|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
P0443
Hi All, I got this code and I would appreciate it if someone can tell me where is best to look. Thank you
P0443 - Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: P0443
sounds like the purge valve is not working. or short in wires. might be able to help with a location if you tell me the year of car.
__________________
Disclaimer: I am not perfect, i may be wrong in my advice from time to time. Also note that any advice given is as is with no warranty whatsoever, and i have zero liability if you get hurt for not being safe while working on your vehicle. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: P0443
your profile shows your car is a 01 impala. The purge control valve/solenoid is located in the following locations:
3.8 vin-K= just in front of upper plenum, slightly toward passenger side 3.4 vin-E= just behind throttle body on drivers side of upper plenum check the wiring for loose/dirty/corroded connections and hard plastic vacuum lines for cracks/burnt areas/obvious problems before replacing the valve itself.
__________________
![]() Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: P0443
I agree it sounds like a flaky purge solenoid.
The DTC is a Cannister Purge Solenoid Circuit Fault, meaning electrical related. The P0443 DTC sets because the output driver has failed the electrical integrity check. The output state is invalid. Always a good idea to troubleshoot the problem first before replacing parts. I believe the poster has a SII 3800. ![]() Purge Solenoid Location SII 3800
__________________
'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8 '02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6 '99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6 '03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc '97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold) Timeslip 08/12/06 AF Community Guidelines |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: P0443
It's the 3.8 and I'll try changing it. Thank you
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|