|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
adding lil hp to my stang
i have a 3.8 litre mustang and i have already semi-modified it. i have about 250-260 hp and i only want about anouther 50-60 hp so does anyone know what i could do to my car with out making any big changes like turbocharging it or supercharging it?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
Semi Modified = 250hp 6banger. What did you do to it? So you want about 300 - 320 hp on a 3.6 "without something major?" Please elaborate on your current work..
Hey anyone else smell something? |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
i have flowmaster exaust,cold air intake, and a computer modual
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
^^^ What you have is not going to make 260HP man!
I have a 5.0L V8 with a EEC Tuner Chip, Underdrive Pullies and a K&N Filter, and I'm not even hitting 260HP. Even the late V6 Mustangs were making 190HP stock I think, which means that adding Flowmasters(another 5 to 10HP) Cold Air Intake (Another 5HP) and Chip (Another 5 to 10HP if lucky), if we are extremely generous, would get you 215HP at the Crank. More realistically you have 205-210HP at the Crank. If you have a V6 before '95 then your stock HP was 160HP, in that case a generous figure would be 175HP what you have right now.
__________________
95 GT AKA "The Purple Hippo". Stock 302 bottom end. Edelbrock Heads. Performer 5.0 Intake, 1.7 RR's on stock Cam, Stock T5, 3.27 gears, UD Pullies, K&N Filter, rubber boot deleted, A/C deleted, BBK Catted X-Pipe, 180º TStat, EEC Tuner running J4J1 stock BIN. AEM WB02, Minor tunes, running pig rich. No clue as to RWHP feels a tad faster than a stock 05 GT. |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
i have a 2002 mustang and i got 193 hp stock and about 210 with flowmaster and cold air intatake but my comp. modual gets exacualy 25% of 193 hp witch is about anouther 50 so i have about 250-260 hp right now
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
yeah, believe that all you want. Realistically, you got about 2-5 HP out of that module. You shouldn't believe all the ads you read...
__________________
1994 SVT Cobra. 306, Ported GT-40X's, Crane 2031, NX Wet Kit (100 shot for now),TKO 500, TwEECer R/T, and all the bolt-ons..... http://www.cardomain.com/id/mccobra94 1995 F-150 SC/4X4 351W/E4OD, K&N, Custom Exhaust w/Flowmaster. Freedom Isn't Free. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
That chip most likely adds some advance to the base timing and *maybe* leans out the fuel mixture a bit.
I know because I have an EEC Tuner that lets me tune whatever I want(I payed $400 for that chip) and since my car is near stock, the only things I can tune at this point are the Timing Curves and Air/Fuel ratios. I simply don't have anything else I could tune at this point. I got the chip because I do plan to do more upgrades next summer (New Heads, Larger Injectors, Higher Pressure Fuel Pump, etc) and then the EEC Tuner chip will start to come real handy. As it stands, running 14 degrees Base Timing with 92 Octane Fuel, I'm probably getting another 10HP. The K&N Filter and CAI are giving me maybe another 5HP, and the Pulleys maybe another 10HP So that takes me from 215HP to 240HP and that with the 5.0L V8. I can't wait until I get new Heads with Shorty Headers and Flowmasters (maybe some Roller Rockers as well) With that and when I get an Aluminum Flywheel and Alum Driveshaft, I should hopefully hit the 300HP Mark.
__________________
95 GT AKA "The Purple Hippo". Stock 302 bottom end. Edelbrock Heads. Performer 5.0 Intake, 1.7 RR's on stock Cam, Stock T5, 3.27 gears, UD Pullies, K&N Filter, rubber boot deleted, A/C deleted, BBK Catted X-Pipe, 180º TStat, EEC Tuner running J4J1 stock BIN. AEM WB02, Minor tunes, running pig rich. No clue as to RWHP feels a tad faster than a stock 05 GT. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
ight the hp ratings in the ads that u brought ur parts from are the ratings on a heavly modifed engine that is supercharged or turbocharged runing inside a cool building with ice on the intake and a huge fan blowing on the car.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
for the computer modual it didnt say how much hp i were gonna gain it said the percent of hp i would gain and it is about 50 hp because i got about 5x the effect from my comp. modual then i did on my cold air intake and my flowmaster combined
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
and by the way i got it at http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/v...r_module/ford/
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: adding lil hp to my stang
Quote:
Quote:
In fact I'll out gaurantee them! I guarantee if you run your car on a dyno w/o that venom module. Then run it on the same dyno wit it you will not increase ya HP by 25%. If you do and have the dyno sheets to prove it I'll paypal you the cost of that module and leave AF forever in disgrace. Just face it you got caught in the marketing machine, like many do in the Mustang part world.
__________________
R.I.P. Hypsi- Andy your one of the best people I ever had the priviledge to know. AF and the world has lost one of the truly wonderful people...
|
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
i say u save your $$ and buy a v8, or dump the car and get an 8banger
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
i would buy a gt but the insurance is doubled for the v8 then the v6 and im already under 25.im also thinkin about puttin in a 351 clevlend though
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: adding lil hp to my stang
Quote:
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: adding lil hp to my stang
Since when is insurance double on a GT? Unless you have a really bad driving record...I went from a civic to a GT mustang and I pay maybe $200/a year more.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|