Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 05:10 PM   #1
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

90 GT v.s. "stock" Integra.

Ok, i went street racing Friday and Saturday night with my new tires. A little wider...... So AS SOON as i get there i hear this newer Integra (i know i've raced like 50 of them already) come up in front of me and go "Hey dude u wanna run it?". I asked him what he had done and he replied "It's lowered and has a exhaust".

Now people, this just doesnt seem right, most cars that i TRY to race dont wanna race me, because its a "5.0". Then i have a "stock" Integra come up and challenge me? THEN he says "And i'll give you the jump, when u go i'll go". I was like hell yeah, here's another kill right here.

We lined up. I did a small little "ert-ert-ert" to get the crap off my tires. He proceded to just line up. I got up next to him and the guy waved the flager off. He's like "i'll go when you go". So i took off and damn he's reaction time was good but his traction wasnt. He started spinning while i hooked and i pulled like 1 1/2 cars in first gear. I shifted at 5,500 rpms to 2nd gear, chirped and hooked again. Yeah! Brought her up to 5,500 rpms again, switched to third, looked back and was 4 cars on him. I was at about 70mph then, when i got to 75mph or so i saw his front end shoot up and he started gaining FAST. I kept it in third and he was still pulling from 4 cars to 3, 2 ,1, 1/2 a car, then his bumper was at my door when i hit 93mph. Luckily the track is EXACTLY a quarter-mile because if it was ANY longer he would have won, but he didnt.

We got back and i came over to talk to him (i know the little shit had nitrous) and asked him what he really had done to it. He never told me, he insisting the only performance mod he had was a muffler. The car wasnt even v-tec, so i know he was lying. I mean yes, i've seen Type-R Integra's run low 15's. But this LS Integra with a SHITTY driver running low 15's too. Naw, something was done to it. I just wish i would have asked him to pop his trunk, oh well. Anyways i just wanted to tell yall about my race with this guy, i have like 10 more but i'll post those in diffrent thread's so it doesnt take up so much space.

The moral of this story: Nitrous doesnt make you invinsible, if you cant drive.
90Stangjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Re: 90 GT v.s. "stock" Integra.

the ITR can run well into the 14's stock, and the ls w/ a good driver can run mid 15's stock too. if the guy gained like that, yes most likely he was running nitrous. BUT, if he's keeping up w/ u running 15's, then watch out...a gsr or type r is gonna get u sooner or later. nice win.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
KrNxRaCer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:16 AM   #3
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, i raced a GSR Teg' and damn i was impressed. I got him of the start then he stayed at my bumper the whole time. It was fun, those races are the best.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
emokid15
AF Enthusiast

Nice Kill.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 AM   #5
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91

I have a buddy with a 94 LS with I/H/E and he pull's 15.3's at the track damn good for a LS.

Next time you see him ask him to pop the hood. He probably was spraying but I don't know why he wouldent have kept it closer unless he really couldent drive at all.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #6
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

Yeah i know he couldnt drive good. I think he missed his 2nd too, because after i came out of 1st he was only like 1-2 cars back, then when i came out of 2nd he was like 4. His car is faster than mine but he just couldnt drive, oh well. Luckily for me.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing