-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-21-2003, 10:17 PM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Impreza Ideas?

Finally, after feeling ashamed in defeat with my 350Z in a local model contest...I have received my order from HLJ, however, I've been looking all over for ideas, and I can't seem to come up with a thing

The subject in question?
New Impreza 20S

Any insight whatsover? My mind is washed away on ideas, and I just "have" to build
Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Zcaithaca's Avatar
Zcaithaca Zcaithaca is offline
fershizzle
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,567
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Zcaithaca
Re: Impreza Ideas?

build it rally!
__________________
Zach
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2003, 10:41 PM
willimo willimo is offline
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,723
Thanks: 50
Thanked 89 Times in 65 Posts
Build it JGTC! There are several resin transkits and detail sets made by either Renaissance or Reji (don't remember which) at scaleracecars.com. I'm tempted to do do that as a project.
__________________
It ain't cool 'till your wife hates it.
Imagine a world without Alabama

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2003, 10:45 PM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimo
Build it JGTC! There are several resin transkits and detail sets made by either Renaissance or Reji (don't remember which) at scaleracecars.com. I'm tempted to do do that as a project.
Yeah, I saw those a little earlier, I believe they are Studio27, bad thing is they are for the older Impreza body style...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Layla's Keeper's Avatar
Layla's Keeper Layla's Keeper is offline
Supermodified
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Another cool idea, build it as a stock 20S, but open up all the doors, the trunk, and ultra-detail the interior. You could go down to your local Subaru dealership and take a bunch of pictures for reference, and then go to town with some sheet styrene and brass rod.

It'd be the only one like it as far as I know.
__________________
Proud Owner/Operator of Haven Raceway and Hobby!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-21-2003, 10:53 PM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

All I could find on the 20S was a wagon...I'm guessing either it's rare, or a common Fujimi mistake..however i'm quite excited about this kit so far
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-21-2003, 11:09 PM
hirofkd's Avatar
hirofkd hirofkd is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,828
Thanks: 17
Thanked 163 Times in 79 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

I believe 20S is affordable light weight version of Impreza, so that the owner can add whatever they want, audio, wheel, aero etc. Many grades of the same car aren't available outsidde Japan. The Forester STi is a typical example, and it's definitely not availalbe in the U.S. (don't know in Asia and Europe, though)
__________________
Hiroaki Fukuda
Sports and Race Car Modeling Page

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-21-2003, 11:31 PM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

1.5 V6...I wonder how I could match that...hmm
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-22-2003, 07:14 PM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

Just got back from the Subaru/Mazda dealership, I took a drive in the base WRX and the new Mazda 3...now I have even more inspiration to build...if only i had a cool idea :-p

Mazda 3 = Fun Car i must say, in case you are wondering
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-29-2003, 02:24 AM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

As of today, it's finally here, along with 18" Aoshima wheels and a can of Tamiya TS-34...overall not a bad kit, however, not a good kit as well. The stock rims are ridiculously tiny, and the 18" wheels seem to be a little too "VIP" for the Impreza, so I am a little lost there as well, no rim choice and no money..grrr....

Much too my surprise, this isn't just a Fujimi re-box of their new WRX, a separate body!

Any input, any questions?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-29-2003, 02:37 AM
joecwlaw's Avatar
joecwlaw joecwlaw is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,563
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Re: Impreza Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalbanzai
As of today, it's finally here, along with 18" Aoshima wheels and a can of Tamiya TS-34...overall not a bad kit, however, not a good kit as well. The stock rims are ridiculously tiny, and the 18" wheels seem to be a little too "VIP" for the Impreza, so I am a little lost there as well, no rim choice and no money..grrr....

Much too my surprise, this isn't just a Fujimi re-box of their new WRX, a separate body!

Any input, any questions?

what is that 18" aoshima VIP wheel? any pics?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-29-2003, 02:51 PM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

My new digital camera is out of commision, they call for a serial number, but there is no sign of one, and it doesnt tell me where to find it..grr

The VIP wheels are Aoshima Koening IMP 18"
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS24614
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-29-2003, 04:56 PM
digitalbanzai's Avatar
digitalbanzai digitalbanzai is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Impreza Ideas?

I've started more researching, i found a strange looking GT-Wing, however i'm not sure if it would work. I also found a set that I almost completely forgot about, it's a fujimi accessories set http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?FUJ11041
just in case i wanted to go out of the ordinary and into the, well...ordinary, and turn this into a basic family car

Although, I can't stand these bloody 15's
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subaru Impreza WRX STi S204 edition (Completed) modelaholics Completed Projects / Gallery 15 08-05-2011 08:10 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi S204 edition modelaholics WIP - Street 20 07-05-2009 05:49 AM
95' Impreza L, looking for idea for swap Lofaru Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport 2 04-27-2008 11:37 AM
1998 impreza 22b sti vsTommy kaira impreza m20b (gaming) Drows Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport 7 03-19-2006 07:28 PM
Ideas for custom 4G things, you ideas to... FourthGenHatch '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee 6 06-17-2002 12:51 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts