-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-05-2004, 07:40 PM
96Maro 96Maro is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jethot coating question

I know 89Iroc&rs told me something about it might be better to get uncoated headers and then get a jethot coating on them. Just wondered what kind of place would do that and what exactly is a jethot coating? I have never heard of it but if it never rusts and holds in heat better it might be the way to go and it might still be cheaper than ceramic coated headers. Someone who knows about this please help me out.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-2004, 09:03 PM
89IROC&RS's Avatar
89IROC&RS 89IROC&RS is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: jethot coating question

The jethot coating is a thermal barrier coating that is bonded to the metal header not unlike powder coating. it is baked on. the structure of the coating resists corrotion, and also does not conduct heat well. i know that to coat a combustion chamber is roughly 30-50 bucks if i am remembering correctly. so its not that expencive. Now wheather or not they are better worse, or less expencive is all in where you go, and who does it. I would hit up the yellow pages for machine shops, autoshops, hotrod shops, anything you can find, and also if you call a place that dosnt do it, you can ask if they know who does. most hotrod/custom shops send work like that out, and will be able to get you in touch with their people.
__________________


Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2004, 10:13 PM
96Maro 96Maro is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK. Thanks for the info. I will try and find somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2004, 02:14 AM
GTStang's Avatar
GTStang GTStang is offline
Stang Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to GTStang
I maybe wrong but I thought "Jet-Hot" is an actual company and trademark name? I think the others are just a very similiar deal to what they do....?
__________________
R.I.P. Hypsi- Andy your one of the best people I ever had the priviledge to know. AF and the world
has lost one of the truly wonderful people...

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2004, 01:20 PM
89IROC&RS's Avatar
89IROC&RS 89IROC&RS is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: jethot coating question

actually yeah, jethot is a company, and they offer different coatings, but its the general term for that kind of high temerature non corrosive coating. I used it cuz everyone understands what i mean by that. but you are correct.
__________________


Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2004, 01:35 PM
GTStang's Avatar
GTStang GTStang is offline
Stang Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to GTStang
No it's cool.... I was just not sure.... It just helps me add to the answer to the question. I know some people that sent thier headers to "Jet-Hot" and it was about $300 for the coating.
__________________
R.I.P. Hypsi- Andy your one of the best people I ever had the priviledge to know. AF and the world
has lost one of the truly wonderful people...

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts