|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
Well, I don't even want to guess at how long it's been, but finally I am getting back into building!
Finished this one today, started it two years ago in Australia! Carbon fibre decal throughout, detailed interior (pics when I've mastered the new digi cam!) One of the nicest kits I've ever built, only the rear mudguards stopped it falling into place perfectly. Tamiya paint used throughout, followed by Tamiya clear laquer and polished in the usual way. I'm avoiding automotive paints right now, too many paint cracking issues! Hope you like it. P.S. New site on the wy soon too I hope! ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Brilliant build and nice pics!
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
Superb!
__________________
Back to life soon...
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
good clean job !
__________________
![]() CarsModeling.com. My Scale Model Cars blog. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
Howdy stranger!! It's about time you got back into it!! I look forward to the new site as well!!
![]()
__________________
http://public.fotki.com/tonioseven/ |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
cool model and cool picturs!!
__________________
Aviv ICQ# 340000819
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
Hi, Dan! I guess old habits die hard. Can't think of a better way to have a comeback, and good job, it looks lovely.
__________________
![]() Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!! ![]() 1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596 |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Very nice build, glad to see you back into modeling.
__________________
![]() |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Can you tell me what Yellow you used for the body and the mirrors?
Thanks! |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
Quote:
The mirrors were painted using Gunze Sangyo Aqueous hobby colour, luminous yellow. Very watery, but if built up over many coats with a day drying in between it works fine. I'm very pleased with the mirrors, good copy of the real race car! |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
ya, it looks sweet
__________________
91 Civic CX - Sold 94 Accord EX - Sold 94 Integra LS - Cleaning it up |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Falls off chair in amazement!
Oh yeah, and the model looks pretty good too! Steve
__________________
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Pretty !!!. Neat looking ...
__________________
La Vecchia Signora & BMW maniac. |
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
Looks great! What's next?
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Completed Astra DTM Team Phoenix
Quote:
|
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|