|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Maintenance
Hey. I just got a blue 2005 Subaru WRX. I asked the dealer what type of oil is best for this car and he told me to look in the manual but didn't find the answer there. Could anyone of you tell me which type of oil i should use to maintain a good long engine life?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Maintenance
from what i have heard from other forums dino oil is the best for the first 3 oil changes to break the car in, then go to synthetic oil or how ever you spell it. lol
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Maintenance
Motor oils are so advanced these days that you probably won't go wrong with any of the major brands. Synthetics are probably superior, but unless you put some junk, I doubt that there would be a such a "significant" performance/wear difference. Having said that...I use Mobil 1. $28 at Wal-Mart without getting my hands dirty...it's hard to beat.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Maintenance
10-30w?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Maintenance
Quote:
__________________
Only the strong survive, and I want to stay alive. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Maintenance
10-30 is perfect if you're in the northern US States or Canada, if you're south you can use a slightly heavier grade, I forget what they advise but it IS in the owner's manual, I know because I saw it last week when looking something else up.
Synthetic is actually better since the oil is more refined in particle structure which helps reduce general engine wear.
__________________
Last edited by freakray; 12-03-2004 at 11:03 AM. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Maintenance
thx
__________________
-Mike |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Maintenance
Quote:
Nice car
__________________
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Maintenance
Reccommended oil weight on the STi is 5w30, and it says so on the oil cap, if you don't want to go hunting through the manual.
__________________
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (daily driver) ![]() 1999 Mazda Miata (track car, slow, but finished the SCCA Runoffs) 1987 Porsche 944 (being rebuilt)
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Maintenance
ohh there it is. haha i feel stupid now.
__________________
-Mike |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|