-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Escort
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-08-2004, 09:28 PM
TPT2005 TPT2005 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Automatic to Manual?

I have a 96 LX Escort 2-dr HB. It's an automatic with 1.9L SEFI engine. I'm wanting to know would I be able to switch it to manual transmission? Also, what other car type motors would I be able to use to do a switch?
My current motor is stock right now. I want to know what basic stuff I need right now for getting my HP up. My car doesn't really get much accel until I get to about 30mph @3-4rpm and on up. I'm going to stick with this car and do alot with it. Also, I'm going to be getting a Honda Civic soon. But, I'm still going to stick with my Escort and possibly race it and for showstyling. But i just need to get my HP with the basic add-ons then go into hardcore later on.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2004, 10:07 PM
TPT2005 TPT2005 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone going to help me?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2004, 04:59 PM
zx2002 zx2002 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Automatic to Manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT2005
Anyone going to help me?
the most basic add ons would be a short ram air intake (AEM) or another company may have one also exhaust ( headers back ) would give you a boost in HP combined w/ an intake.
auto - manual conversion is a much more complicated issue. You need a new trans., clutch assembly, shift column, and many other parts. I have a friend that did it to a neon and it turned out quite nicely, check it out at www.mikesneon.com, it details all the work done and the parts needed

chris adams
zx2002
[email protected]
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manual vs auto yazzagaffix Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail 5 09-15-2009 05:45 PM
AutoMatic-Manual VenomRacing Cavalier 4 10-12-2004 11:59 AM
automatic/manual tranny conversion murret-san '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee 2 06-28-2004 02:52 PM
automatic manual transmision conversion? c32b1 NSX Let's get Technical! 3 02-10-2004 09:54 PM
Automatic manual. chris26969 '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV 6 10-22-2002 01:04 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Escort


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts