-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Register FAQ Community
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-17-2004, 09:57 PM
annointed annointed is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to annointed Send a message via Yahoo to annointed
using timing light on '88 Civic 1.5L hatchback?

I need to run my '88 Civic hatchback through emissions/inspection, and just got a basic timing light today (I had to change the distributor since buying the car to fix a drivability issue). It seems to run great, and gets 37 mpg, but I don't want to take any chances, so I would like to set the ignition timing using the timing light.

Any advice? Its snowing today, and I haven't even had a chance to look at the crank pully area for marks, etc, but I assume this should be straightforward. Also, what is proper advance at idle for this car?

Its a 1.5L '88 Civic, fuel injected, 4 speed manual.

Thanks,

Mark
__________________
'02 Subaru WRX - 326 whp/320 ft-lbs
'94 Subaru Impreza L AWD w/jdm WRX motor [email protected] (14 psi)
'91 Nissan 240sx (soon to be Silvia )
'88 Honda Civic hatchback 1.5L of NA fury
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tamiya lotus europa special teszion Completed Projects / Gallery 12 02-05-2012 12:41 AM
Oil Pressure 130 Pounds Smith1000 Park Avenue 10 04-18-2011 08:39 PM
FS: **$30 Shipped** 1995 Eclipse Turbo Automatic Transmission Motor Mount thakid22 Classifieds 0 12-17-2010 05:32 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts