-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > E-Class
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-24-2003, 09:25 AM
DARRENAVS DARRENAVS is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
97 E420 Power Window Help

My 97 e420 rear driver side power window failed. Upon inspection, the cable was loose and wrapped around the inside and outside of the motor. I found that the plastic on the regulator had broken causing the problem, and believe that I have the cable wrapped correctly around all parts. The problem is that I am unable to get the two halves of the cable together enough to place what I believe is the metal connector on to the two halves. Is there a special tool for this, or am I doing something wrong. Help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2004, 12:29 AM
wsaharem wsaharem is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Door Motor Replacement

I know this is an old post, but I had the exact same problem and I thought I would share my experience.

After looking at the motor, assembly mechanism and cable, it was clear that at least the cable needed to be replaced.

Mercedes doesn't sell any parts of this mechanism in pieces (or at least this is what the guy at the counter told me).

So, the part I bought was the complete motor, cable and rail assembly all neatly combined..

Easy part.. Drilling out the rivets and removing the assembly.
Hard part.. Having a strong enough rivet tool to put in the new very strong, very thick rivets to hold the assembly in place... I broke my pop rivet tool trying to break/pop the rivets...

Hope someone finds this useful.
Bill
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'95 Passat FL power window problem frescoraja '93 - '96 1 06-19-2010 01:44 PM
power windows stopped working - 2002 Mercury Mountaineer hoehring Mountaineer 2 01-18-2010 09:25 AM
Power Windows Elec Prob. Please help!! dlane85 Corsica 1 07-29-2009 10:37 PM
`99 Power Window Problem.. beadlingi Prism 0 04-27-2009 06:13 PM
98 power window express down problem fliplover Monte Carlo 1 04-03-2009 11:48 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > E-Class


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts