-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-29-2004, 12:38 PM
lachula23 lachula23 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Peice fell while I was driving!!!!!!

I was driving and suddenly a peice fell off of my 1998 Altima GXE. I got out and picked up the part (on the highway!!!!) but I'm not sure what it is. It appears to be some sort of protective cover for an exhaust part? It seems that the two bracets that were holding it up have rusted and broken. The peice has an overall rectangular shape to it with many small holes on the bottom and it cups or bends around the edges (like an open tray?). It doesn't have a part number, just says "Nissa" and "X 3". it's too narrow to cover the muffler.Anyone know remotely what I'm talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2004, 08:04 AM
paparay paparay is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Peice fell while I was driving!!!!!!

Go to a Nissan dealship and go to the Parts dept. and ask them how much for this part (hand it to them). Tell them the model and year of your car. They will identify it and price it for you. YOU can decide if you want to order a new one or get one at a junk yard.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My car just randomly died while I was driving... FenixDown '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV 38 09-30-2008 05:55 PM
Alero 2003 died while I was driving AleroSandy Alero 1 01-06-2006 08:13 PM
1998 Blazer died while I was driving mcw1280 Blazer 5 09-19-2005 10:27 AM
My engine refused working while i was driving radeck Century 2 03-04-2005 07:11 AM
00' Malibu died while I was driving annegia Malibu 2 01-20-2003 08:43 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Altima


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts