-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Porshce 959C

ya its been a long time with this thing but I am working on it. Tell me your thoughts about my Porsche 959.

Modds-
-Filled in front bumper
-Porsche 911 GT1 hood
-Shaved side turn signals
-Will have custom side mirrors
-Heightened rear spoiler
-Will get 2 SAS seats
-Will also get a CF enterer and engine bay
-I am also looking for a set of DTM BBS wheels and rubber for this car.



Thinking of this SAS seat...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-27-2004, 05:51 PM
primera man's Avatar
primera man primera man is offline
"P-Man"
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to primera man
Re: Porshce 959C

Good some good looking mods coming up by the looks of things.
More pics?
__________________

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Porshce 959C

only one right now Ill take another few when I get the back fixed and the hedlight housings in right.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Cychalen's Avatar
Cychalen Cychalen is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 709
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking good!
__________________
Completed.
Datsun 240Z #5 Monte Carlo Rally 1972

Working on.
Nissan Primera
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2004, 05:25 AM
bigfrit's Avatar
bigfrit bigfrit is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,909
Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
smooth subtle yet efficient mods, this baby s gonna be a real firecracker!

Olivier
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Bas Carwash's Avatar
Bas Carwash Bas Carwash is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,034
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Porshce 959C

Looking real good, I hope your plans turn out well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Porshce 959C

thanks. I dont wana do to much to mess up the body but I think the things Im thinking about are good.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-28-2004, 09:25 AM
vwman's Avatar
vwman vwman is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 821
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Porshce 959C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfrit
smooth subtle yet efficient mods, this baby s gonna be a real firecracker!

Olivier
__________________
-Mika
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Porshce 959C

Today I am going to try and fix the headlight housings. (I got litile bit sand crazy) I will be making custom mirrors like APR made for his yellow Toyota Celica.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2004, 09:41 AM
deedlit's Avatar
deedlit deedlit is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,059
Thanks: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Send a message via MSN to deedlit
Re: Porshce 959C

Looks good so far and your mods sounds promising.

I'll be following this thread carefully
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-28-2004, 10:24 AM
GT-Alex's Avatar
GT-Alex GT-Alex is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 713
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GT-Alex
Re: Porshce 959C

The gt1 hood is a good idea. Keep the mods subtle.
And post more pics soon plz !
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Porshce 959C

I filled in the holes for the wippers but I dont like how it looks now so im goin to put em back in.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
-update- on Porsche 959C

Well its been almost 2 months and still not much progress on my Porsche 959C. You can see the old thread here.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...&highlight=959

I am sorry about making another but it has been so long. Now that I am going back to school I got my old hours back and have some time. I took another pick so that you can better see the Porsche 911 GT1 hood, the rims are not staying I still need to find some 18'' or 19'' BBS rims. The rear is also getting some small changes. The rear wing will be raised about 2 cm on each side, and moved back 3 cm. the molding will be set back into the body so it still looks like one peace. I will be shooting another coat of primer in the around noon and take another pick. I still don’t have an air gun to shoot some paint. (That’s why I am working on 3-4 cars at once.)I hope you like...

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-08-2004, 06:25 AM
Cobra Colors Cobra Colors is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Looks like your project is coming along nicely. What's the color going to be?

Fujimi might have the wheels you're looking for. A lot of their more recent sets are 18" designs. Check these links:

http://www.fujimimokei.com/product/newtyandwh.html
http://www.fujimimokei.com/product/partsmaker.html

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Samurai75007 Samurai75007 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: -update- on Porsche 959C

I am thinking of doin it in a sky blue like this RUF.

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts