-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-17-2006, 04:25 PM
jeepgclwj's Avatar
jeepgclwj jeepgclwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 970
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Death by Lexus Is 300

I was driving down the interstate when I witness a race between a Lexus Is 300 and a 80-90ish GT Mustang conv.. I was running about 70 when they flew by me at around 90-100 mph...The Lexus had a 5 car lead on the Stang when they passed me...I go ahead and give chase and catch up to the slowed down Lex after passing the beat down Stang...



I only pace him for about 30 seconds since I was sure he knew why I had come up fast on him...I get right beside him and give it a little gas and he goes. I floor it and kept it floored until he let off at a litle over 110mph....He had no more than 3/4 length on me from the jump....he gave me thumbs up and I went home smiling.....thats the first time I have driven my Jeep that fast and I must say it was still pulling pretty hard and felt great...
__________________

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-17-2006, 04:31 PM
jeepgclwj's Avatar
jeepgclwj jeepgclwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 970
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

The run was from 70 to 110...
__________________

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-17-2006, 10:46 PM
CivRacer95's Avatar
CivRacer95 CivRacer95 is offline
srs biznis
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,658
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Not bad. I believe the IS300's run somewhere in the low 15's to high 14's range stock. Considering you're driving an mid-size SUV, you did pretty good.

Taking a look at your mods, that Jeep must sound pretty nice at WOT, doesn't it? Bet it gives a good grumble. Good race.
__________________
AF Guidelines. Read and play nicely :
Just Click Here!



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-17-2006, 10:49 PM
KamilMk's Avatar
KamilMk KamilMk is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 602
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Good death, I guess...

My friend owns a IS300, pretty nice looking, and decently fast car, gotta admit... I asked him if he would run me, he took it as if I was joking, so I made it look like I was, but I really wasn't, though...
__________________
The bad, and the ugly.

'91 318is
-


'02 330Ci
- Bone stock - for now
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:03 PM
2000LS1Z28 2000LS1Z28 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Good run. I've heard the new IS350's are pretty freaking stout (Magazines have tested them to a high 13 sec. 1/4 mile). The old IS300 was a low 15 sec. car stock, but they were primarily designed for good cornering characteristics.
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder
Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:13 PM
CivRacer95's Avatar
CivRacer95 CivRacer95 is offline
srs biznis
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,658
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Good run. I've heard the new IS350's are pretty freaking stout (Magazines have tested them to a high 13 sec. 1/4 mile). The old IS300 was a low 15 sec. car stock, but they were primarily designed for good cornering characteristics.
That's just what they say about all the slow cars...pfftt.

"Good cornering characteristics".... Kidding. I do like the IS300's. I think they are good looking cars.
__________________
AF Guidelines. Read and play nicely :
Just Click Here!



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:51 PM
BP2K2Max's Avatar
BP2K2Max BP2K2Max is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Good run. I've heard the new IS350's are pretty freaking stout (Magazines have tested them to a high 13 sec. 1/4 mile).
yeah those things are sweet, it sucks they're only available in automatic.
__________________
BP's Rides;
- 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R- Mods: ECU Jumper, Akrapovic Slip-on, Power Commander III, 8000K HID's.
- 2K2 Maxima 6 Speed-Mods: Advanced Timing, Cattman Cat-back Exhaust, H&R Springs, Tokico Illumina Struts, Konig Theory 19" Rims.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2006, 03:55 PM
jeepgclwj's Avatar
jeepgclwj jeepgclwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 970
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivRacer95
Not bad. I believe the IS300's run somewhere in the low 15's to high 14's range stock. Considering you're driving an mid-size SUV, you did pretty good.

Taking a look at your mods, that Jeep must sound pretty nice at WOT, doesn't it? Bet it gives a good grumble. Good race.



It is really nice sounded when I get on it. I get alot of compliments on the sound even at idle....Not alot of ppl around here are modding Grand Cherokees...I cant wait to get the intake and cams....
__________________

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-24-2006, 08:33 AM
jeepgclwj's Avatar
jeepgclwj jeepgclwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 970
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

I am going to go to the track today and get me some times....I hope I'm in the low 15's but thats wishful thinking I'm sure.....
__________________

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Chiquae07's Avatar
Chiquae07 Chiquae07 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

well, too bad im a day late. but when u go to the track, take out the back seats seriously. my friends old rain buddy had one of those v8 jeep cherokees and with the typhone intake and a straight back exhaust, ran a 14.3. i believe he used the brake gas launch. it was mean.
__________________
2008 Mazda 6 ATX 2.3 Liters of Slowness

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
ANORXIC'51's Avatar
ANORXIC'51 ANORXIC'51 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

I've been murdered by one while I was in St. Paul,MN. Went from a roll at about 60 and once I heard a bov..I knew I was in for it.
Left me in 4th, by the time I hit 100 he was 6 cars in front.

Come to find out he has the single turbo setup for his 2jz...oh well.
__________________
Project "Fat Bastard takes Pilates"
'86 951: Guru 18psi v9 chips, 3.0 bar fpr, Reliaboost mbc, vented nosepanel, K&N filter, Lindsey A/F ratio & inj. duty cycle meter, Tial 38mm, Spec Stg 2 clutch, dumped wastegate, manual sport seats, gutted cat, a/c delete, windshield wiper/washer system delete, pop-up headlight delete, EXTENSIVE sound deadening/ carpet delete, rear wiper/hatch release delete.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Muscletang's Avatar
Muscletang Muscletang is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,465
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
I was with dad one time and a kid pulled up in a brand new one (we were in the rich part of town) and he had the Snoop Dog full blast and reved.

Long story short he got killed.
__________________
For a long time it gave me nightmares... witnessing an injustice like that... it's a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be... I can still hear them taunting him.......

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:17 PM
jeepgclwj's Avatar
jeepgclwj jeepgclwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 970
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Well I never got a chance to take it on the track, but I did get chance to watch alot of other cars line up....Alot of it is reaction time, once I would get going its floored all the way....I couldnt get my receiver off my Jeep and I was alone soI kinda just checked things out. That receiver has to wiegh about 50-60 lbs....I will take my back seat out as well...

What kinda Jeep did your friend drive? 99-04 GC with the 4.7 in it....In 98 they had a 5.9 liter and that motor has balls....
__________________

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Chiquae07's Avatar
Chiquae07 Chiquae07 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

lets find out. ill find out the year unless the body styles are the same. most likey it wasnt a 98 though, as the grilles im the front that year are slightly different.
__________________
2008 Mazda 6 ATX 2.3 Liters of Slowness

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-27-2006, 08:57 PM
jeepgclwj's Avatar
jeepgclwj jeepgclwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 970
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Death by Lexus Is 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiquae07
lets find out. ill find out the year unless the body styles are the same. most likey it wasnt a 98 though, as the grilles im the front that year are slightly different.


body styles def. not the same...the 98 with the 5.9 has hood vents on it and has more of a box front end as with all 90's-98...


wouldnt mind having one of those 5.9 jeeps...with the right stuff can run 13's easy....as with anything I guess
__________________

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts