|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Panel Lines
Hello!!!
After reading aroud on the forum I have seen that you are using several way to do the panel line... So I have some questions about it.. What is the best way to do them? is it whit a paintmarker or the black washing thing ? The paintmarker,what is the best "size" to use? And then the black wash...how are you doing this, and is it best go mix in som black whit the paint you are use,so you gets a darker version of the paint? Why I ask is that I have never done this on my models, but after seen many models that have this doen, I prety much like it and wants to try it.. Hope someone wil help me... ! From Krisian - Norway |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you want to use the washing technique to do panel lines, add sum black to the color and also add paint thinner, just enough so that the wash is the same consistency as the thinner.
sorry i dont hav anything to say about the marker size.
__________________
-Henry- |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
One thing that I forgot to write about the "wash"
How do you aply it on the body, and what are you use to take of the paint that you dont wont there..?? |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
First, polish and wax the body beforehand. Also, if your car has decals, do the panel lines before you add the decals. Then, make sure you remove any wax residue. Take a very fine brush and dip 3/4 of the bristles into the wash and apply to the lines. To remove the excess wash, use a q-tip dipped in thinner and rub it GENTLY where you want to remove the wash. If you cant remove it wit the q-tip method, take a fine cloth and put very little wax ( almost none at all) and rub it until the wash comes off.
__________________
-Henry- |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
This has been talked about heaps on the forums. Try doing a search for some answers.
This is the latest thread that may help you out on this subject. Panel lines
__________________
Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!! ![]() ![]() View All My Models Here. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
thanks..i wanted to know also
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pardon for asking...Do u usually do the panel line before priming and painting or after? i always do the panel lines after painting and i mess up the paintwork big time..
__________________
![]() Work In Progress |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Would my local hobby shop have Gundam markers, or should I go to an art store?
__________________
Volkswagen. Drivers Wanted. Don't be a ricer. Get a Golf. |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Panel Lines
Your local hobby shop should have them. I thought that this was all in the FAQ. Its been a little bit since I've read it. I think I'll go and read through it again really quick.
__________________
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Panel Lines
Quote:
__________________
Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!! ![]() ![]() View All My Models Here. |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Gundam marker black, fine point. I don't like doing panel lines, but sometimes you have to so the model looks good. Easier with the marker and I don't have to worry about paint mixing and brushing. Works good. You should be able to get them at a local hobby store or anime store.
|
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|