A-pillars as with all 95-96 B-Bodies.

Interior is stock Impala SS, apparently HVYCHVY will be doing that swap in the near future...

Engine is from a Monogram '93 Z28 pacecar kit (as those who followed the work in progress thread are aware, the Impala kit's engine is poorly detailed)... Fabricated the RAISS cold-air induction pan out of sheet styrene with an S&B conical filter.

Guess that's about it. Interior is grey, exterior is Dupli-color GM Ultra Silver, just like the real car. Comments welcomed!









__________________



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
tigeraid's Avatar
tigeraid tigeraid is offline
Authorized Vendor
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

geez, that bad guys?
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
bb0yATL's Avatar
bb0yATL bb0yATL is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Well, I never cared for the car myself. Now if it was a Mercury Marauder with a Supercharger decked out like a secret service car, I'd love it. But the model itself looks pretty good!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
NissanSkylineGTR98's Avatar
NissanSkylineGTR98 NissanSkylineGTR98 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,421
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to NissanSkylineGTR98
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Nice work, I dunno why but i've always sort of liked this car, maybe because Rob Halford owns one?
__________________
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2007, 06:23 PM
blueboost's Avatar
blueboost blueboost is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,618
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

nice clean work man.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
tigeraid's Avatar
tigeraid tigeraid is offline
Authorized Vendor
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Thanks
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
mikemechanic's Avatar
mikemechanic mikemechanic is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,071
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraid
geez, that bad guys?
Yeah John, it's awful. Looks great. How did you smoke the lenses? Was it airbrushed on the inside or the outside or did you brush it? I'd like to see a better picture of those wheels, do you have any pics of them without the paint? Did they come with the centers? Looks like a great representation of the 1:1.

Mike.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Dave5.0's Avatar
Dave5.0 Dave5.0 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Nice work John, under the hood looks great...good choice to kit bash for a better detailed engine.

I don't know if its the light or maybe just silver, but you don't get much relfection in the pics. I think its taking away from the overall build?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2007, 11:55 AM
tigeraid's Avatar
tigeraid tigeraid is offline
Authorized Vendor
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Well, it may very well be my photography skills, but I also haven't laid a coat of wax on it yet? Probably has something to do with it. It gets a decent shine.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM
quadzero's Avatar
quadzero quadzero is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,519
Thanks: 3
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to quadzero
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

I think this is a pretty cool car. You don't see many in model form but good to see yours in this scheme. The black graphics really add a lot to this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-2007, 01:43 AM
rod_k2's Avatar
rod_k2 rod_k2 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 560
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to rod_k2
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

After you wax it you will put some pix,right?? Because that is looking GREAT!! I looooove impalas!!
If I lived I would buy one model of yours,because my skills are cra.....
It's looking awesome!!!
__________________

"Oh noez,it has more stickers than me! And a wing too!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-2007, 12:49 PM
tigeraid's Avatar
tigeraid tigeraid is offline
Authorized Vendor
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: COMPLETE: Customer's 1995 Caprice SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod_k2
After you wax it you will put some pix,right?? Because that is looking GREAT!! I looooove impalas!!
If I lived I would buy one model of yours,because my skills are cra.....
It's looking awesome!!!
Heh, well I appreciate the kind words, your work is pretty impressive too, don't sell yourself short. I ended up sending it to the customer without a wax as I was afraid the decals weren't fully set yet, an he was anxious to get his hands on it. I explained to him how and where to apply the wax, so hopefully I can get him to take some pics, even outside.
__________________



Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts