-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

I'm still trying to figure why I decided to do this. Anyhow, I was driving to work and as I am coming to my turn to get onto State Street this ass in a Prius need to get into the lane. He tries to change lanes until he finds there is another car next to him and jerks back into his lane. I back off to let him in and he takes forever and ends up blocking traffic. This annoyed that crap out of me. I went around him after the turn and gave it a good amount of throttle. For some reason unknown to me he got the idea that he could keep up and once I had slowed back down to about 50MPH he decided to try and get in front of me and act like a tool. I decided to be a tool back and make sure he didn't get in front of me. We end up next to each other and he needs to be in the lane I'm in. In front of me is a semi and he has an open lane. The lane next to me is open. He floors it and I floored it as well and took the left lane and got in front of the semi before the Prius. When he finally got around the semi it seemed as though I had been in front of it the entire time and the look on his face was priceless. He just didn't understand.

I guess it's a good thing I did the free boost mod, otherwise I don't think I could have taken him.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2006, 01:55 PM
-Jayson-'s Avatar
-Jayson- -Jayson- is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

gotta watch out for those priuses, they can suprise you every now and then
__________________
2009 Ninja 650 R
stock for now...

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 PM
VR43000GT's Avatar
VR43000GT VR43000GT is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,091
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

That was your first kill with the Stealth?

Oh well, at least your getting started with it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Igovert500's Avatar
Igovert500 Igovert500 is offline
blue + red light magnet
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Classic!
__________________
96 3000gt vr4
-K&N FIPK
-Proboost mbc
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Well, it would have been a newer Civic Si hatch had I gone for it a few days ago but I felt he wasn't worth the fuel. This guy just pissed me off so I was mainly being a dick rather than racing.

I just thought it was funny how this guy thought his Prius could keep up with anything let alone my Stealth.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Gotian Gotian is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,680
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Gotian
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

man you gotta finish that baron so we can hear funnier stories cause I know that thing will make people flip since it looks old and people will figure "eh too easy"
__________________
"Your car is a wind up toy" - Coworker into american cars
"Why cause it's an import?" - me
"No, cause its a rotary and it spins, d'uh" - coworker
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-31-2006, 07:11 PM
TatII TatII is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

wow that person actually thought a prius was quick?

remember what jermey clarkson said about the prius? it said that if your in a quiet neigborhood and no kid would hear you coming when hes in the street trying to get his ball..... oh wait!! this car is so slow that the kid would get the ball wait and go thru puberty and then still you wouldnt' get there in time to hit him!!

that was hilarious.
__________________
303whp stock internal KA-T
94 Acura NSX


Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotian
man you gotta finish that baron so we can hear funnier stories cause I know that thing will make people flip since it looks old and people will figure "eh too easy"
No worries. The GTC is an ongoing project and I plan to be at around 350 WHP when it is done. It is still insured so I plan to drive it at least once a week. No sense it letting it just sit there. Besides, it just got the exhaust done. I need to play with my new toy and add the other toys I bought this summer to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
wow that person actually thought a prius was quick?

remember what jermey clarkson said about the prius? it said that if your in a quiet neigborhood and no kid would hear you coming when hes in the street trying to get his ball..... oh wait!! this car is so slow that the kid would get the ball wait and go thru puberty and then still you wouldnt' get there in time to hit him!!

that was hilarious.
Hahahaha! Yeah, I remember that.

I tried to get a better race story on the way home. There was a guy in a Boxter S that kept darting in traffic and give it a little juice at every light. I tried everything in the book and the asshole wouldn't even look at me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Ralliart 3000gt's Avatar
Ralliart 3000gt Ralliart 3000gt is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 890
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Every trick??? did you try and flash him, It would have looked funny having a guy flashing another guy..........
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Nope, never thought of showing my man boobs.

I'll try that next time.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-01-2006, 02:42 PM
CivRacer95's Avatar
CivRacer95 CivRacer95 is offline
srs biznis
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,658
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Nope, never thought of showing my man boobs.

I'll try that next time.
Gotta have boobs in order to do a "Flash" Polyboy...

You just have pancakes...or so I've heard...from Neutrino that is...yeah....
__________________
AF Guidelines. Read and play nicely :
Just Click Here!



Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Morphius289's Avatar
Morphius289 Morphius289 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

This reminds me of that good ol' thread on the prius boards where some guy was boasting about how he beat an NSX. Grats on breaking your TT's street racing cherry.
__________________
Black 1997 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
[01:05] Igovert500: scrwe his method
[01:05] Igovert500: too much crap
[01:06] Igovert500: i just jam a garden hose in there
[01:06] Igovert500: and put it on high flow
[01:06] Igovert500: go the opposite direction too
[01:06] Igovert500: so it clears out more shit
18 and out of debt - member #1
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivRacer95
Gotta have boobs in order to do a "Flash" Polyboy...

You just have pancakes...or so I've heard...from Neutrino that is...yeah....
They can't be any smaller than yours.

I guess Neutrino and I need to have a talk.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-05-2006, 05:49 PM
GForce957's Avatar
GForce957 GForce957 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphius289
This reminds me of that good ol' thread on the prius boards where some guy was boasting about how he beat an NSX. Grats on breaking your TT's street racing cherry.

Haha, cause of the killer initial torque. Didnt he say he had him for the first 5 feet or so, and how 17's in the 1/4 arent bad
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Igovert500's Avatar
Igovert500 Igovert500 is offline
blue + red light magnet
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Stealth R/T TT vs. Prius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce957
Haha, cause of the killer initial torque. Didnt he say he had him for the first 5 feet or so, and how 17's in the 1/4 arent bad

17s in the 1/4...with a Honda! AWESOME......





















































if you have a 90 Accord
__________________
96 3000gt vr4
-K&N FIPK
-Proboost mbc
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts