-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-14-2003, 05:16 AM
iwantmoney iwantmoney is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to Mustangs

I'm looking at a 1995 Mustang GT with 78000 miles, completely stock for $5200, is this a good deal or a rip off? Also are these cars ne good cause I've had a lot of bad experiences with Ford, they brake down too freaking easy and quick, the engine can only last up to 200k miles, and the quality is not the best I've seen.

Last edited by iwantmoney; 12-15-2003 at 02:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2003, 06:23 AM
MustangRoadRacer's Avatar
MustangRoadRacer MustangRoadRacer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 569
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New to Mustangs

well, for one, fords are good if you take care of them, like any other car.
that sounds like a perfectly reasonable amount to me.
the 95 is a decent year and has the 5.0 in it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2003, 12:39 PM
DiggerStang DiggerStang is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 96
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: New to Mustangs

...they brake too freaking easy and quick...
Good brakes are important.

...the engine can only take less than 200k's miles...
Any engine will benefit from freshening up after 200K miles. This is not unique to Ford.

...and the quality is the best I've seen...
What more do you want? Buy it then!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2003, 01:04 PM
HiFlow5 0's Avatar
HiFlow5 0 HiFlow5 0 is offline
Stanger
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,171
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HiFlow5 0
Re: New to Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmoney
I'm looking at a 1995 Mustang GT with 78000 miles, completely stock for $5200, is this a good deal or a rip off? Also are these cars ne good cause I've had a lot of bad experiences with Ford, they brake too freaking easy and quick, the engine can only take less than 200k's miles, and the quality is the best I've seen.
If you've had that many bad experiences are are too worried about it things, then don't even consider a mustang. Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind.
__________________
[size=1]-1950 Ford Custom, flathead V8
-2013 Ford Flex
-1999 Ford F150

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2003, 02:36 PM
DiggerStang DiggerStang is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 96
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: New to Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlow5 0
If you've had that many bad experiences are are too worried about it things, then don't even consider a mustang. Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind.
No kidding.
I think the purpose of his/her post was more to diss Ford than actually solicit any advice. I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken, but that's the way I read it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-15-2003, 02:54 AM
iwantmoney iwantmoney is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sorry about the misspelling I wrote this trhead in a hurry and I just noticed that I was missing some words. sorry about that I just fixed it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-15-2003, 03:02 AM
iwantmoney iwantmoney is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually I'm not here to diss ford, I'm looking for advice cause I really liked that Mustang. It had a lot of pickup and speed, I gotta admit it I fell in love that day. I've also heard that Mustangs are very different from regular Fords, but I don't wanna go through the same things I had to with my last two Ford cars.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2003, 03:05 AM
iwantmoney iwantmoney is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: New to Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerStang
...they brake too freaking easy and quick...
Good brakes are important.

...the engine can only take less than 200k's miles...
Any engine will benefit from freshening up after 200K miles. This is not unique to Ford.

...and the quality is the best I've seen...
What more do you want? Buy it then!


sorry about the misspelling I wrote this trhead in a hurry and I just noticed that I was missing some words. sorry about that I just fixed it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Joshta's Avatar
Joshta Joshta is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New to Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmoney
I've also heard that Mustangs are very different from regular Fords, but I don't wanna go through the same things I had to with my last two Ford cars.
Regular Fords? What were your last 2 cars? Anyway, I think you'll find that in a mustang forum, most of us will recommend buying a mustang. Sounds like a good deal, I like the 5.0's.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-15-2003, 12:26 PM
DiggerStang DiggerStang is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 96
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: New to Mustangs

I don't think you need to worry so much about reliability. Take good care of the car, and it will take care of you. Lots of guys in this forum have Mustangs from the '80's (or older) and they still run fine. You can bet most of them are driven pretty hard sometimes, too! And when something does go wrong, parts are readily available- and will be for a long time- which is something to keep in mind.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-15-2003, 01:15 PM
litlmustangmoody litlmustangmoody is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New to Mustangs

I just bought a 95 5.0 and I love it I've had it about 6 months and I paid (still paying) 6,000 for it. The car is mint condition and has 90,000 miles on it. I drove the car one time and fell in love with the car! This car has come a LONG way from my 88 and if I had the chance I should have done it a long time ago I love it and think it is well worth the money. If I were you I would buy the car and not look back they're great!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-15-2003, 03:35 PM
GTStang's Avatar
GTStang GTStang is offline
Stang Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Why do most people think all Fords or Mustangs are bad build quality. Because they owned one before that was bad. But usually you need to look at what they owned. There is a big difference between a brand new $10-12,000 Escort and a $25,000+ Mustang GT from they day the come off the assembly line and that carries through when they are 10 years old. You get what you pay for is all it comes down too. Plus people with Mustangs usually respect and take care of them more than som econobox.
__________________
R.I.P. Hypsi- Andy your one of the best people I ever had the priviledge to know. AF and the world
has lost one of the truly wonderful people...

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-15-2003, 04:08 PM
mycobra70la mycobra70la is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New to Mustangs

I would add that alot of Mustangs are beat on rather then some econo boxes. You really need to look over all used sports cars in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts