|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
$800 to spend!
I have a stock 02 GT mustang and an $800 budget. I hopefully want to reach 13s with my mods. I'm thinking catback exhaust, intake, and 3.73s. Anyone got any suggestions?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
gears will make the biggest difference. you might have enough left over to do a shifter and an induction mod or 2. 13s is a little much to ask with just that little.
__________________
-Andy '89 Mustang 5.0 - How fast? i'll know this weekend. '86 Mustang LX - Shortblock is built, now for the rest of it. "Put the subject before the verb, hmm? Fail this class, you will." -Yoda teaches english class. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
how about 3.73s, exhaust, pullies, and hopefully a shifter? that wouldn't be good for a 13.8? or 13.9?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
99-04 GT manual + 3.73 should let you break 13's if you can drive.
__________________
R.I.P. Hypsi- Andy your one of the best people I ever had the priviledge to know. AF and the world has lost one of the truly wonderful people...
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
Yes, it's a manual. and I'm not sure how well I can drive. I should probably take it to the track and see what I run so I know how much I need to gain with my mods to get into 13s. And perhaps exhaust really isn't worth the $500 or so odd dollars?
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
Meziere electric water pump, Part number WP346 will free up atleast 10hp, and it's a stealthy mod. I saw 11hp. Oh under drive crank pulley and alt pulley only added another 3hp--which could have just been the difference from one day to another..
Do a lightweight aluminum flywheel (if you pull your own wrenches) and loose some of that rotational mass and then do gears. That will help you.
__________________
My ride at my site Silverstangs. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
i say 4.10s and an off road midpipe. that should get you there without a problem.
__________________
Co-Founder of AF V-Card Club 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra: Cobra R rims, Magnaflow CB. "no way man...i saw an LS1 fight godzilla and the LS1 beat godzilla and it looked in the air and was like what do you think of that god and god was like bring it bitch so they fought and the LS1 beat god now the LS1 is god because its the greatest thing ever." |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
isn't it illegal to drive on public roads with 'off road' pipes? and I was under the impressesion that 4.10s were quite steep for normal driving conditions. When you change gear ratios...what do you feel differently? oh yeah...and a lightweight crank pulley is worth a good 5-10hp. the more weight you take off your crank the more hp you gain.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
oh, and hell...if you guys wanna see my mustang.. www.cardomain.com/id/silvrgt
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
what does anyone think about these http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/555-3901.htm ?
|
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
waste of money. you can get all that crap for well under a grand if you know where to look, and steeda doesn't make the best stuff anyway.
__________________
-Andy '89 Mustang 5.0 - How fast? i'll know this weekend. '86 Mustang LX - Shortblock is built, now for the rest of it. "Put the subject before the verb, hmm? Fail this class, you will." -Yoda teaches english class. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
Yeah, I figured it was a bit over priced. Do you know where I could get that stuff cheaper? Plus..how much does it cost to have gears/shifter installed? I can't do those myself. Plus what about recalibrating the speedo?
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
shifter you can do yourself. have a reputable shop do your gear. costs a lot more but it's well worth it. they'd probably put the right speedo gear in it. you can get speed parts from ebay and summit and all sorts of other places listed in mustang mags. i'd check there.
__________________
-Andy '89 Mustang 5.0 - How fast? i'll know this weekend. '86 Mustang LX - Shortblock is built, now for the rest of it. "Put the subject before the verb, hmm? Fail this class, you will." -Yoda teaches english class. |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
how expensive to install gears?
|
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: $800 to spend!
couple hundred bucks usually, more for the best shops. you also have to buy the gear and new bearings+seals. will probably come to about $400
__________________
-Andy '89 Mustang 5.0 - How fast? i'll know this weekend. '86 Mustang LX - Shortblock is built, now for the rest of it. "Put the subject before the verb, hmm? Fail this class, you will." -Yoda teaches english class. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|