-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
mfre1111 mfre1111 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2000 3.0 ohv boiling coolant out

Hi, After installing the new engine and getting it all working, I still have a problem. It is the same problem that caused the engine to have to be changed in the first place. This is a 2000 Taurus Wgn with a 3.0 OHV. It runs great and the temp Gauge reads right in the middle like it should. The problem is that when I turn the engine off after the engine is warm, it will boil the coolant out. Keep in mind that the Gauge doesn't show it being hot at all. When I replaced the engine, I also replaced the radiator as well. I am leaning toward a bad radiator cooling fan (it uses 2 fans) I will be checking it today for just that. It has a new fan switch, and I can hear the fan come on after running for a while. I never looked to see if both were coming on. I will keep up on this post and let everyone know what I find. If anyone knows of a known problem with these vehicles that causes this problem, please let me know. Thank you in advance for any help on this issue. I don't need to put another engine in due to neglect, therefore I want to address this problem ASAP.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 PM
65comet's Avatar
65comet 65comet is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 890
Thanks: 7
Thanked 74 Times in 72 Posts
Re: 2000 3.0 ohv boiling coolant out

Are you saying that the coolant is coming out of the overflow bottle through the cap? Have you replaced that cap? The previous engine problems with high pressure in the cooling system could have ruined the pressure capacity for that cap.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 AM
mfre1111 mfre1111 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: 2000 3.0 ohv boiling coolant out

I will have to check that out. I know the bottle is new because it had a crack in the old one. It is not used, it is new.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2000 3.0 ohv problems for sure mfre1111 Taurus | Taurus Wagon 5 08-21-2011 10:13 PM
91 mighty max 3.0 parting out Rip_Jeff Mighty Max 0 07-27-2010 06:04 PM
2000 3.0 24v hard to start wagon. Tglass Taurus | Taurus Wagon 4 07-07-2009 02:26 PM
2000 Mercury Sable 3.0 OHV 6mcmlxv5 Sable 0 11-16-2007 06:26 PM
replacing Taurus 3.0 Dura with a 3.0 OHV khaledme Taurus | Taurus Wagon 4 11-23-2004 04:47 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts