-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-15-2004, 06:43 AM
rodripin rodripin is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to rodripin
Water pump

This is going to be a long "introduction"
My sentra b13īs engine overheated yesterday, the fan didnīt work out, so I tested it directly to the battery and it is working fine, also the circuit is working fine, checked the fuses and they were ok, how can I test the thermostat? As the engine overheated, it started a leaking by the water pump, what is the cue to fix it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-15-2004, 06:44 AM
rodripin rodripin is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to rodripin
Re: Water pump

Help on an overheated b13 engine.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2004, 06:48 AM
rodripin rodripin is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to rodripin
Re: Water pump

E-mail me about an overheated b13 engine to [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-15-2004, 11:25 PM
jon@af's Avatar
jon@af jon@af is offline
The Media Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Re: Water pump

You do realize that you only need post once in the correct forum. There are two posts in the introduction forum stating that it is for INTRODUCTIONS. Anyways, give this thing time, people will respond.
__________________




AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz


Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2004, 12:20 PM
jer28usa jer28usa is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well to be honest its kind of a waste of time to test your thermostat. Reason is because you have to pull it and put it in a pot of boiling water to see if it pops open. I say for 6 bucks buy a new one and some rtv thermostat housing rtv (a few extra) and just change the thermostat out all together. If you insist on testing it just be sure to have a thermometer to put in the boiling water to see if it opens (if at all) at the proper temp. Also some water pumps are manufactured so that when they start to leak (or weep) then that means they are shot.
If you are sure of the fan kicking on, and by the way I would run it up to temp and see if you can hear it come on, start at the thermostat because it is easier than the water pump. good luck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2004, 03:23 PM
rodripin rodripin is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to rodripin
Re: Water pump

Thanks jer28usa!!!
Yeah you are right the thermostat has nothing to do with the fan, I found out that there is a small thing -I dont know what is the name of it in english- wich activates the fan, I bought a new one for 8 dollars and the problem was solved, my worry now is the water pump, I have to check the water level every day and wait until I can put the water pump down and see what is wrong with it, I ask for the price of it here in Bogota, Colombia where I live and they charged me 35 dollars. It is possible and I hope that only the gasket was damaged, will tell you more about it later. Thanks again... Rodrigo
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts