-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-05-2003, 07:52 PM
jon@af's Avatar
jon@af jon@af is offline
The Media Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Angry Need to vent; Parents

This is just a vent. Im starting to get really tire of everytime I get asked to do something with my friends my mother and father go out on a limb just so I have to fricking stay home. I wanted go hang out with my friends, We would probably have been out until about 11 or so, the curfew for all persons through the state is 12, and Im a pretty responsible person. My mom decided she wanted me home at 9, only they were going to pick me up at 8, which left really no time to do anything, and she's like "well you have to work tomorrow, and there are some screwed up people out there and BLAH BLAH BLAH" Ive heard it ALL before. Yes, I know the world is nothing but a living hell and that there are perverts out there who are after my young self, but Im not exactly ignorant and we dont exactly live in a crime populated area. So she calls my dad, who usually doesnt have a problem most of the time, and bitches about it until he finally says "sorry jon, you have to stay home, your mother's right, you have to work in the morning." So me and my mom get in a fight and I basically ask her " why dont you freaking trust me? Im Almost 18 and you treat me like Im a damn 12 year old" exact words. And after that she said the whole "world is full of pervs" thing again (as if I havent heard it all before) and how she thinks all my friends are bad influences, and again how I work tomorrow. Finally I just stopped listening, called my friend Brian and told him how my parents, for some reason, have no trust whatsoever in my abilities to tell right from wrong.

Now, before anyone replies(if anyone replies) I would like to say to any older members who are going to respond with "well, they are just looking out for your well being" and "They want what's right for you" and "They are doing this for a good reason" To save it. I dont need to hear another lecture on how my parents are trying to teach me a lesson. I know my values and I know what I believe and so do my parents, they just need to learn how to let me grow up and do my own things. I have a phone, they can call if they need me, I just wish they would let me start living my own damn life.
__________________




AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz


Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Oz's Avatar
Oz Oz is offline
Aussie Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 13,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Oz
Beleive me when I say this - I don't think their actions have anything to do with their trust in you. Or even anything to do with you. It has to do with them letting go of your child hood and realising you are an independant entity. Until THEY decide to do that, there isn't much you can really do. Can I recommend not going the rebellious son path and going directly against their wishes - it will backfire on you. I CAN recommend compromise (if they will talk to you). Explain EXACTLY what you want to do, with who, until when, why. Then, if they let you do it, DON'T DEVIATE FROM WHAT YOU TOLD THEM. Good luck matey,
Oz
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRae1
Blessed are the cracked ones for they are the ones that let in the light.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Sean Sean is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
your 18 and they still try to boss you around like a 12 year old? im going to have to agree with Oz on the 'they dont want to let go' theroy. May i ask, are you an only child, first born, last born, or middle child?
__________________
--------------------------------------------------- My signature line.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Steel's Avatar
Steel Steel is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someday soon, I forsee your parents lightening up and letting you do what you want. For me it (seemed to) happen overnight. One minute my parents were badgering me wherei was going all the time, had to ask them for the stupidest crap. Now they dont bohter. Its not that they don't care, but they realized that i've grown up.

It'll happen for you too, don't fret
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2003, 07:13 AM
jon@af's Avatar
jon@af jon@af is offline
The Media Guy
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Quinn
your 18 and they still try to boss you around like a 12 year old? im going to have to agree with Oz on the 'they dont want to let go' theroy. May i ask, are you an only child, first born, last born, or middle child?
Im the firstborn of 2 boys. My brother is 3 years younger than myself.
__________________




AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz


Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2003, 10:32 AM
YogsVR4's Avatar
YogsVR4 YogsVR4 is offline
Funding the welfare state
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Let me tell you this. You're parents have been where you are today. They were teenagers too and you're not going through anything they didn't. Most kids think that somehow their situation is unique and so different then their parents - they are wrong.

Sure there are some alterations but the reasoning and excuses remain the same. Someday you'll be your parents. It'll happen. You might say it won't, but I garentee you that your parents said the same thing.













__________________
Resistance Is Futile (If < 1ohm)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts