-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-14-2001, 10:43 AM
DantesInferno's Avatar
DantesInferno DantesInferno is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I give up.

That's it. I give up. Yes, I give up. I'm throwing my hands up and my alarm clock out. Does anyone want a free alarm clock? It's pretty neat, I must admit...but this is the second fucking morning I've slept through it! I don't even have time to take a shower! No shower. No breakfast. No extra studying. Damn it...
__________________
"Nothing great was ever acheived without enthusiasm." Interpret as you like.
AIM: RbeccaBrown

Taranaki: "roses are wonderful plants,but they do attract parasites...and the harder you cut them back,the stronger they return.They smell sweet,their faces are soft and pretty,and they can defend themselves with sharp thorns where neccesary....but left untended,and without support,a simple gust of wind can leave them shattered....but not forever....the roots of the rose are strong,cut the wood back,and it will always bloom again."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2001, 10:59 AM
speediva's Avatar
speediva speediva is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,253
Thanks: 110
Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Welcome to my life every MWF. I've slept through my 2 morning classes atleast once per week for the last 3 weeks!!!

And it doesn't help that the first face I see those mornings is that of my B*tchy calc prof whom I find absolutely intolerable!!!!

As for sleeping through your alarm... do you get up and turn it off, or do you not hear it??? If you get up to turn it off and then fall asleep (like I'm notorious for) then try placing your alarm clock all the way across the room so that you have to REALLY get up to find the right button and turn it off.

I hope I helped! *hug*
__________________
Like a boy - but BETTER!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2001, 11:02 AM
DVSNCYNIKL's Avatar
DVSNCYNIKL DVSNCYNIKL is offline
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,253
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
If it's any consolation, you didn't miss anything in here this morning.
__________________
Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2001, 12:30 PM
DantesInferno's Avatar
DantesInferno DantesInferno is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
... do you get up and turn it off, or do you not hear it???
I'm not exactly sure what happens...

Well, I crawled out of bed, went to class, didn't do so well on a quiz because I drew a line one centimeter too low, and I 'ran' into the boyfriend of an old friend of mine. Running into Bryan wouldn't have been such an issue if we were still on 'speaking' terms, but we're not and here I looked like shit. At least I get to sleep in really late tomorrow.

I did come home though and take a nice long shower. That was rather enjoyable. Now I'm actually awake and ready for the rest of the day...but I'm still hungry. Hmm...maybe I'll leave here early and grab something on my way to class. A hot cup of chai sounds great.

Thank you Tangie for the hug...I think I'll just sit here for a bit longer and let my hair dry, well for the next ten minutes or so.
__________________
"Nothing great was ever acheived without enthusiasm." Interpret as you like.
AIM: RbeccaBrown

Taranaki: "roses are wonderful plants,but they do attract parasites...and the harder you cut them back,the stronger they return.They smell sweet,their faces are soft and pretty,and they can defend themselves with sharp thorns where neccesary....but left untended,and without support,a simple gust of wind can leave them shattered....but not forever....the roots of the rose are strong,cut the wood back,and it will always bloom again."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2001, 03:29 PM
Rich's Avatar
Rich Rich is offline
Never Fear, Rich is here!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,663
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally posted by DantesInferno

Running into Bryan wouldn't have been such an issue if we were still on 'speaking' terms, but we're not and here I looked like shit.
I guess its just the fact that I dont understand the first thing about women, but if you dont like this guy, then why were you "dissapointed" about your appearance when you ran into him?

Im not trying to piss you off here or anything, im just trying to figure out the mystery between men and women.
__________________
My Wheels
15' Kia Soul SX 2.0L
13' GMC 1500 P/U 5.3L
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2001, 04:06 PM
DantesInferno's Avatar
DantesInferno DantesInferno is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HuMMerMan


I guess its just the fact that I dont understand the first thing about women, but if you dont like this guy, then why were you "dissapointed" about your appearance when you ran into him?

Im not trying to piss you off here or anything, im just trying to figure out the mystery between men and women.
I suppose to understand this comment, you'd have to understand that my relationship with Bryan didn't play into my "dissapointment" about my appearance, but rather the past friendship I had with his girlfriend. She's one of those people who tears apart others. I didn't pay much attention until she tried to separate me from someone I was very, very close to. She gave me an ultimatum, our shallow friendship, or something much more meaningful with this other person. I drew the line and we haven't talked since.

I hated looking like absolute shit when I ran into Bryan because I knew it would get back to his girlfriend, and let's face it, I think most women would agree that other women are far more judgemental than men.

I hope that helped a bit...
__________________
"Nothing great was ever acheived without enthusiasm." Interpret as you like.
AIM: RbeccaBrown

Taranaki: "roses are wonderful plants,but they do attract parasites...and the harder you cut them back,the stronger they return.They smell sweet,their faces are soft and pretty,and they can defend themselves with sharp thorns where neccesary....but left untended,and without support,a simple gust of wind can leave them shattered....but not forever....the roots of the rose are strong,cut the wood back,and it will always bloom again."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-14-2001, 04:27 PM
Rich's Avatar
Rich Rich is offline
Never Fear, Rich is here!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,663
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally posted by DantesInferno
I hope that helped a bit...
Thx. I understand now, and yes I say that women are more judgemental then men.

Sorry if I was prying into your personal life

__________________
My Wheels
15' Kia Soul SX 2.0L
13' GMC 1500 P/U 5.3L
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-14-2001, 09:49 PM
Jay! Jay! is offline
Horizontally Opposed
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
My brain had the perfect routine down when I was in high school. When the alarm went off, my brain would dream change to be about pressing a button. I never even woke up. I was late ALL THE TIME.
__________________
Hierarchy of Subaru:
Brat > Coupes > Wagons > Sedans > Baja
(Click to see mine!)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-2001, 11:54 PM
speediva's Avatar
speediva speediva is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,253
Thanks: 110
Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Quote:
Originally posted by DantesInferno
I hated looking like absolute shit when I ran into Bryan because I knew it would get back to his girlfriend, and let's face it, I think most women would agree that other women are far more judgemental than men.
I hate when I run into my first ex's dad. (especially once I started dating that ex's best friend...) Anyhoo, when I am dressed in junky clothes, that's always when I am spotted

Women are beotches... Yes, I am one, but we all know that we are!!! Why else would I try to hang with my guy friends over my girl friends??? Guys are usually less judgemental, and when asked to be honest, they often are. I've heard too much backstabbing amongst my female friends to only depend on them...
__________________
Like a boy - but BETTER!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-15-2001, 12:33 PM
KatWoman KatWoman is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine


Guys are usually less judgemental, and when asked to be honest, they often are. I've heard too much backstabbing amongst my female friends to only depend on them...
A big amen to that. That's exactly why my guyfriends to girl friends ratio is 10:1..literally. I have one really good girl friend but I only see her on Sundays when we go to see her n her hubby. The boys go outside and play with the cars and we stay in and play PS2 and play with their 6 mo old son. I have tried getting closer to other girls but they either get too clingy or competitive. I just like to kick back n chill and have a good time. I hate these compeition games that some still wanna play. I am too old for that....i just wanna have a good time with good company. Most of the time when I go out with Alex and our other friends I am the only female in a group of 5 or 6.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-15-2001, 09:24 PM
olds88's Avatar
olds88 olds88 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 319
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af
My brain had the perfect routine down when I was in high school. When the alarm went off, my brain would dream change to be about pressing a button. I never even woke up. I was late ALL THE TIME.
i had/have the same problem but i "rigged" my alarm

the full proof alarm instructions WARNING do not do if you have a spouse or heart condition

first step is to remove covers from eletronic alarm clock
2 find wires leading to speaker/ noise maker
3 cut wires
4splice in 1 rca cable
5 conect cable to aux port of sterio
6 if ajustable turn bass al the way down and treble all the way up
7 turn volume to max
8 re asemble alarm clock
final step have living shit scared out of you next morning!

i havent been late to work in over a year with this method
__________________

what is the world coming to???
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-15-2001, 09:25 PM
Jay! Jay! is offline
Horizontally Opposed
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by olds88
i havent been late to work in over a year with this method
__________________
Hierarchy of Subaru:
Brat > Coupes > Wagons > Sedans > Baja
(Click to see mine!)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-17-2001, 06:07 PM
gang$tarr's Avatar
gang$tarr gang$tarr is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 5,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine

As for sleeping through your alarm... do you get up and turn it off, or do you not hear it??? If you get up to turn it off and then fall asleep (like I'm notorious for) then try placing your alarm clock all the way across the room so that you have to REALLY get up to find the right button and turn it off.
don't you have a snooze timer?? If i didn't have one in my alarm clock i'd be done, i probably hit it and fall back asleep about 6 times every morning
__________________
R.I.P. Lamont Coleman a.k.a. Big L -- 1975-1999
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-18-2001, 06:24 AM
Shell's Avatar
Shell Shell is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
totally agree with gang$tarr.....if it weren't for that snooze button I'd never be on time for anything!!

KatWoman & saturntangerine totally agree with u guys too...girls can be so bitchy (lots more to say on that, but I'll keep it for the girlie forum tehe )
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-18-2001, 11:30 AM
ragt20's Avatar
ragt20 ragt20 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,778
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ragt20
Quote:
Originally posted by olds88


i had/have the same problem but i "rigged" my alarm

the full proof alarm instructions WARNING do not do if you have a spouse or heart condition

first step is to remove covers from eletronic alarm clock
2 find wires leading to speaker/ noise maker
3 cut wires
4splice in 1 rca cable
5 conect cable to aux port of sterio
6 if ajustable turn bass al the way down and treble all the way up
7 turn volume to max
8 re asemble alarm clock
final step have living shit scared out of you next morning!

i havent been late to work in over a year with this method
or slighlty safer method...just buy a stereo that has built in alarm function.....so u don't have to piss around with all that wiring :silly2:
__________________

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts