|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Stupid clicking.
Zup all, Before I take my Teg to the shop I figured I would ask some people in here. When I barely press on the gas in my 98 LS there is a clicking sound coming from the engine. I am about 1000 miles past my oil change but it doesnt seem like a lack of oil thing. I dont know what it is and its driving me crazy
. Has anyone had this before? This is my first import but not my first car and I have heard a lot of noises on a car but this one is very weird. At higher rpms it doesnt click (like 1500 rpms) and after driving for a minute it stops completely. Help I m going mad .
__________________
"See you tomorrow night Elenore, wit your fine ass!" |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
How amny miles are on the car? Could be your valves need to be adjusted.
__________________
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
98 is pretty new so it might not be this unless ur racing alot. i too heard some clicking in my car when i accelerate in the beginning then it stops after gaining some speed. the cause for me was the cv shafts. got them replace with some reman from autozone now they click when i turn. my inference, those were crappy parts. never again am i going to buy parts from them again. got some hi performance axles now and no clicking at all
__________________
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Stupid clicking.
You still should have your valves adjusted/inspected every 30K
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
It has 89k on it and I have only been racing for 6 months or so. Before that I did a little street racing. I havent dont anything to my car but advance the timing slightly. Oh and I have not taken in the car for anyh maintances, think those things might be a problem?
__________________
"See you tomorrow night Elenore, wit your fine ass!" |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Stupid clicking.
Quote:
, any auto mechanic?) to do it?
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well I would think that any good import specialist would be able to do it or the acura dealer but you will pay out the a$$ for it
.
__________________
"See you tomorrow night Elenore, wit your fine ass!" |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
If it has 89K miles on it then you need to go ahead and take it in for the 90K service and they will do it then b/c it is part if the 90k service, but I will warn you the 90k service is not cheap but very necessary they repalec the timming belt, water pump,adjust the valves adn some ther little stuff.
And tran_nsx what kind of axles do you have now b/c I have a set of autozone axles too and they vibrate b/c the rubber dampaner is not ther like the OEM ones, does your new ones have these? Do they shake and vibrate a little?
__________________
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Stupid clicking.
Quote:
You should FOLLOW the maintenance schedule, this is what makes a GOOD long lasting car. Take it in for at least a 90K service, it would be best to do the timing belt, water pump, & belts - total cost is about $1000 @ the dealer. If you do replace the timing belt, make SURE to replace the water pump or you'll be sorry when you have to replace it & pay all that labor again. Water pump with t/belt only adds .5hrs labor + parts. To do the water pump alone is like 4.0 hrs of labor + parts. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid clicking.
Quote:
__________________
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Stupid clicking.
Quote:
__________________
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Stupid clicking.
Have you ever snapped an axle due to launching with slicks or big HP?
$400 is waste if you dont need them. |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Stupid clicking.
Quote:
__________________
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid clicking.
Nice, performance axles would be a very wise idea, traction bars as well. TCI make some nice "300HP" axles.
My buddy has a high 12 low 13 second hatch thats always snappin axles even on street tires. Mostly at the track due to the traction compound, you can't even walk on the track surface Now with the TCI's & bunch of runs on slicks + the daily beating on the street, he hasn't replaced them since.
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Stupid clicking.
Quote:
so no $400 is definately not a waste. im the kind of person who rather be safe than sorry, and like to get things done right the first time, not half-a$$. hell most people who modifying thier cars, and im not talking about 5-10hp, but the huge gains aren't even prepping thier cars correctly, thats why incidents like what u mention happens. do you actually think im installing high performance axles and upgraded brake kits for show or to just waste money and look cool? ![]() maybe its just me, hopefully im wrong, but i get this really wierd vibe coming from your post.
__________________
Last edited by tran_nsx; 10-24-2003 at 03:26 AM. |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|