-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-13-2003, 05:49 AM
ales's Avatar
ales ales is offline
Forza Schumacher
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,695
Thanks: 9
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Another accusation for Michelin

Here you go! Hope it's not true.
__________________

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2003, 06:25 AM
RallyRaider's Avatar
RallyRaider RallyRaider is offline
Zomby Woof
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 8,871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wonder where that rumour originated

Somebody get down to Ladoux and take rubber samples from the track surface pronto. And get those satelite photos of Fiorano analysed as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2003, 08:11 AM
freakray freakray is offline
AF Modelrater
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,894
Thanks: 18
Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
Are FerrariStone really that desperate?
__________________
AF User Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2003, 08:30 AM
ales's Avatar
ales ales is offline
Forza Schumacher
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,695
Thanks: 9
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
Are FerrariStone really that desperate?

Are Micheatilin that desperate?
__________________

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2003, 09:03 AM
z33guy's Avatar
z33guy z33guy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to z33guy
Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
Are FerrariStone really that desperate?
yes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2003, 09:32 AM
freakray freakray is offline
AF Modelrater
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,894
Thanks: 18
Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
Re: Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
Are Micheatilin that desperate?
All your accusations, aside from allegations of 'we have proof' where is it?
If there was some difinitive proof of these allegations, I will accept that Michelin acted outside the rules, but so far I have seen nothing (did Ferrari take one out of G.W's book on Iraq?).

I never thought of you as a blind follower Alex.
__________________
AF User Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2003, 09:55 AM
ales's Avatar
ales ales is offline
Forza Schumacher
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,695
Thanks: 9
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Why am I a blind follower? I am just relaying the news, Patric Head said he heard the rumor, fgs. I even said I hoped it wasn't true. Who said anything about Ferrari or Bridgestone here? It might as well be some French farmers spotting the test for all we know. But hey, let's all bash Ferrari just for good measure.

Ferrari ask for clarification of a rule - unsportsmanship (as opposed to the "sportsmanship" of not asking for a clarification by Michelin). A rumour circulating in the pitlane and relayed by journalists at a press conference with Patrick Head making a comment with no mention of Ferrari or Bridgestone whatsoever - Ferrari desperate (as opposed to Michelin, if the rumour is true, running an illegal test). And I'm the one who's the blind follower. My "Micheatin" comment is just trying to give you a taste o your own medicine. Doesn't taste that good, does it?

Blind Follower
__________________

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:03 AM
freakray freakray is offline
AF Modelrater
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,894
Thanks: 18
Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
Why am I a blind follower? I am just relaying the news, Patric Head said he heard the rumor, fgs. I even said I hoped it wasn't true. Who said anything about Ferrari or Bridgestone here? It might as well be some French farmers spotting the test for all we know. But hey, let's all bash Ferrari just for good measure.

Ferrari ask for clarification of a rule - unsportsmanship (as opposed to the "sportsmanship" of not asking for a clarification by Michelin). A rumour circulating in the pitlane and relayed by journalists at a press conference with Patrick Head making a comment with no mention of Ferrari or Bridgestone whatsoever - Ferrari desperate (as opposed to Michelin, if the rumour is true, running an illegal test). And I'm the one who's the blind follower. My "Micheatin" comment is just trying to give you a taste o your own medicine. Doesn't taste that good, does it?

Blind Follower
If you're trying to get to me, you'll have to try harder.

The reason I said you seemed like you were being a blind follower was because of your Micheatilin comment, nothing else.
__________________
AF User Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:06 AM
ales's Avatar
ales ales is offline
Forza Schumacher
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,695
Thanks: 9
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
If you're trying to get to me, you'll have to try harder.

The reason I said you seemed like you were being a blind follower was because of your Micheatilin comment, nothing else.
And my Micheatlin comment was mainly because of your Ferraristone comment.
__________________

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:21 AM
RallyRaider's Avatar
RallyRaider RallyRaider is offline
Zomby Woof
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 8,871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
And my Micheatlin comment was mainly because of your Ferraristone comment.
You went off the handle over the term Ferraristone?

Alex, I have been using that term for ages. It mainly harks back to 2001-2002 when Ferrari and Bridgestone implemented their close relationship to integrate the car and tyre as one. To the detriment of their other teams. Lately the two are co-operating in a different manner.

Bridgestone are a disreputable organisation in my opinion, an example of the very worst in Japanese business practice.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:30 AM
ales's Avatar
ales ales is offline
Forza Schumacher
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,695
Thanks: 9
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
You call that going off the handle?

Not the term, but rather the use of it here. Blaming everything on Ferrari - that's the part I don't understand. I don't give a fudge about Bridgestone, or Michelin, for that matter - they're just tyre companies, not sure if there are any "Bridgestone fans" or "Michelin fans", I surel am not one of them. MIght as well throw them both out and replace it with Avon - I don't care. Considering how much difference a tyre can make nowadays I'm starting to support the idea of a single tyre series. I am, however, thankful to Bridgestone for bringing the championships to my favourite driver, something you should be after 99 and especially 98.
__________________

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:36 AM
RallyRaider's Avatar
RallyRaider RallyRaider is offline
Zomby Woof
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 8,871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
You call that going off the handle?

Not the term, but rather the use of it here. Blaming everything on Ferrari - that's the part I don't understand. I don't give a fudge about Bridgestone, or Michelin, for that matter - they're just tyre companies, not sure if there are any "Bridgestone fans" or "Michelin fans", I surel am not one of them. MIght as well throw them both out and replace it with Avon - I don't care. Considering how much difference a tyre can make nowadays I'm starting to support the idea of a single tyre series. I am, however, thankful to Bridgestone for bringing the championships to my favourite driver, something you should be after 99 and especially 98.
Na Bridgestone had set their pattern of behaviour as early as 1998, I gave them the benifit of the doubt at the time, silly me. Their behaviour when they were the one make of tyre in the series was shameful.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-13-2003, 11:02 AM
freakray freakray is offline
AF Modelrater
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,894
Thanks: 18
Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
And my Micheatlin comment was mainly because of your Ferraristone comment.
I didn't realise this was a school yard

But in the case it is, 'Ferrari' is now the 'F' word
Instead of saying 'bastard' we will say 'bridgestone'
A$$hole will be replaced by 'Stoddy'
'clueless moron' will be substituted with 'Mosley'
'bully' will be substituted with 'bernie'
For Alex, cheating will be referred to as 'michelining'

Anyone think of any others (the others I can think of I won't post here )
__________________
AF User Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-15-2003, 10:21 AM
ugly kid jon's Avatar
ugly kid jon ugly kid jon is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Another accusation for Michelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
I didn't realise this was a school yard

But in the case it is, 'Ferrari' is now the 'F' word
Instead of saying 'bastard' we will say 'bridgestone'
A$$hole will be replaced by 'Stoddy'
'clueless moron' will be substituted with 'Mosley'
'bully' will be substituted with 'bernie'
For Alex, cheating will be referred to as 'michelining'

Anyone think of any others (the others I can think of I won't post here )
Do you always try so hard?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Focus2000's Avatar
Focus2000 Focus2000 is offline
Evil Genius
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Come on kids, play nicely or I'll have to bang your heads together
__________________
Chris

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts