-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Razor19 Razor19 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Razor19
99+ V6

I am planning on buying a 99 or 00 V6 Mustang at christmas. I've got a few questions hoping u guys can help me with. First off I'll tell u a little background info. I'm 17 right now and I work at Mcdonalds usually 15-20 hours a week at $5.25 an hour. So I'm not exactly rolling in the money. I make usually around $160 every 2 weeks. So here's my questions

1. Is there any significant difference between a 99 or 00 V6 mustang?

2. Anybody know how much the 99 or 00 V6's make at the real wheels?

3. What is the cheapest dual exhaust system? So far the cheapest I have found I think is the MAC direct fit from www.extremeeffect.com its $288 after S & H.

4. How much will it cost to get a direct fit installed? How much would it cost to get a true dual installed?

5. Can I put 40 series flowmasters on a mac direct fit dual exhaust?

6. How reliable are the 99 or 00 V6 mustang's?

7. What mod would u suggest that I do first to my V6 stang?

8. Tell me all what u think of this design for a 99 or 00 V6

Cobra R Spoiler
Saleen Side Scoops
Cervinis Stalker Front Bumper
Cervinis Stalker Rear Bumper
Kaminari Side Skirts
__________________
"Only babies suck bottles"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-25-2003, 02:29 AM
BigDanTheMan's Avatar
BigDanTheMan BigDanTheMan is offline
I read and am helpful.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 938
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BigDanTheMan
yo raze -
I've noted your other posts and you seem like a smart guy: here is my advice -
Stop working at micie d's and get a job working a real restaruant. Catoring universally pays more then 10 an hour and it's usually two hours of hard work and six hours of sitting around. Working as a waiter at a decent joint or a busser and nicer joint will easily double your cash flow. It's a bit tougher and you'll have a bit more responcibilities but working minimum wage at an unskilled position is perhaps the most uneconomical thing a guy can do.

everyone here will jump to tell you that rear gears should be your first mod. they are right, but i've always been a fan of starting small and cheap. reconstruct your intake system. the v6 is pretty solid and i wouldn't be concerned with getting a body kit right away. they are easy to clown when attatched to near stock v6.
good luck.
__________________
free hypsi87!!
Dan's White Horse
Bring back Melt Crew 002 - 3657 posts can't be wrong!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Razor19 Razor19 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Razor19
What rear gears u think I should get 3:73 or 4:10 or something else? Also how much are those gonna cost to buy and how much are they gonna cost to get installed? One more question what kinda horsepower/torque gain will I see with those?
__________________
"Only babies suck bottles"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Joshta's Avatar
Joshta Joshta is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. No none

2. I think about 164 (193 is what you hear though)

3 & 4. You can get 2 flowmaster 40 series originals brand new from ebay for about $92 with S&H. I called a local mechanic and he said that installation w/ cats and me buying the mufflers would be $175. So about $275 for me total. This is true duals and strait pipes. (no h-pipe)

5. ???????????????

6. I have no problems w/ my 99, but it only has 49k miles.

7. change wheels, then maybe 3.73's, cheap cold air intake, and duals. Body kit later.

8. Sweet; I like the xenon front bumper too.


And for the gears, I would go with 3.73's (honestly, auto or manual). And you need a posi-trac or trac-lock unit too. Really need one for the other. (7.5 or 8.8 works fine) No horsepower/torque gain, even your better acceleration will feel like it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Los Los is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 522
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Los Send a message via MSN to Los
1. Is there any significant difference between a 99 or 00 V6 mustang?

Not significant, though Ford upped the hp rating from 187 (190 on brochures) to 193 (which Ford has been known to say at times). Its not big, but its there. This is between 99 to 2000.

2. Anybody know how much the 99 or 00 V6's make at the real wheels?

Not enough. But if you want a guesstimate, about 165-170.

3. What is the cheapest dual exhaust system? So far the cheapest I have found I think is the MAC direct fit from www.extremeeffect.com its $288 after S & H.

www.macperformance.com
www.stangparts.com
www.bbkperformance.com
www.50resto.com <---- if you order from here, tell em Los from TRS sent you.

4. How much will it cost to get a direct fit installed? How much would it cost to get a true dual installed?

It shouldn't be much. Get a friend who knows how to put pipes up. My xpipe was no problem at all.

5. Can I put 40 series flowmasters on a mac direct fit dual exhaust?

Are you trying to run four mufflers? You want either Mac mufflers or Flowmaster mufflers. But yeah, they should fit in the piping.

6. How reliable are the 99 or 00 V6 mustang's?

More reliable than a 94-97. Those corked head gaskets blow.

7. What mod would u suggest that I do first to my V6 stang?

Gears, though I have yet to put any in my car. Gears or a blower.

8. Tell me all what u think of this design for a 99 or 00 V6

Cobra R Spoiler
Saleen Side Scoops
Cervinis Stalker Front Bumper
Cervinis Stalker Rear Bumper
Kaminari Side Skirts


Will all honesty, I'm not down with cars with body kits.
__________________
Los
Texas Racing Scene.com
Lawton Racing
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-29-2003, 12:33 PM
eillob's Avatar
eillob eillob is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 902
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't buy the V-6, Buy a V-8
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Le Mans Contest Entry: 99 Mercedes CLR vs. 99 Audi R8C MickSz WIP - Motorsports 39 05-16-2005 12:13 AM
95-99 max vs 99 hoda civic SI kingmax718 Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 9 10-24-2004 07:27 PM
99-00 b16a2 or a 99-01 b18c1 zerosilver19 Let's get Technical! 5 06-04-2004 12:26 PM
99-01 Prelude SH or 98-99 Eclipse GSX FDTT Car Buying Q&A 6 03-31-2004 10:53 AM
FS: 95-99 Maxima 96-99 I30 OEM Woodgrain Parts Max4Speed Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 1 03-27-2003 07:55 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts