-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-27-2006, 10:27 AM
coopns coopns is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do I change the t-stat?

95 Ford Taurus, 166k. Just replaced the water pump and she is running a bit hot, fan coming on a bit more then usual. Is it difficult to change the termostat? Where is it?

Keep'er simple I am pretty new.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-27-2006, 10:56 AM
way2old's Avatar
way2old way2old is offline
TOKEN HILLBILLY
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,353
Thanks: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Re: How do I change the t-stat?

Follow top radiator to where it connects to the engine. There is a metal housing that bolts to the engine. Remove the bolts that hold the housing to engine. The thermostat is inside the housing. Remove, install new one, (pay attention to how it is installed, make sure it is installed the same way the old one came out)attach housing back to engine, fill with coolant and check for leaks.
__________________
Being way2old is why I need help from younger minds

The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.
HEY Y'ALL--READ THIS
Here are some of our old vehicles for sale.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2006, 11:39 AM
coopns coopns is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How do I change the t-stat?

Thanks. I will giv'er a try.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2006, 11:50 AM
way2old's Avatar
way2old way2old is offline
TOKEN HILLBILLY
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,353
Thanks: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Re: How do I change the t-stat?

Also check to see if there is a gasket under the housing or an "O" ring. These will need to be purchased separately.
__________________
Being way2old is why I need help from younger minds

The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.
HEY Y'ALL--READ THIS
Here are some of our old vehicles for sale.

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts